Tyler Lockett is available for trade

HappyDays

3 hours ago, ganesh said:

I don't think the BIlls are looking only for a slot receiver.   Diggs can very easily move to the slot and anyways I expect the Bills to move their WR around,

I think Marquez Valdes-Scantling is in play if he hits the market (likely after Rodgers extension and Adams franchised). This staff had MVS in for a private workout before the draft, he’d be a cheaper option if available, 6’4 with a 4.37 40 time, and he’s a solid blocker with experience in each WR position. McB &co seem to like revisiting guys in FA that they scouted coming out. Lockett certainly fits the mold of what this offense looked for under Daboll, but MVS adds a speed/size/blocking element that isn’t on the roster right now. Plus…. He and McKenzie combined would cost less than some of the other options like Lockett. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

This doesn’t move the needle for me.  

Id, like most, be on board trading for DK.  

I understand how much money we’d have tied up in Diggs/DK long term, but I just do not see how anyone stops a passing attack of Diggs-Metcalf-Davis-Knox as long as we stay focused on protecting Josh with a strong OL.  

It will require sacrificing investment at positions like say.. RB/DL rotation, but it’s worth it IMO 

Where are those three lining up? You using Davis as a big slot? Moving Diggs in there full time? DK brings speed but it is very much straight line speed. If the Bills traded for him he takes snaps off Davis IMO rather than the three of them on the field together. 

People are certainly not crazy for suggesting Lockett might be a better fit. 

14 hours ago, Rigotz said:

Where are you getting those numbers? Spotrac has it completely different.

I forgot the roster bonuses but the final 2 years would likely not play out as they are written anyway.  We'd only pay the base salary and roster bonuses on the contract and only 2022 is guaranteed so to me its

2022- 3M (guarnateed)

2023 - 9.7M

2024 - 15.3M with 1.6M roster bonus

2025 - 15.3M with 1.6M roster bonus

I went to over the cap to check and they call it a "per game roster bonus" - or option bonus of 13M.  The notes say its due in 2022 if hes on the roster i guess?  I'd imagine anyone acquirinig him would want SEA to eat that though. From Overthecap: Lockett receives a $19 million signing bonus and salary guarantees in 2021 and 2022. Locket is also due a $13 million option bonus in 2022.

I understood it to be a deferred signing bonus but who the hell knows.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Depends what their 2022 plan is.  Be terrible and get the cap right/start over, or try and rebuild on the fly.  

Buffalo traded... watkins for a 2nd basically.  Similar situations in walk years.  Would think they'd want that or more for Metcalf, which is a bit rich for a rental.  

Lockett probably costs less, and fronts the cap burden this year.  If you don't plan to have all the pieces until 2024, why keep the guy who you're going to get rid of in 2024?

Edited by dneveu

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.