Wentz traded to Washington

HappyDays

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Bro they literally came out and said he was effectively finished as a Colt. Try to not pat yourself on the back too hard with this “prediction.”

I said it on January 11th...before they said that.  Thanks for trying.

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

WTF...if I was Washington I would have made the Colts give me a 2nd round pick to take Wentz off their hands.

The fact they actually gave up 2 3rds is just ludicrous and an incredibly bad trade for a washed up has been QB. 

This is the type of trade that gets GMs fired.

We got a 3rd for Tyrod Taylor even though everyone knew we were going to pick a QB and cut him.

Is it WFT or WTF? Why would anybody take in that contract, much less actually give up picks for him?  Heineke was legitimately better than him last year and you had him for Pennies.  I would have understood signing Winston, Mariota, Trubiski etc, but why would you TRADE PICKS to pay Wentz 28M?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Is it WFT or WTF? Why would anybody take in that contract, much less actually give up picks for him?  Heineke was legitimately better than him last year and you had him for Pennies.  I would have understood signing Winston, Mariota, Trubiski etc, but why would you TRADE PICKS to pay Wentz 28M?

It'll always be WTF to me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, mannc said:

Absolutely amazing...some organizations are just mind-numbingly stupid.  Makes things life easier for the rest of the teams...

Ya Gotta just know that Snyder had something to do with this…, 

Rivera should have retired instead of working for that organization, it showed bad judgment taking that job, nothing Ron does is going to change anything there, and nothing changes with the WFT, until Snyder is gone. 

Edited by Don Otreply

7 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

But Snyder and his crew know more than all of us, right?

I honestly don’t think there is a single person who has believed that for the better part of a decade.

It must really suck to be a Washington fan.

10 hours ago, ganesh said:

We got a 3rd for Tyrod Taylor even though everyone knew we were going to pick a QB and cut him.

And was in fact the first pick in the third round.  But then we used it to trade up for Tremaine Edmunds…

Edited by mannc

Reich apologizes to Colts for Carson Wentz

https://sports.yahoo.com/frank-reich-reportedly-apologized-to-colts-ownership-for-vouching-for-carson-wentz-002956122.html

In the aftermath of the reported trade that sent quarterback Carson Wentz from the Colts to the Commanders on Wednesday, details emerged from what went on behind the scenes in Indianapolis. Among those details is a reported apology from head coach Frank Reich for vouching for Wentz in the first place.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.