Bills don’t need a number 2 receiver

BuffBills51

I could be wrong but I think the Bills have a guy ready to completely breakout next year in Gabe Davis. I keep seeing the DK, the Kirk, and Lockhett threads. I agree they have done more up to this point in their careers but Davis has all the tools to be a high level number 2. Gabe’s last 6 game as a starter including the post season he had 26 catches and 8 touchdowns. 

He is only due to make around a million dollars next year which would be an extremely cheap number two receiver and give the Bills the flexibility to go after larger needs. I don’t see the Bills making any moves other than potentially picking up a slot guy this off season because we have our stud number 2 receiver. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffBills51 said:

I could be wrong but I think the Bills have a guy ready to completely breakout next year in Gabe Davis. I keep seeing the DK, the Kirk, and Lockhett threads. I agree they have done more up to this point in their careers but Davis has all the tools to be a high level number 2. Gabe’s last 6 game as a starter including the post season he had 26 catches and 8 touchdowns. 

He is only due to make around a million dollars next year which would be an extremely cheap number two receiver and give the Bills the flexibility to go after larger needs. I don’t see the Bills making any moves other than potentially picking up a slot guy this off season because we have our stud number 2 receiver. 

we ran a lot of 3-4 WR sets last season. Doubt that changes. Beasley and Sanders gone so we do need WRs

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

we ran a lot of 3-4 WR sets last season. Doubt that changes. Beasley and Sanders gone so we do need WRs

I agree but don’t see up spending a huge amount. Berrios from the Jets comes to mind as an option for the slot. 

Edited by BuffBills51
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffBills51 said:

Break it down by targets. With Beasley, Sanders, and Mckenzie gone that opens up 210 targets if we use last year.

Let's say Davis is WR2 and eats up 50 of those remaining targets. That puts him around 115 targets next year. 

Knox could eat up another 25 targets putting him around 100 targets next season.

That still leaves 135 targets! You see my point. We're a passing offense. We have a lot of targets to go around. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Break it down by targets. With Beasley, Sanders, and Mckenzie gone that opens up 210 targets if we use last year.

Let's say Davis is WR2 and eats up 50 of those remaining targets. That puts him around 115 targets next year. 

Knox could eat up another 25 targets putting him around 100 targets next season.

That still leaves 135 targets! You see my point. We're a passing offense. We have a lot of targets to go around. 

I think Davis is a 70-80 catch guy opposite of Diggs. I think the Bills will pick up a decent slot guy in the off-season. As I said Berrios comes to mind and Crowder. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffBills51 said:

I think Davis is a 70-80 catch guy opposite of Diggs. I think the Bills will pick up a decent slot guy in the off-season. As I said Berrios comes to mind and Crowder. 

Yes to berrios all day. He's going to actually get a Beasley like contract I believe, so not cheap. People will be surprised. I would do it based on what I think he'd be for us. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Kirk is going to get a bit more. He's played in a better offense. I like Kirk also.

I could see Kirk around 4 years $50 million. Berrios 4 years $32 million.

I just don’t think Berrios adds the electricity to the offense Kirk would. I’d much rather have Kirk for slightly more. 

Maybe Berrios come with CMC and the Culpo sisters. That would be cool. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

I just don’t think Berrios adds the electricity to the offense Kirk would. I’d much rather have Kirk for slightly more. 

Maybe Berrios come with CMC and the Culpo sisters. That would be cool. 

What is this obsession w/ Berrios? Dudes never even had a 500 yard season. Yeah yeah Jets and all, but come on. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Gronk, resign McKenzie, draft a WR in round 3 or 4; problem solved 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 1

Gabe Davis? I’ve heard of him……

We will be losing some important guys from the WR room this year. They need to be replaced with younger and hopefully cheaper options. We have Gabe Davis, one of the steals of that draft. Now we need more just like that, and probably a vet like John Brown, Beasley or Sanders. 

I think a better way to say it is we HAVE our #2 WR already.  And they need more. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

What is this obsession w/ Berrios? Dudes never even had a 500 yard season. Yeah yeah Jets and all, but come on. 

its ridiculous. ppl think bc hes small and white that hes the next welker/edelman/beasley.

hell hes not even on brandon stokleys level.

he stinks.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffBills51 said:

If he's our #2 then we need a #3. I mean, who's our #3 assuming Sanders is gone? Kumerow if we bring him back? Hodgins? Marquez Stevenson? You don't want those guys seeing more than a very few snaps unless one of them makes a huge leap, and you can't count on that.

No way to be sure either way but a WR pickup spending roughly Sanders money in FA or highish in the draft (on top of some move to bring in a slot guy) is very likely.

These rumors aren't denigrating Davis. He is doing a great job and is indeed improving a lot. It won't matter who is the #2 or #3. Davis looks to be a very good one.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, GETTOTHE50 said:

good for u jen

I mean if people just post stats yeah, he's nothing. He doesn't have the targets. He's kind of worked his up to the targets he gets. There's been other WR ahead of him, Crowder and then they drafted Moore. He's one of the best return men in the NFL. He's still growing as a WR. 

I would 100% sign Mckenzie 1st because he'll be cheaper and they do the same thing. But I think Berrios is going to be a top slot WR for some team next year.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.