Khalil Mack traded to Chargers for 2nd and 6th round picks

FluffHead

17.5M cap hit, and then in 2023 and 2024 the cap hits jump to 22.7M.  

I know you can re-structure but that requires void years or extensions... and he's already 31 coming off a foot injury.  With Mack and Bosa they should have one of the most formidable pass rushes in the league.  We'll see how they address a pretty mediocre rush defense though, and honestly their secondary isn't anything to write home about.  

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I would’ve gladly given up a 2nd and a 6th for Mack. That’s incredible. Hope we don’t roll out geriatric Hughes and Addison again. 

Man if we do I’m going to do nothing lol but I will be mad 

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Process said:

For a 2nd round pick. That's it?

So far the AFC has added Wilson and Mack, and the NFC has added Wentz.

I expect much more of the same all offseason.  Nfc is the minor leagues in regards to QBs 

3 straight years with less than 10 sacks, he would obviously be our best d lineman but he's not the same player he used to be. 

Also, a good time to point out again that the Bills are in a division with the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins 🤣

• Like (+1) 4

The AFC West is stacked. The Raiders aren't a bad team and they're in the basement after this. The Chiefs are the Chiefs. The Chargers on the come up. Denver on the come up. Each one of them will likely have at least 3 losses within their own division alone. 

He is coming off a down year/injury, but if this same deal could have been on the table for the Bills and we passed that's a bit concerning as this is almost lopsided in the Chargers favor if Mack has a lot left in the tank.

Of course maybe we have our eyes on a much bigger prize in which this is going to be irrelevant in hindsight.

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Someone realizes that the key to beating good QB’s is to pressure and sack the crap out of them. 

Unfortunately, that someone is not Beane.

Yeah because he spent a first round pick on Ed Oliver.. a first round pick on Gregg.. a second round pick on boogie.. and another second round pick on AJ

I think he is trying to solve it via the draft 

Whether it works out in the Long haul is up in the air but he certainly has thrown Capital at it

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, dneveu said:

17.5M cap hit, and then in 2023 and 2024 the cap hits jump to 22.7M.  

From what I'm seeing it's a $30 million cap hit this year for Mack and gets lower over the next two years. But we could have found that cap space if we wanted to. Our biggest failure against the Chiefs was letting Mahomes run away from our middling edge rushers. We need to be able to put him on the ground. There needs to be some move made this offseason to fix that problem.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.