Kumerow signed to 1 year deal

BillsMafi$

20 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Particularly when they focus on it and then it lets them down in the biggest game of the year

That's an excellent proof that STs matter. They win and lose games, sometimes important ones.

They didn't lose that because they paid the STs guys too much. They lost because (it sure looks like) the STs coach made a mistake. And he's gone now.

Prior to this signing, we had Diggs, Davis and two late round picks that we have no clue about.  Kumerow gives us a special teams player as WR depth, who Josh has experience with.  

How could anyone be upset with this?  

I highly doubt he's any higher than WR5 come September. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

That's an excellent proof that STs matter. They win and lose games, sometimes important ones.

They didn't lose that because they paid the STs guys too much. They lost because (it sure looks like) the STs coach made a mistake. And he's gone now.

is it?

Or is it proof that the kicker instead of kicking it short kicked a touchback, which has zero to do with the kick coverage team. 

10 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

So - there's a roster position up for grabs - will it revert to rb or maybe get allocated somewhere else? TE?

It is a good question. It is linked to who gets the returner job too. Stevenson will get a shot but man he disappointing as a rookie.

25 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

This is another indicator that Buffalo is a player destination.  Kumerow could've gone to Green Bay.  He's a hard worker, a special teams strength, and is a good blocker.  And he knows his job.  

Yes when he was on offense he was doing a lot of dirty work blocking allowing other WRs to make plays.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

How is Kumerow an above average player at an important position?

Dude, Obtuse much, or is it just reading comprehension problem? 

Think about this, FA hasn’t started yet, and this is the period in time when all NFL team GMs extend, renegotiate, or cut multiple players behind the scenes, it happens every single year, yet, folk still get all bent out of shape and spout off as if they have actual answers, you gotta admit, it’s pretty funny to watch it happen, it’s like clockwork. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BillsDiehard said:

Seriously, a 30-year old special teams player! We can't find that in the later rounds of the draft!?

I’m sure we could find similar talent in the draft but I have heard Kumerow brings some leadership qualities to the team, McDermott calls him a glue guy. That kind of intangible counts for the Bills. 

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Dude, Obtuse much, or is it just reading comprehension problem? 

Think about this, FA hasn’t started yet, and this is the period in time when all NFL team GMs extend, renegotiate, or cut multiple players behind the scenes, it happens every single year, yet, folk still get all bent out of shape and spout off as if they have actual answers, you gotta admit, it’s pretty funny to watch it happen, it’s like clockwork. 

Go Bills!!!

So you think Kumerow is an above average wideout? Out above average special teams players?

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Prior to this signing, we had Diggs, Davis and two late round picks that we have no clue about.  Kumerow gives us a special teams player as WR depth, who Josh has experience with.  

How could anyone be upset with this?  

I highly doubt he's any higher than WR5 come September. 

I think we can be upset at the likely notion......due to the timing of the signing............that he got more than league minimum...........which, like with Siran Neal last week, will cut into what they can spend.

The reason why Beane has himself in worse cap shape than when he inherited the team..........despite a QB technically still on his rookie deal..........is a high volume of overpays.    

Be it the Star Lotulelei or Trent Murphy type contracts or the mountain of $6M-$3M aav deals for veteran backups and role players.  

They need to rely more on their scouting and draft to fill ST and backup roles and use their cap to add a difference maker or two.

If they aren't going to be willing to kick cap hits down the road...........as Beane has indicated they won't(we'll see)............then they need to be more frugal with the role players.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, GoBills808 said:

So you think Kumerow is an above average wideout? Out above average special teams players?

How thick are you??  Go back and re-read what I said, I never once referred to JK as above average anything, stop being “that guy” on purpose…, 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

Remember all the camp talk last year that Kumerow was roasting our DBs and making constant plays and would force a significant role on offense? Fun times.

I’m fine with re-signing a core special teams player and great locker room guy who can play offensive snaps in a pinch, but I’ve given up thinking he’ll ever be more than that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, BillsDiehard said:

We freed up cap space to resign a special teamer!? We love retreads! How about we take that and apply it to signing a decent O-lineman? Geez!

Free agency hasn’t even started yet. You do understand we could still try and do that right?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think we can be upset at the likely notion......due to the timing of the signing............that he got more than league minimum...........which, like with Siran Neal last week, will cut into what they can spend.

The reason why Beane has himself in worse cap shape than when he inherited the team..........despite a QB technically still on his rookie deal..........is a high volume of overpays.    

Be it the Star Lotulelei or Trent Murphy type contracts or the mountain of $6M-$3M aav deals for veteran backups and role players.  

Sure. Just make no mention whatsoever of the cap being lowered by $20M due to COVID. That has nothing to do with it 🙄

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They need to rely more on their scouting and draft to fill ST and backup roles and use their cap to add a difference maker or two.

If they aren't going to be willing to kick cap hits down the road...........as Beane has indicated they won't(we'll see)............then they need to be more frugal with the role players.

I don't mind the Kumerow signing, but I would agree that with Neal/Kumerow, it's a legit argument to wonder why Matakevich/Jones are still on the roster.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.