List of draft players Bills have met with

Pete

On 4/6/2022 at 5:57 PM, ganesh said:

The Bills just invested in O.J. Howard and also have Knox as an incumbent. 

OJ Howard on a 1 year deal.  Knox future here is uncertain.  The better Knox does, the more expensive keeping him will be after this season.  With the big money being shelled out Allen, Miller, Diggs, White, and others extensions...and more contracts coming due for Poyer, Edmunds, Oliver, Knox, Devin, Davis, etc...we are not going to be able to keep everyone.  Who gets kept and who leaves in FA or gets traded before that are all a mystery today.  

So I don't think its out of the question they could take a TE, although I am skeptical they would take one early THIS year given we are set with OJ and Knox this season with bigger needs or positions that are a lot thinner on the depth chart.  Just saying its not impossible if they are concerned about being able to afford to keep Knox after this season.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/6/2022 at 4:01 PM, gonzo1105 said:
Booth, who is a perfect fit, met with the Bills recently

He also met with them at the combine.    Slated to go right around their #25 pick, so someone certainly to keep an eye on.    However, the scouting reports I've seen say he's a better fit in man than zone schemes.

9 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

2nd tier CB prob round 2 

This guy's intriguing.  Sounds like a clone of Levi Wallace.

Per Dane Brugler (The Athletic):

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at Mississippi State, Emerson was the left cornerback in defensive coordinator Zach Arnett’s man-and-zone scheme. Despite a mediocre college résumé (never earned All-SEC honors and logged only one interception), he was consistently one of the top coverage players in the SEC during the last two seasons.

Emerson is a good-sized athlete with the length (33 1/2" arms!), toughness and coverage awareness that will translate well to the next level. While he can jam and be disruptive from press, he lacks ideal pedal fluidity and change of direction in man coverage, struggling to make up the lost steps when overaggressive. Overall, Emerson lacks quick-twitch athleticism and functional play strength, but he shows a natural feel for spacing and disruption in zone coverage. He has NFL starting potential, ideally suited in a Cover-2 or Cover-3 scheme.

GRADE: 5th Round

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/5/2022 at 9:21 PM, HappyDays said:

Cine is a real sleeper candidate for the Bills Round 2 pick.    He's great against the run and could be Poyer's replacement next year.

STRENGTHS: Rangy with the stride speed to cover a lot of grass … has the top gear to cover over the top … smooth-hipped and transfers weight cleanly to change direction mid-pedal … feels routes coming and shows a natural feel for coverage angles (only one touchdown pass allowed) … triggers downhill in zone and closes with short-area burst … highly physical and strokes ball carriers across the middle of the field … widens his feet at contact and keeps his hands extended as a tackler … understands timing and committed only one penalty in 2021 (pass interference vs. Florida) … executes situational football and takes coaching well (head coach Kirby Smart: “When you design a safety, he’s got all the qualities … he’s really been a student of the game.”) … production improved each season … durable and played in all 39 games the past three seasons.

SUMMARY:  With his range, explosiveness and appetite for contact, Cine is a do-everything safety and led a talent-rich Georgia defense in both tackles and passes defended in 2021. Although he has room to tidy up his tackling technique, he is at his best as a physical run defender, running the alley like a freight train and tuning up his target. Overall, Cine lacks ideal size by NFL standards and has marginal ball skills, but he is an enforcer vs. the run with the athleticism in coverage to make plays. He is an ascending talent with NFL starting skills, similar to Xavier McKinney as a prospect.

GRADE: 1st-2nd Round (No. 33 overall)

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Shake_My_Head said:

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at Mississippi State, Emerson was the left cornerback in defensive coordinator Zach Arnett’s man-and-zone scheme. Despite a mediocre college résumé (never earned All-SEC honors and logged only one interception), he was consistently one of the top coverage players in the SEC during the last two seasons.

Emerson is a good-sized athlete with the length (33 1/2" arms!), toughness and coverage awareness that will translate well to the next level. While he can jam and be disruptive from press, he lacks ideal pedal fluidity and change of direction in man coverage, struggling to make up the lost steps when overaggressive. Overall, Emerson lacks quick-twitch athleticism and functional play strength, but he shows a natural feel for spacing and disruption in zone coverage. He has NFL starting potential, ideally suited in a Cover-2 or Cover-3 scheme.

Emerson isn’t a round 5 guy. He’s at the latest going round 3 pending injury history 

• Agree 2

Did we already have Booth mentioned?

15 hours ago, Airseven said:

Any chance the opening post can be continually updated? Or perhaps a new thread with an updated, comprehensive list?? This is all good stuff.

I’m not the OP so can’t edit but here is a tracker on Bills top 30 visits 

5 hours ago, Shake_My_Head said:

I think Emerson will go earlier than 5th, but most reports I’ve seen have similar criticisms of his speed and quickness and that is a big concern at CB.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/8/2022 at 6:27 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

OJ Howard on a 1 year deal.  Knox future here is uncertain.  The better Knox does, the more expensive keeping him will be after this season.  With the big money being shelled out Allen, Miller, Diggs, White, and others extensions...and more contracts coming due for Poyer, Edmunds, Oliver, Knox, Devin, Davis, etc...we are not going to be able to keep everyone.  Who gets kept and who leaves in FA or gets traded before that are all a mystery today.  

So I don't think its out of the question they could take a TE, although I am skeptical they would take one early THIS year given we are set with OJ and Knox this season with bigger needs or positions that are a lot thinner on the depth chart.  Just saying its not impossible if they are concerned about being able to afford to keep Knox after this season.  

They will draft a tight end somewhere. Sweeney (even if he survives the season) would be a FA in 2023 as well. They have zero tight ends under contract for next year. I expect one between the 3rd and the 5th round. 

50 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Another interior OL guy. 

Buffalo Bills

Malik Willis - QB Liberty

Cam Jurgens - C/G Nebraska

Logan Bruss - C/G Wisconsin
Zion Johnson - C/G Boston College
Lecitus Smith - G Virginia Tech
Dohnovan West - C/G Arizona State
Kenyon Green - C/G Texas A&M

Scott Rhyan-IOL

Nicholas Petiti-Frere -OT

Max Borghi - RB Washington State
Rachaad White - RB Arizona State

Isiah Spiller-RB

James Cook-RB Bufalo

Cade Otton - TE Washington

Isaiah Likely TE

Jameson Williams- WR Bama
Treylon Burks - WR Arkansas
Garrett Wilson - WR OSU
Chris Olave - WR OSU
John Metchie III - WR Bama

Cole Turner WR

Jordan Davis - DT Georgia
Perrion Winfrey - DT Oklahoma
Phidarian Mathis - DT Bama

Arnold Ebiketie - DE

Brandon Smith - LB PSU
Darrian Beavers - LB Cincinnati

D'Marco Jackson LB

Josh Thompson - CB Texas (Senior Bowl)
Roger McCreary - CB Auburn
Trent McDuffie - CB - Washington
Kaiir Elam - CB Florida
Kyler Gordon - CB Washington
Andrew Booth - CB Clemson

Martin Emerson CB

Jaquan Brisker - S - PSU

Kyle Hamilton- S

Lewis Cines-S

Nick Cross-  S

Matt Araiza -  P San Diego State

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As for the top 30 guys that have been confirmed: 

RB James Cook Georgia 

OT Nicholas Petite-Frere Ohio State

TE Cade Otten Washington

RB Isaiah Spiller Texas A&M

TE Isaiah Likely Coastal Carolina

SAF Nick Cross Maryland 

SAF Lewis Cine Georgia 

CB Andrew Booth Clemson

CB Martin Emerson Miss State

OL Sean Rhyan UCLA 

RB Kevin Marks Buffalo(Doesn’t count)

10 out of 30. Yes theirs private meetings, workouts etc but that doesn’t mean they were brought in to a 30 visit

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They will draft a tight end somewhere. Sweeney (even if he survives the season) would be a FA in 2023 as well. They have zero tight ends under contract for next year. I expect one between the 3rd and the 5th round. 

Another interior OL guy. 

Oh yeah, TE is def a possibility, I was just referencing we wouldn’t take one early at like 25 as someone else suggested 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Buffalo Bills

Malik Willis - QB Liberty

Cam Jurgens - C/G Nebraska

Logan Bruss - C/G Wisconsin
Zion Johnson - C/G Boston College
Lecitus Smith - G Virginia Tech
Dohnovan West - C/G Arizona State
Kenyon Green - C/G Texas A&M

Scott Rhyan-IOL

Nicholas Petiti-Frere -OT

Max Borghi - RB Washington State
Rachaad White - RB Arizona State

Isiah Spiller-RB

James Cook-RB Bufalo

Cade Otton - TE Washington

Isaiah Likely TE

Jameson Williams- WR Bama
Treylon Burks - WR Arkansas
Garrett Wilson - WR OSU
Chris Olave - WR OSU
John Metchie III - WR Bama

Cole Turner WR

Jordan Davis - DT Georgia
Perrion Winfrey - DT Oklahoma
Phidarian Mathis - DT Bama

Arnold Ebiketie - DE

Brandon Smith - LB PSU
Darrian Beavers - LB Cincinnati

D'Marco Jackson LB

Josh Thompson - CB Texas (Senior Bowl)
Trent McDuffie - CB - Washington
Kaiir Elam - CB Florida
Kyler Gordon - CB Washington
Andrew Booth - CB Clemson

Martin Emerson CB

Jaquan Brisker - S - PSU

Kyle Hamilton- S

Lewis Cines-S

Nick Cross-  S

Matt Araiza -  P San Diego State

They also met with Troy Anderson, LB.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Shake_My_Head said:

He also met with them at the combine.    Slated to go right around their #25 pick, so someone certainly to keep an eye on.    However, the scouting reports I've seen say he's a better fit in man than zone schemes.

I’ve seen a scouting report that states he doesn’t have good recovery speed. That means once he’s burnt, he stays burnt. Not exactly something that makes me feel warm and fuzzy with receivers like waddle and hill in the division. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Like him a lot. No idea what the consensus is on him but I gave him a mid 4th. 

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

As for the top 30 guys that have been confirmed: 

RB James Cook Georgia 

OT Nicholas Petite-Frere Ohio State

TE Cade Otten Washington

RB Isaiah Spiller Texas A&M

TE Isaiah Likely Coastal Carolina

SAF Nick Cross Maryland 

SAF Lewis Cine Georgia 

CB Andrew Booth Clemson

CB Martin Emerson Miss State

OL Sean Rhyan UCLA 

I dislike Isaiah Spiller as a prospect and Isaiah Likely doesn't do much for me.... but otherwise I like that list. Need some receivers on there but a lot of those guys are guys I think are fits for Buffalo. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.