Kumerow signed to 1 year deal

BillsMafi$

29 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

The NFL and XFL teamed up and the NFL is using the XFL as a league to test out rules basically. They are going to collaborate.

Majority of major injures happen on special teams plays, they are going to do everything they can to reduce that.

The XFL is slated to return in February 2023. Under the partnership, the XFL will function as a sort of "petri dish" for the NFL to experiment with, XFL president Russ Brandon said to ESPN's Kevin Seifert.

We shall see how much of a rules test this is.  I can't find many details.

7 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

How thick are you??  Go back and re-read what I said, I never once referred to JK as above average anything, stop being “that guy” on purpose…, 

Go Bills!!!

50 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Your killing me,😁 “this better be for league minimum “  or what? Are you gonna go on a rant, and subject all of us to your musings…?,  nuthin but  luv dude, but really…? Beane is in a tight financial position, he needs a hand full of above average players at important positions, he’s not giving JK the keys to the city, 

Go Bills!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Lotta people getting worked up without seeing contract specifics.  Probably a very modest contract with little or no guaranteed money. 

Well if it's $2.5M-$3M aav..........then after deducting the league minimum that will reduce their cap space by around $2M.      I would expect the Bills will be shopping around actual starting jobs to veteran CB's and DT's for around $5M aav.........crying poor.........so anything over league minimum for Kumerow might be the difference between getting a good veteran at those positions or not.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Punts and kickoffs can't be dispensed with soon enough.

All they do is keep non-players.......like Haack, Kumerow, Matakevich and Taiwan...........employed while giving us extra tv timeouts after touchbacks, fair catches and balls rolling to a stop while the clock runs.

Sad, but true.

Used be an exciting facet of game. Punchers chance on kicks or punts if you were trailing & had a great special team returner. Same with onside kicks ☹️

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MWK said:

Or maybe I don't like wasting what little cap we have on special teams only players who can't do much of anything like Tyler Matakevich

You realize we need depth players, right? Wouldn't you rather have depth players that contribute on special teams? I don't understand your rationale.

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Sure. Just make no mention whatsoever of the cap being lowered by $20M due to COVID. That has nothing to do with it 🙄

That is irrelevant.........the cap was lowered for all teams.

Going into the 2019 offseason they had $90M in cap space.

After the 2020 season they already couldn't even afford to address any of the issues they claimed were responsible for their AFCCG loss.

He's had a few notable good deals with his own veterans(Dawkins and White).........and the bargain 1 year deal for Daryl Williams............but otherwise he hasn't done well wrt managing the salary cap.        

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Like I said  “he’s not giving JK the keys to the city”.  What makes you think that I feel JK is above average anything? Two separate concepts going on it that post, Jeesh dude have another cup of coffee, but this time don’t make it decafe…, 

1 hour ago, Process said:

I just randomly looked up Jones stats after seeing this. He has 223 career rushing yards over 11 seasons. 

That's pretty incredible. 

Guy hung around 11 years as a special teamer/reserve RB.

Elite special teams guys but you kick it into the end zone to waste no time on the precious clock. Sorry I went there. That was my initial thought when I read your post. I guess I'm still bitter... 

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Like I said  “he’s not giving JK the keys to the city”.  What makes you think that I feel JK is above average anything? Two separate concepts going on it that post, Jeesh dude have another cup of coffee, but this time don’t make it decafe…, 

So your contention is that this signing will facilitate the acquisition of more above average players at important positions, in a year with limited cap space. Got it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.