Seahawks going after Deshaun Watson

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

They'd be better off using the 1st round pick they got from Denver on Malik Wilson and then using the additional picks to build around him.

Malik Willis bumped his draft stock this past weekend. He won't make it to #9 now. He might not even make it out of the top 5. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

I still don't get the Watson hype even if you take away the all these allegations and his unprofessional attitude.

But good for Seattle if they want to piss away all the assets they just received in the Wilson deal on him and hope Watson enjoys rebuilding and playing in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL.

2 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

An upgrade on the field in my opinion and younger. A slimy move, but man that would be a steal for them.

The Seahawks would have to acquire Watson in a trade so it would be interesting to see how much of the haul from the Wilson trade is then spent on acquiring Watson.

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Watson is 26 (6 years younger than Wilson) and an undeniable talent. If he survives his legal issues and actually plays for the Seahawks, it could end up being a great reboot for both Watson and the Seahawks

As long as he stays away from the afce.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I still don't get the Watson hype even if you take away the all these allegations and his unprofessional attitude.

But good for Seattle if they want to piss away all the assets they just received in the Wilson deal on him and hope Watson enjoys rebuilding and playing in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL.

Really? He's a very good QB.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

The Seahawks would have to acquire Watson in a trade so it would be interesting to see how much of the haul from the Wilson trade is then spent on acquiring Watson.

Houston should take them for MORE.........Denver absolutely FLEECED Seattle for Watson.    

And the fact that all the teams that seem to be listed as destinations for Watson are in the NFC should only drive up the price.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Trade Wilson, who is a top 10 QB with a squeaky clean image, to go after a top 10 QB in Watson who is a degenerate and you aren't certain if he'll ever play again? Makes sense. 

Trade two 1st round picks for Jamal Adams..

..Seattle ain't the best at decisions..

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

From a talent/age perspective... Watson >>> Russ

If this happens, good.. Finally get a good QB over to the NFC to compete with cakewalk Rodgers.

Although, we saw Kyler look incompetent at times without Hopkins.  In the one year post-Hopkins in Houston, Watson didn't exactly look very good - He put up most of his numbers in garbage time. 

Currently the Seahawks have DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett, a great 1-2 punch at WR and just added a solid TE in Noah Fant. I think those options are probably as good, if not better than when Watson had Hopkins and an often injured will fuller.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

Really? He's a very good QB.

Not saying he terrible but I see him more as a Jay Cutler type...can put up big numbers and fill the stat sheet but wilts  under pressure and against good teams.

In fact his only career playoff win came against our very own Bills in a few years ago in a game we also probably should should have won.

Still think any team that gives up a lot in a trade is stupid though since Watson essentially quit on his current team and big time extension he signed.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

As someone on Twitter said…

In terms of how this all affects the Bills and the AFC: if it turns out the AFC ultimately ships out a 26 year old Deshaun Watson and gets back a 34 year old Russell Wilson — who gets put into the meat grinder AFC West — that’s a net win for Buffalo and its yearly chances at the #1 seed.

• Like (+1) 5

25 minutes ago, Logic said:

As someone on Twitter said…

In terms of how this all affects the Bills and the AFC: if it turns out the AFC ultimately ships out a 26 year old Deshaun Watson and gets back a 34 year old Russell Wilson — who gets put into the meat grinder AFC West — that’s a net win for Buffalo and its yearly chances at the #1 seed.

Maybe long term, but I’d have to disagree in the short term. The Texans are more than a QB away from being a good team, but the broncos were average with bad QB play. Adding a top 10 QB to a solid roster in the AFC doesn’t help the bills chances… unless you are counting on the rest of the AFC west having worse records due to adding Wilson in division.

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Did he really?  At 4-12?

Yes you can spin it that way.

You are what your record says you are, especially for a QB in a QB driven league.  The Texans won exactly as many games with Davis Mills/Tyrod Taylor as they did the year before with Deshaun Watson with JJ Watt.  Simple undeniable facts.

What does a team's record have to do with what kind of a year Deshaun Watson had?  If anything, it makes an even better point about what a great year Watson had in spite of the crap that surrounded him.  Kind of like Joe Thomas or Calvin Johnson.  And it certainly didn't all mostly come in garbage time, which was an absurd comment that provoked my response in the first place.

The Texans were 4-12 with Watson, who killed it in 2020.  He also had them more than competitive in at least 12 of 16 games.  He, as in his own performance, was outstanding, and that is well documented by many sports people.  Some of which said it may have been his greatest season in his young career considering who the Texans surrounded him with.

Below is just one of several articles that realize how good this QB is, and was in 2020.  This isn't even questionable.

Top 10 players on losing teams - Watson #1

Edited by Lv-Bills
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

NFL Network - Rapoport/Pelissero are reporting the Panthers and the Bucs are going to pursue Watson 

Going to be a bidding war for him.  I wonder if that means his legal issues are closed to being resolved without much damage to him?

And those are all NFC teams.  Good.

4 hours ago, teef said:

i think i heard that watson's case will go in front of a grand jury this friday.  i'm not sure how long after his issues could be resolved, but i assume it's a big step.

Maybe you can watch for us since you don’t work Fridays.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.