Buffalo Bills are reportedly interested in DE Chandler Jones

BuffaloBills1998

Would love to have Jones in a Bill uniform for next year and maye be 1 or 2 after that.  I didn't know he was from the WNY area.  Would also love to see Calais Campbell, but he's 35, so I'd only want him on a 1 year deal.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

This is not breaking news and has been discussed ad nauseum in a number of other threads.

I haven’t seen many credible sources though confirming our interest. Just speculation and how much people wanted to sign him. If this thread is indeed true, then that is an encouraging sign. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I haven’t seen many credible sources though confirming our interest. Just speculation and how much people wanted to sign him. If this thread is indeed true, then that is an encouraging sign. 

As big of a no-brainer this is, it is encouraging to see it being reported.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

As big of a no-brainer this is, it is encouraging to see it being reported.

He’s a local as well. It’s why I’m hoping we get Jones and Gronkowski. It just feels right. Gronkowski grew up a Bills fan and he could help us along with Knox. It’s a win win no brainer. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

landing C. Jones, and getting a guy like Davis in the draft (while seemingly unlikely to fall to 25) would vastly improve the front 7.

Someone on GMFB remarked about the Bills that  "we wouldn't be talking about those 13 seconds if the Bills had a guy like Jones on D."   

I wonder if McDermott would change his tune on using a rotation if we were to sign an elite end like Jones. I already hate the rotation.... if we signed Jones and I watched McDermott sub him out for AJ 50% of the snaps I'd be furious. 

"Jones would certainly slot in at starting defensive end opposite Greg Rousseau, but he’s consistently played more than 84% of his team’s snaps on defense. In Buffalo, he would get more of a breather than that, as the Bills love to rotate. Jerry Hughes led all defensive ends on the Bills at just under 52% of the snaps a year ago."

• Like (+1) 1

It would make much more sense to sign Chandler Jones in free agency than to trade for a guy like Khalil Mack.

Buffalo is now a top destination for free agents and he may be willing to sign a long deal with years tacked on to lessen the cap hit to around $10 Million this year. No sense in giving up draft capital if you don't need to.

Von Miller could also be a possibility if he doesn't re-sign with the Rams (who are currently $20 Million over the cap)

• Like (+1) 2