Khalil Mack traded to Chargers for 2nd and 6th round picks

FluffHead

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's easy to give credit to Beane for Allen and Diggs (although he could have had a younger, better player that the Vikings drafted with our pick).

But I think the biggest problem with all the slobbering over Beane is fans are projecting what they believe and think is going to happen under his watch (i.e. winning a SB someday) vs. the actual reality of the situation.

And that reality is a few division titles and one AFC championship blowout loss. And outside of Allen and Diggs trade most of his top draft picks haven't amounted to much so far. This is why a lot of folks feel he'd be better off making a Diggs like trade again but for the defense now.

No matter what way you slice it, if Beane doesn't make a power move soon in form of trade or FA signing there is absolutely nothing to indicate this team is going to be among the elite contenders in 2022. They may not even win the division depending on what the Pats and Dolphins do. Allen can't do everything especially with marginal garbage on defense which is still this teams biggest issue regardless of the hollow regular season rankings and stat padding against backups.

Geezus.  Beane takes a bloated perennial loser, guts it, and turns it into a perennial SB contender after  just 2 rebuild years and people act like he’s done nothing and is a bum.

He is easily a top 5 GM in the NFL right now, and our future is sky high because of him.  But people keep whining about him even though it wasn’t his fault the team on the field couldn’t hold a lead for 13 seconds.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Exactly ,you're last sentence shows your troll job perfectly

This is about talking trash to a franchise with zero super bowl wins ever LOL I would be a fan to the day I died regardless if we ever won one.. cuz we haven't won one  in 50+ and I still go.. you just want to take passive aggressive shots at the team

The Rams have a 34-year-old quarterback and have to win now so traded everything.. the bills have a young Josh Allen going into his prime and we need to surround him with talent for 10 years

You’re too busy trying to be the next Pats dynasty for 20 years. You have to win one before you can win 7.

• Agree 1

Just now, FireChans said:

You’re too busy trying to be the next Pats dynasty for 20 years. You have to win one before you can win 7.

Trust me if 15 years go by and Josh Allen and the bills only won one super bowl I would be satisfied because I love the Buffalo Bills

I wouldn't be be crying about the fact he didn't win seven

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Is this where we over exaggerate Mack because he’s not a Bill?  

He hasn’t had double digit sacks since 2018, but I’m sure we are gonna have a ton of people here crying over this as if our shot at a SB is gone without him.  

Neither did Von Miller who was hurt and had low sack numbers the last few years with Denver. But he had 7 sacks down the stretch for the Rams in about half a season there and also had 4 sacks in the playoffs including 2 in the SB win against the Bengals.

I don't care about not getting Mack if something bigger is planned. But if we are sitting here a few months from now looking at a dline with mostly the same guys as last year + another marginal 4 sack a season FA and unproven draft pick I imagine a lot of fans are going to be a bit antsy and truly questioning the long term viability of this current regime.

Everyone knows what needs to be done and not just the fanbase....

21 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Let's see how many super bowls this gets the Rams

There's been plenty of teams that have made Blockbuster trades and won out free agency and they never won Jack 

The Patriots and Brady on the other hand never won the off season and won like six super bowls... And they hardly made any big splashes

Beane has been plenty aggressive in his regime... he's identified players he's liked whether they worked out or not and gotten them... Moved up for Josh .. moved up for Tremaine.. traded a first for Stef.. has been retaining all of our homegrown players .. he's not been Joe schmo

I generally agree, but we need 1 title more than we need 2, 3, 4.   Josh is the best dual threat qb ever….. we’d be smart to make sure we get one while he has his legs and his health. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills have to be feeling the pressure. This is literally the final offseason of friendly Josh Allen cap hits. Have to go for it.  No one cares what our cap situation will be like 4 years from now.

This move stings.

Seems like other teams in the AFC are getting the memo

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

I would’ve gladly given up a 2nd and a 6th for Mack. That’s incredible. Hope we don’t roll out geriatric Hughes and Addison again. 

I doubt the Bills problem would be the trade compensation. It's the contract. He's nearly a 20 million a year cap hit for the next 3 years.

He's 31 now so I'm not sure he doesn't qualify as geriatric. He had less sacks than Addison did in 2021 for that cap hit. 

I'd rather pay 22-26 million a year for a younger option if they want add a high cap hit player at the position. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Trust me if 15 years go by and Josh Allen and the bills only won one super bowl I would be satisfied because I love the Buffalo Bills

I wouldn't be be crying about the fact he didn't win seven

So let’s go win one instead of worrying about 7.

Edited by FireChans

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Geezus.  Beane takes a bloated perennial loser, guts it, and turns it into a perennial SB contender after  just 2 rebuild years and people act like he’s done nothing and is a bum.

He is easily a top 5 GM in the NFL right now, and our future is sky high because of him.  But people keep whining about him even though it wasn’t his fault the team on the field couldn’t hold a lead for 13 seconds.  

He's not a bum or a top 5 GM.

He's somewhere in between but now is the time for him to truly feed his ego and take this team over the top. I think he may planning to do this behind the scenes but until we see it happen there's reason for concern and why this mack trade is going to generate this type of discussion.

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He’s had his share of hits and misses.  Luckily for him (and us) his hits are 0-2 bottom on 9, gw grand slam type hits.  He’s a very good GM but he has a laundry list of somewhat bad misses. 

12 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You must know there are multiple ways to deal with his contract and make it happen.  Please don't call people stupid. 

Who says he’d be willing to take a pay cut. The player has to agree to a contract restructuring before you even attempt to do it. He’s guaranteed 17 million this season and it only goes up more after that. His production has been mediocre at best especially for the Bears we’re paying him. And yes I will call you guys stupid because most of you fans are unrealistic and you

guys want things done on a certain time frame. That’s not how any of this works

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.