Wentz traded to Washington

HappyDays

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Wentz must be a headache behind the scenes, because he isn’t a bad QB. Nearly had a 4-1 TD INT ratio this year and won 11 games. 

do you watch him....he's terrible. Defense and running game won 11

Edited by nucci

17 minutes ago, nucci said:

smart except what they gave up to get Wentz. All that and no playoffs or QB....and no 1st round pick this year. Let's not praise them too much

Every team makes mistakes, but at least they identified the problem quickly and got out from underneath it ASAP. Better than digging your heels in, refusing to acknowledge you effed up and take action.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, junior said:

Every team makes mistakes, but at least they identified the problem quickly and got out from underneath it ASAP. Better than digging your heels in, refusing to acknowledge you effed up and take action.

agree but it's bigger when it's a QB and you give up so much to get him

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Mitch gonna get paid.  

I think this too. Just days after Frank was o. With Brown & Tasker and said how ,unchanged he believed in wentz!  So even our righteous great guy Frank lied to his old teammate Tasker at the combine , again proving you can’t trust anyone in the NFL this time of year! Lol !  I think you put Mitch under Frank after a year of good coaching w Daboll etc, add Taylor’s run game , all that cap space , and this team ( the only team to eat us by double digits and thoroughly dominate us) is now a huge threat .  Add Wilson now with Denver , the Bengals improving , and we are not sure of making it past the divisional or afc championship game esp given all our coming changes.  Even Mcd said it’s much different being a coordinator ( compared to qb coach) in his own experience , and cautioned growing pains for our O as “ nothing beats experience “ for Dorsey.   It just keeps going back to that blown chance last year.

All I hear on podcasts, YouTube etc from our own die hard fans is how we are “ guaranteed to win a SB in the next three years “ , yet the competition is very high in the Afc and we still have not gotten past KC after two consecutive years trying. There are 16 qbs who got to the SB ONCE , Lost , and never made it back to the SB again ( and could be 17 if Burrow doesn’t make it back ) , just reinforcing how difficult it is to get there.  This is making this next couple of months extremely important in assessing how Beane can keep this roster improving because other teams are already making big moves; I mean Brady , Stafford, Manning all won Sb’s after switching teams so Wilson in the AFC just made things more challenging.   We have a few significant holes to fill , hopefully Beane isn’t forced because of the cap to repeat the mistake of last year by running it back without fixing our d line and CB issues that cost us against KC for the second straight year. FA and the draft are huge to get right this year , and I think we are in for a challenging year based on our roster and coaching changes and a much tougher schedule than last year.  If Mitch ends up with Frank , that just  makes it even more challenging because I think Frank is an excellent coach and his team physically pounded us ; adding a mobile QB coukd make Indy a terible matchup for us. 

28 minutes ago, SoTier said:

That's a possibility.   Somebody on NFL Now suggested that if they don't want to wait on seeing how Garoppalo comes out of his surgery.  The idea is that with their OL and running game, all they need is a game manager, and Trubisky is available.

Oh, I understood his concern. Frank Reich the QB whisperer (which I think is way overstated) and the colts loaded roster ready made for a QB, etc. I just think anyone relying on Trubisky to be the guy will be underwhelmed. Nothing against Mitch personally. He was the perfect backup QB for us. I hope he goes on and is successful somewhere as the starter, but I’m skeptical. But I don’t fear the Colts if that’s where he lands. 

Edited by TheProcess

17 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

I think this too. Just days after Frank was o. With Brown & Tasker and said how ,unchanged he believed in wentz!  So even our righteous great guy Frank lied to his old teammate Tasker at the combine , again proving you can’t trust anyone in the NFL this time of year! Lol !  I think you put Mitch under Frank after a year of good coaching w Daboll etc, add Taylor’s run game , all that cap space , and this team ( the only team to eat us by double digits and thoroughly dominate us) is now a huge threat .  Add Wilson now with Denver , the Bengals improving , and we are not sure of making it past the divisional or afc championship game esp given all our coming changes.  Even Mcd said it’s much different being a coordinator ( compared to qb coach) in his own experience , and cautioned growing pains for our O as “ nothing beats experience “ for Dorsey.   It just keeps going back to that blown chance last year.

All I hear on podcasts, YouTube etc from our own die hard fans is how we are “ guaranteed to win a SB in the next three years “ , yet the competition is very high in the Afc and we still have not gotten past KC after two consecutive years trying. There are 16 qbs who got to the SB ONCE , Lost , and never made it back to the SB again ( and could be 17 if Burrow doesn’t make it back ) , just reinforcing how difficult it is to get there.  This is making this next couple of months extremely important in assessing how Beane can keep this roster improving because other teams are already making big moves; I mean Brady , Stafford, Manning all won Sb’s after switching teams so Wilson in the AFC just made things more challenging.   We have a few significant holes to fill , hopefully Beane isn’t forced because of the cap to repeat the mistake of last year by running it back without fixing our d line and CB issues that cost us against KC for the second straight year. FA and the draft are huge to get right this year , and I think we are in for a challenging year based on our roster and coaching changes and a much tougher schedule than last year.  If Mitch ends up with Frank , that just  makes it even more challenging because I think Frank is an excellent coach and his team physically pounded us ; adding a mobile QB coukd make Indy a terible matchup for us. 

What I need after reading this...

tylenol pm sleeping GIF by Anthony Antonellis

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.