Buffalo Bills are reportedly interested in DE Chandler Jones

BuffaloBills1998

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Quote from Jimmy Johnson “You win with the guy that can throw the ball and the guy that can get to the guy throwing the ball”

Yep..........two most important positions in football are QB.......by A LOT.........and then pass rusher.

I posted a positional value scale here years ago and had QB at 10 and pass rusher was 4............it's a huge drop but those are the most important positions in football, IMEO(In most evaluators opinion)............though @dave mcbride has made a compelling case for CB1 to be equal or greater than Pass Rusher 1 in todays game.

• Like (+1) 4

51 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

No. That is simply bull#### you're talking there. Flat-out, pure 100% crap.

Yes, I did use Deion as an example of a player who makes impact plays on the field that aren't visible. No, I did not "comparing Sanders' impact to Edmunds," and you know it. Pure crap there.

To repeat, you said, " “Ignoring all the impact plays that don’t happen” is quite possibly the most baseless argument I’ve ever heard one use to defend a player. It’s an argument built on supposition and assumption."

I used the example of Deion to show that your argument wasn't just wrong, but stupid. Deion is probably the single most obvious example of a guy who proves that plays that don't happen can be huge. There were a lot of times when nobody threw near Deion, and yet all those plays that never happened were huge. No mention of Deion and Tremaine in the same sentence. Not even any mention of Deion and Tremaine in the same paragraph. Only use of Deion to attack your argument.

Again, the first person to compare the two was you, when you created your sad little straw man argument there. You said it, then were so happy about the idea that you'd created that you didn't just use it talking to me that you boasted about your kindness in not using my name in an early post about it, and then said I must be old not to remember that I'd made an argument I'd never made, an argument created entirely by you.

And I do have to crack up with you. I'm the one who "cracks at you," apparently? You're just an innocent little sweet thing, not insulting me for possibly being old, not consistently  ? Yeah, again, dumb argument. Both of us are involved here. And it ain't a coincidence that that poster told you to drop it, but not me.

You're the one who leapt in with the first post of the thread, so desperate to insult Edmunds that you felt it was worth the rudeness of thread-napping.

Oh, and yet more classic stuff in your post here. "This wasn’t an Edmunds thread until you made it such, despite one thing I said in a single post." Yeah, um, that's not how thread-napping works, dude. Nor any form of rudeness in conversation. The first guy who changes the subject doesn't to say the guy who answered his rudeness is the one at fault. You brought the whole thing up. And it's something you and yours do with tremendous consistency.

Some guy posts a thread on something he wants to talk about, and you or someone like you immediately darts in to change the subject to moan and whinge about Edmunds. Just like you did here. With such desperate eagerness that you were in whining and moaning about your feelings about Edmunds 6 minutes after the OP thought he'd start a conversation about Chandler Jones.

You won't accept responsibility for thread-napping. And you say it's only me and apparently not you who's cracking back. Two posts and we can see an absolute inability to accept even partial responsibility, from the guy who first thread-napped.

Pitiful.

My god, 1+1 does not equal 2 for you. You brought up Deion Sanders to make a point while we were discussing Edmunds - let me reiterate again - the discussion was ABOUT Edmunds and his lack of impact plays on the field! Don’t bring up a first ballot Hall of Fame cornerback in your attempt to prove a point. You ARE comparing the two because you attempted to justify that which cannot be seen, plays that never happened. Apples to apples. Deion Sanders locked up his man, consistently, interceptions or not. The broadcast team had fun showing replays of him taking out his man. There’s no argument he was an impact defender, yet here we are debating the merits of Edmunds as such. Your comparison, no matter how much you’re reluctant to admit it, was not only wrong, but stupid.

As far as my first post in this thread… So now it’s an insult to suggest trading a player with a hefty contract to acquire another. Got it. That’s only an insult to YOU, because you clearly take my posts about Edmunds personally. Are you Mrs. Edmunds? I didn’t mean to offend your son, I just don’t think he’s worth his current cap hit. That’s my opinion, sorry. If it makes you feel better, I swear I’ve never called him a bust or said that he sucked. I’ll include photographic evidence here which supports my claim. 

You can stop your crusade now, Mrs. Edmunds. You’re tough as nails. More relentless than your son on the field. 

31070CA6-F717-4204-9222-A772DD040A2A.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I thought it was very serious. Are you saying the Bills don't think Chandler Jones is a cool guy?

I don’t believe they know him well enough to make that determination 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Broncos signing Randy Gregory. This could mean....Jones to Buffalo.

Perhaps. But it could also mean absolutely nothing as well

Edited by Brennan Huff

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Broncos signing Randy Gregory. This could mean....Jones to Buffalo.

Von Miller home to Dallas and Chandler Jones home to Buffalo?

I expect a lot of teams very much in on both but would be a good result for the Bills.

Disappointed that Sidney Jones re-signed with Seattle...........for 1 year $3.6M that he got that seemed like a good insurance policy with upside for Tre White maybe not being ready for the opener.

But in a couple days the big money will dry up and there will be a bunch of potential bargains out there.

• Like (+1) 1