Khalil Mack traded to Chargers for 2nd and 6th round picks

FluffHead

15 minutes ago, dneveu said:

17.5M cap hit, and then in 2023 and 2024 the cap hits jump to 22.7M.  

I know you can re-structure but that requires void years or extensions... and he's already 31 coming off a foot injury.  With Mack and Bosa they should have one of the most formidable pass rushes in the league.  We'll see how they address a pretty mediocre rush defense though, and honestly their secondary isn't anything to write home about.  

And his stats have dropped off the past couple of years.

I want an elite pass rusher too, but I'm not sure Mack is the one we want.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We don't have the 24 million in cap space to have taken it on right now. It's as simple as that. Sucks we could have had him if we had the room, but we just don't right now.

Again, current salary cap means nothing and Beane can free up boatloads of money at any given moment to accommodate a deal like this.

• Agree 3

One thing ia for certain,  the AFC is becoming a much tougher road each and every day…I’m hopeful that we have a big move or two but at the same time worried why going back to last year we didn’t explore a move like this. 

This is a move of going out and gettting a Difference maker, not just a good JAG. Mack in Buffalo would make a lot of sense and bring some serious excitement. I’d dump those picks in a second. 

I guess maybe the only good thing is that everything is falling in the West so far.. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You certainly cannot judge any rookie from their first year let alone somebody like boogie

Lorenzo Alexander wasn't a productive defensive player until he was 30 years old.. and he turned out pretty good

Players develop at different rates judging somebody after one year is ludicrous

Lorenzo Alexander had one super productive year as a pass rusher and never achieved the same success again.

Should we still wait for Cody Ford to develop or should we try to get better at guard? 

Our Super Bowl window cannot and should not wait for these kids to develop over the course of 4 years. That’s GMing malpractice 

• Agree 2

Bean has made it very clear by now that he thinks JA and a bunch of role players can win a Championship.  It can't.  The Rams proved this, the Bucs the year before who with Brady still went out and added key high-production players.  Bean is awful.  Thanks for getting us here, time for a GM who knows how to construct teams that can actually not blow games on D.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Something tells me this trade won't look as good in December/January. 

We will have to wait and see.

something a lot of people said about the Rams trading a bunch last year, esp. with Von Miller and OBJ.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Bean has made it very clear by now that he thinks JA and a bunch of role players can win a Championship.  It can't.  The Rams proved this, the Bucs the year before who with Brady still went out and added key high-production players.  Bean is awful.  Thanks for getting us here, time for a GM who knows how to construct teams that can actually not blow games on D.  

The fact that my Beane is sleeping thread is locked for not breaking any forum rules is all you need to know. Sad. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

Von Miller is two years older and went more for as a half season rental. 

I get that it's also a salary dump for the Bears but damn, how did they only get a 2nd. 

Bears have never been good at acquiring draft picks from trades. 

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

“Beane is awful”.  Lol.  No. He might not be doing what you want….but he is far from awful.  He may be making a mistake by not going all in (if that happens to be the case).  McD made a mistake in the KC game.  He’s not awful is he?  Your exaggerations are embarrassing 

regarding the trade, I would’ve done that deal in a heartbeat if I were Beane.  Oh well.  

Hopefully we can get an impact pass rusher without giving up picks.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Free agency hasn't even started yet, lol

• Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.