Khalil Mack traded to Chargers for 2nd and 6th round picks

FluffHead

14 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Lorenzo Alexander had one super productive year as a pass rusher and never achieved the same success again.

Should we still wait for Cody Ford to develop or should we try to get better at guard? 

Our Super Bowl window cannot and should not wait for these kids to develop over the course of 4 years. That’s GMing malpractice 

Beane has been one of the best GMS in the NFL since his tenure began here

If you think he's been a malpracticing GM I don't know what you've been watching

You play a lot of Madden and you want to see Blockbuster trades I get it

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’m all for getting an elite or high end pass rusher, but Mack’s production has been declining.

He hasn’t had over 9 sacks since 2019.

He is just coming off of an injury.

He has a huge cap hit.  I know money can be moved around but this is a lot more money that would be tied up for next year than let’s say a Von Miller or Chandler Jones.

It is a legitimate question to ponder why his sack totals have declined.

I would much rather go after Chandler Jones or Von Miller, pay less and not have to give up picks.

Mack may pan out, but I think there are better options considering the above.

• Agree 1

For those searching for silver linings:

1) Bosa and Mack will beat up Mahomes 2x per regular season.

2) The price for an elite DE trade is now set. We won't have to pay more than a 2nd and 6th for a guy with similar skill set and cap hit to Mack.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bears now have a pair of second round picks, which they can use to pick up two starters, or trade up to 18 or 19 and pick up a stud.  I just did a mock for them and they got Tariq Woolen and the DT from UConn in the 2nd.  That and a lot of cap space makes it a pretty good trade.  Who knows how Mack will do?  

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Bring back Hughes for a year and draft Travis Jones

Travis Jones is one of my favorite prospects in the draft. I guess I’d be fine with Hughes for cheap, as long as they get someone like Clowney or Chandler Jones.

We have to reserve judgment until we see the entire body of work for Beane this off-season.

If you just look at it today, then all you get is two special teams players re-signed and quality depth at LB and OL gone.  The team is arguably worse today than it was after the season ended, other teams are already better,  and some but not much improvement on the cap has been made.  

But it's early.  It's ok to criticize the moves Beane makes but it is really hard to criticize the moves he doesn't make until we see how the whole off-season unfolds.  That said, a player who would be a significant upgrade to our defense was had for a 2nd round pick and change.  Yes he is expensive but his contract could have been reworked to make it happen.  

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.