How about a Free Agent Guard? Titans release Saffold

Draconator

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As shallow as the class of FA guards is I'd expect Saffold to get a starting contract on the open market.    

I agree with you.  He is still better than several starters on teams like Jacksonville, Carolina, Cincinnati, and Houston.  He will be starting somewhere if he chooses to play.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Please, SG.  

Why would he flirt with going to the defending AFC Champions who have more than 50 million dollars in cap space when he can be low or middle balled to come to Buffalo?

3 words should give us some hope on the recruiting trail Donuts—“indoor practice facility” :D…apparently Cinci has nada in this regard? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Cody Ford will be a week 1 starter and you’re all going to see the Kromer effect in action.

Could happen, but it’s entirely up to Cody Ford and what he decides to do in the off-season. If he’s serious about his career he’ll check into one of those OL academies and then show up in the best shape of his life. Nothing so far has shown he’s that type of guy though, besides words.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Would love it, but not expecting anything even close in FA.

I think Beane's plan will be to sign a couple of mid-tier FAs, and draft a C/G in the 2nd or 3rd round (and maybe even another in the 6th/7th).

Here are the guys to watch from our meeting list...

Cam Jurgens - C/G Nebraska
Logan Bruss - C/G Wisconsin
Zion Johnson - C/G Boston College
Lecitus Smith - G Virginia Tech
Dohnovan West - C/G Arizona State
Kenyon Green - C/G Texas A&M

its cool and all to list a bunch of targets for the draft but they could be all gone by the time you get to them or have to reach to get one and that is not an ideal way to enter the draft. Beanie has shown he wants his house in order before the draft

All I'm hoping for is at least one new starter on the IOL, maybe two if the Bills are serious about protecting Josh. I don't see them replacing Dawkins or Brown so that leave 3 positions up for grabs. Maybe they bump Dion to LG but either way 2/5 spots are locked up

11 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

its cool and all to list a bunch of targets for the draft but they could be all gone by the time you get to them or have to reach to get one and that is not an ideal way to enter the draft. Beanie has shown he wants his house in order before the draft

From the list of known meetings, the Bills met with more C/Gs and CBs than any other position, by a pretty good amount too (WR was up there as well, but not as much as C/G).

It is almost a certainty Beane drafts at least 1.

He'll get his house in order too. That why I said he'll sign a couple of mid-tiers in free agency.

• Like (+1) 4

8 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Would love it, but not expecting anything even close in FA.

I think Beane's plan will be to sign a couple of mid-tier FAs, and draft a C/G in the 2nd or 3rd round (and maybe even another in the 6th/7th).

Here are the guys to watch from our meeting list...

Cam Jurgens - C/G Nebraska
Logan Bruss - C/G Wisconsin
Zion Johnson - C/G Boston College
Lecitus Smith - G Virginia Tech
Dohnovan West - C/G Arizona State
Kenyon Green - C/G Texas A&M

I hope it's both a free agent signing (ready to start Game 1) and a Day 1-2 draft pick for interior OL.  People can talk WR, TE, RB all day, but it's the OL that makes all these offensive fantasies come true.  Not only for pass protection, but who wants another year where the O coordinator has Josh run and hurdle because we can't establish a running threat?

I'm also a bit tired of hearing about a lineman that can play multiple OL positions yet excel at neither.  It's time to commit to at least one dominant guard like we had in Ritchie.  If Beane now likes tall rangy tackles, then he can also learn to appreciate a guard that can execute a drive block.  

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As shallow as the class of FA guards is I'd expect Saffold to get a starting contract on the open market.    

I hope it’s not from the Bills. A pretty knowledge titans fan I know says that he was terrible in pass protection this season. Pff isn’t the Bible but his pass protection grade was a 44.  High 70s as a run blocker.

any OL we draft better not suck in pass protection.  If we have 5 guys that can block their butts in pass pro, with josh’s mobility, we’ll have guys open on every play.  Josh could just create time in the pocket at will with a good OL.  I really hope Beane attacks the OL this offseason.  

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.