Bills release A.J. Klein, $5.1m in Cap Savings

Big Turk

• Big Turk changed the title to Bills release A.J. Klein, $5.1m in Cap Savings
1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'm so behind.  Didn't realize the Bills were over.

I think 6 or 7 million due to escalators hit from last year that are kicking in for players. Now only about 2 million over.

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

At this point, just trying to get under the cap. Still over it.

I don’t think it means what you think it means to be over cap. Teams are over the cap every year and make huge moves in free agency. Beane’s got everything covered, don’t worry yourself. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, FireChans said:

Wow, here I thought the Big Turk was only good for Mexican Football League news.

Hey now...I posted the Calvin Ridley news!

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I don’t think it means what you think it means to be over cap. Teams are over the cap every year and make huge moves in free agency. Beane’s got everything covered, don’t worry yourself. 

Oh for sure...but they still have to be under it by the start of the league year in a few weeks if they don't want to face penalties.  Not like the Saints, Packers or Cowboys that are hugely over it.

10 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I like Klein but he is replaceable. I'm hoping they can let Hughes go or trade him. Imho, his better playing days are over. Not sure how he figures into the Bills cap. 

Hughes is a free agent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I like Klein but he is replaceable. I'm hoping they can let Hughes go or trade him. Imho, his better playing days are over. Not sure how he figures into the Bills cap. 

Hughes is a FA....no trading a FA.  He is free to do what he wants as the Bills are free to pursue him if they want.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon locked this topic