List of draft players Bills have met with

Pete

14 minutes ago, Logic said:

Starting to see these 2nd/3rd round OT visits pile up. I know teams visit with lots of players at lots of positions, but you sort of wonder if OT could be a sneaky pick this draft. Spencer Brown was good most of the time, but not SO good that Beane would definitely say "we're all set at tackle!", ESPECIALLY with only unproven depth in Tommy Doyle behind Dawkins and Brown.

Lots of college OTs become OGs in the NFL. I'm sure any tackles they're considering could also potentially play guard.

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, 947 said:

Lots of college OTs become OGs in the NFL. I'm sure any tackles they're considering could also potentially play guard.

The Bills O line is a roster of college left tackles. I love the approach.

Dawkins, Saffold, Morse, Bates, Doyle were all excellent college left tackles. Brown played RT because of the presence of Penning, but otherwise he would have played there as well. Ike Boettger was a RT. Greg Mancz played tackle and guard. Cody Ford played RT. Even Jacob Capra played guard and tackle. Going backwards Daryll Williams was a RT and Jon Feliciano played guard and tackle. Freakin Vlad Ducasse was a college left tackle. Quintin Spain played a ton of left tackle at WV until moving to guard. Wyatt Teller was a defensive end who moved to tackle then guard. 

It makes sense to draft guys who played the most difficult, elite position on the line and convert them to other positions. I like the approach as opposed to drafting pure IOL. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The Bills O line is a roster of college left tackles. I love the approach.

Dawkins, Saffold, Morse, Bates, Doyle were all excellent college left tackles. Brown played RT because of the presence of Penning, but otherwise he would have played there as well. Ike Boettger was a RT. Greg Mancz played tackle and guard. Cody Ford played RT. Even Jacob Capra played guard and tackle. Going backwards Daryll Williams was a RT and Jon Feliciano played guard and tackle. Freakin Vlad Ducasse was a college left tackle. Quintin Spain played a ton of left tackle at WV until moving to guard. Wyatt Teller was a defensive end who moved to tackle then guard. 

It makes sense to draft guys who played the most difficult, elite position on the line and convert them to other positions. I like the approach as opposed to drafting pure IOL. 

NPF was a 5 star recruit, #1 OT in the country in the 2018 class. I do think he’s an NFL OT. Ohio state stuck anyone and everyone, all the tackles, at guard …except him. We will see what happens at the next level but I feel like he’s going to be drafted as someone’s LT of the future.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I liked singletary in the 3rd round. Good pick imo. 

Singletary has had his moments. 

Moss, Chris Ivory, Frank Gore, TJ Yeldon, Matt Breida have been forgettable additions. Granted we have not spent a ton of capital on RBs in his era. 

Spiller to me would not be a very good pick, my concern being that he has fumbled 8 times on 615 touches over 3 years. The rest of his game is not special, kind of average all around imo.

On 3/9/2022 at 8:09 AM, JayBaller10 said:

Great to see so many interior OL players though.

On 3/9/2022 at 9:22 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

I re-sorted by position and quantity. Not surprising, C/G and CB lead the way, with WR not too far behind. And DT getting a little love too.

Cam Jurgens - C/G Nebraska
Logan Bruss - C/G Wisconsin
Zion Johnson - C/G Boston College
Lecitus Smith - G Virginia Tech
Dohnovan West - C/G Arizona State
Kenyon Green - C/G Texas A&M

On 3/9/2022 at 10:46 AM, Rockinon said:

Lot of C/G in that list.

Is it not a bit odd that the Bills have not spoken with Tyler Linderbaum?

He's the consensus best C in this draft.

56 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Is it not a bit odd that the Bills have not spoken with Tyler Linderbaum?

He's the consensus best C in this draft.

It could be that they are hiding their interest, or maybe they aren’t interested. Linderbaum can play guard but doesn’t have the same level versatility as those other guys. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.