Bills don’t need a number 2 receiver

BuffBills51

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

If we could get another Beasley, I would be very happy to have that as the slot receiver.    

Kirk, yes he adds dynamism and would certainly represent an upgrade at this juncture in Beasley's career, but having someone who knows how to be a trusted receiver to make big catches in big moments and move the sticks the way Beasley has done over the past few years has been tremendous for both Josh Allen's development and for the efficiency on our offense.

I guess my point is, I would just keep Beasley at whatever his salary is, unless I am making an upgrade. They gave him permission to seek a trade, that does not mean he can't be on the roster this year. So if the upgrade is Crowder, I would just keep Beasley. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, miss me with the Berrios and Andy Isabella obsessions. I don't get it.

Braxton Berrios

2020 55 Targets (114th) / 37 Receptions (113th) for a 67.3% catch percent. 394 yards (120th) with a 10.6 yards/reception and a long of 43 yards. 224 YAC. 3TDs. 

2021 65 Targets (87th) / 46 Receptions (84th) for a 70.8% catch percent. 431 yards (109th) with a 9.4 yards/reception and a long of 46 yards. 246 YAC. 2 TDs. 

I think people overrate Berrios based on his actual production. However, he will be going into his 4th year and has been improving. Watching the Jets, he was their best player on offense several games through the year. His stats based on his targets are comparable to 2021 Beasely. He seems like a player ready to step into a bigger role. 

I'd certainly be willing to bring him to compete for for the #3. 

14 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Braxton Berrios

2020 55 Targets (114th) / 37 Receptions (113th) for a 67.3% catch percent. 394 yards (120th) with a 10.6 yards/reception and a long of 43 yards. 224 YAC. 3TDs. 

2021 65 Targets (87th) / 46 Receptions (84th) for a 70.8% catch percent. 431 yards (109th) with a 9.4 yards/reception and a long of 46 yards. 246 YAC. 2 TDs. 

I think people overrate Berrios based on his actual production. However, he will be going into his 4th year and has been improving. Watching the Jets, he was their best player on offense several games through the year. His stats based on his targets are comparable to 2021 Beasely. He seems like a player ready to step into a bigger role. 

I'd certainly be willing to bring him to compete for for the #3. 

Berrios could possibly be signed for substantially less than Beasley. Maybe 4-5M range? The huge benefit besides being younger than Beas would be his value as a FT returner.  He led the NFL in combined returns last year. I'm not saying he'd be the perfect replacement for Cole, but it's an option. McKenzie's not guaranteed to re-sign and Stevenson is awful at returns. 

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

This is a passing offense that makes heavy use of multiple WR sets.  They need more than two that can play. 

I fully expect them to take a WR in the first two rounds plus another later on and they may sign a decent stopgap veteran as well. 

That’s what everyone is thinking 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Berrios could possibly be signed for substantially less than Beasley. Maybe 4-5M range? The huge benefit besides being younger than Beas would be his value as a FT returner.  He led the NFL in combined returns last year. I'm not saying he'd be the perfect replacement for Cole, but it's an option. McKenzie's not guaranteed to re-sign and Stevenson is awful at returns. 

Berrios made 2.25 million and seems to be looking for around $4.5 on a multi-year deal. I think he's just about the ideal person for the Bills to bring in for the 3rd receiver and any special teams role he can fill. He Hodgins, Stevenson and a rookie drafted somewhere can go at it. 

i dont mean this to be a personal shot at all.... but there is still so much loser mentality in this fan base from the 2000s despair. gabes good and thats awesome... but were trying to win a super bowl. were a pass first team. adding another beast wr would have a synergistic effect where 1 + 1 = 10.  this aint ralphs bills, lets get as absolutely dangerous as we can on offense!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

i dont mean this to be a personal shot at all.... but there is still so much loser mentality in this fan base from the 2000s despair. gabes good and thats awesome... but were trying to win a super bowl. were a pass first team. adding another beast wr would have a synergistic effect where 1 + 1 = 10.  this aint ralphs bills, lets get as absolutely dangerous as we can on offense!!!!!!!!!

Getting another weapon for Allen on offense is great but they still have to fix the defense. They got shredded by every good offense/QB they faced. That has to change next season.

18 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Break it down by targets. With Beasley, Sanders, and Mckenzie gone that opens up 210 targets if we use last year.

Let's say Davis is WR2 and eats up 50 of those remaining targets. That puts him around 115 targets next year. 

Knox could eat up another 25 targets putting him around 100 targets next season.

That still leaves 135 targets! You see my point. We're a passing offense. We have a lot of targets to go around. 

Targets do not matter when you have a QB like JA that finds the targets one way or another on extended plays. we need depth at this point in this position and find higher end players for the lines, maybe ILB or CB

The Bills WR situation is not a surprise. Everyone has know for months that both Sanders and Beasley were gone. I’d like them to re-sign McKenzie, he’s a good player, good locker room guy (comic relief) and don’t think he would be expensive. Bean and McDermott will upgrade and I don’t think it will be hard. Guys want to play for the Bills, WR want to play with Josh.  I am not worried about this. The Bills WR hierarchy is Diggs and everyone else, last year different guys stepped up at different times in different games. 

Both him & Bease would have had more receptions if they hadn't brought in Sanders & i feel they would have been just a potent on offense then you mix in that McKenzie would have had more playing time & Hodgins would have been a bit lore developed too .

I agree but i think they will definitely need to get one of the better WR in the draft this year and start developing who ever that might be .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.