Khalil Mack traded to Chargers for 2nd and 6th round picks

FluffHead

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yeah because he spent a first round pick on Ed Oliver.. a first round pick on Gregg.. a second round pick on boogie.. and another second round pick on AJ

I think he is trying to solve it via the draft 

Whether it works out in the Long haul is up in the air but he certainly has thrown Capital at it

Counterpoint, Boogie and AJ suck and shouldn’t hold us back from getting better.

• Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Chargers will add Jordan Davis too in the draft to clog the middle. With Mack and Bosa off the edges, that’s scary. Too bad we have Hughes and Addison crawling off the edges slowly. 

I still think Chandler Jones will be signed by us. Addison & Hughes will be gone. Jones & Groot on the outside with AJE & Boogie as depth. The question remains who our 1T will be?

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Chargers will add Jordan Davis too in the draft to clog the middle. With Mack and Bosa off the edges, that’s scary. Too bad we have Hughes and Addison crawling off the edges slowly. 

This painted a picture of two old guys with Walkers trying to take on right and left tackles. I chuckled.

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

That contract is fine for year 1, but gets pretty ugly for a guy who’s been struggling to stay on the field for the next 2 years.   I would love him here, but I see why he went “cheap”.

Bears have a defensive HC and gave him away. The chargers had the worst Defenses in the league last year and had to do something that GM is on last legs 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, FireChans said:

Counterpoint, Boogie and AJ suck and shouldn’t hold us back from getting better.

You certainly cannot judge any rookie from their first year let alone somebody like boogie

Lorenzo Alexander wasn't a productive defensive player until he was 30 years old.. and he turned out pretty good

Players develop at different rates judging somebody after one year is ludicrous

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am sure we will sit tight and waste another pick on an average at best D-lineman who will never materialize.  I would like for us to really address a need for once like we did QB.  Do whatever it takes to get a home run at RB or a complete disruptor on D.  It would be nice to have a piece added.  I do not think we are good enough as the roster sits now to get over the hump next year.

However I would not want Mack for that amount and current contract.

Edited by metbill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

The AFC West is stacked. The Raiders aren't a bad team and they're in the basement after this. The Chiefs are the Chiefs. The Chargers on the come up. Denver on the come up. Each one of them will likely have at least 3 losses within their own division alone. 

7th Seed 

And Home field meaning less and less plays key factors into all of this going forward.

Just Get In and be as Hot/Healthy as possible.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

1 minute ago, Process said:

Beane will make us all forget about this next week when he signs Chandler Jones

Sign Chandler Jones or trade for Danielle Hunter. Those are the moves that would make me okay with passing up on Mack. If we don't add an impact edge rusher the offseason is a failure.

2 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

can easy dump him . Makes this looks better for LAC

Oh wow I didn't realize that the Chargers are only on the hook for $17 mil of his $30 mil cap hit. That makes our lack of interest more glaring IF we don't make a comparable move.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Lorenzo Alexander wasn't a productive defensive player until he was 30 years old.. and he turned out pretty good

The good news is Basham was a 24 year old rookie.............so that breakout age 30 season is right around the corner! 

• Haha (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

How’s Mack been the past two years?  I loved him coming out, and a UB guy, but is he worth the contract?

If you take away last year in which he was injured most the season and his rookie year, his career low in sacks is 8.5 in a single season. And even that would make him the leader on this dline which has been nothing but a bunch of guys average 4-6 sacks a year under McDermott.

Like myself and others have said, it's time for Beane to give up much more than he is going to be comfortable with in terms of picks/money/etc to make a splash and find a guy like this. But if we could have made this same deal for mack and Beane passed it raises serious red flags in terms of what his plan is.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.