Tyler Lockett is available for trade

HappyDays

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I love Lockett, but he can’t stay healthy and really fell off. Yes, so did DK and now Russ is being traded.  Regardless, something was very off and I don’t know who was to blame.  There’s enough unknown to where I don’t know how much I’d give up for a question mark 

DK = 75 for 967yds 12 touchdowns is falling off these days?

Edited by streetkings01
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Lol. Two SB appearances and a win. What is your definition of competent? 

I agree. Lockets contract is an albatross. Metcalf could be had on his current deal and you can figure out the long term plan at WR later.

Lockets deal is actually not that bad

You'd be getting him for 4 years 43.3M with 3M (2022 guaranteed salary).  After the 3M salary in year 1, the cap hits are 9.7, 15.3, 15.3.  Even for 2yr 12.7 thats a bargain - and you can either restructure in year 3 or cut him.  

2 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

DK = 75 for 967yds 12 touchdowns is falling off these days?

Lockett did 73 for 1175 and 8 TDs...  He also did that on 22 fewer targets....

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

You'd be getting him for 4 years 43.3M with 3M (2022 guaranteed salary).  After the 3M salary in year 1, the cap hits are 9.7, 15.3, 15.3.  Even for 2yr 12.7 thats a bargain - and you can either restructure in year 3 or cut him.  

Yea I’m not sure what that guy was talking about …..he really needs to just delete his post.

16 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Am I wrong?  I had him in fantasy the past two seasons and it was a roller coaster of performance. I feel like he had some huge games, but was questionable and gap games. 

Yes. You said he can't stay healthy which is 100% false and also said he's fallen off when he's coming off a career high in yards and 3 straight thousand yard seasons. Fantasy football has no effect on actual football.

26 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Lol. Two SB appearances and a win. What is your definition of competent? 

Look at their personnel moves since 2015. It is a littany of disaster. They were awesome the first few years of Pete. I am increasingly convinced that is because Pete knew the guys he had recruited. 

But only Houston have been worse in the last 5 or 6 years in terms of personnel. 

15 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Thank you. I stand corrected. I was looking at the cap hits Seattle would incur but you are correct Buffalo's cap hits would be less. Still pricey for #2 WR and he will be 30 this year. I'd prefer Metcalf and the ability to sign him and Diggs to extensions. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Look at their personnel moves since 2015. It is a littany of disaster. They were awesome the first few years of Pete. I am increasingly convinced that is because Pete knew the guys he had recruited. 

But only Houston have been worse in the last 5 or 6 years in terms of personnel. 

You are correct on this time period. I cant defend their moves because you are correct they have been terrible lately. All started with trading away Max Unger and some really poor first round picks.  

18 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Thank you. I stand corrected. I was looking at the cap hits Seattle would incur but you are correct Buffalo's cap hits would be less. Still pricey for #2 WR and he will be 30 this year. I'd prefer Metcalf and the ability to sign him and Diggs to extensions. 

You are correct on this time period. I cant defend their moves because you are correct they have been terrible lately. All started with trading away Max Unger and some really poor first round picks.  

I think the issue is both Metcalf and diggs would both need extensions - and davis isn't far behind.  I don't disagree with getting younger at the position - but if you can get that 2 year lockett deal (maybe 3 with a void in year 4) you get 3 prime years of a top level #2 WR with fairly reasonable cap hits and 0 risk.

47 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

According to this article 73% of his targets in 2020 came from the slot:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/projection-points/2021/tyler-lockett-tyreek-hill-and-many-uses-slot-receivers

Interesting article. The chart shows that Cole Beasley was in the slot 94% of the time and Stephon Diggs 51% of the time. I remember seeing an article that the Bills want receivers that can play both in the slot and out wide. The passing concepts seem to be pretty good on this team. Josh's new QB coach, Joe Brady is supposed to be great at drawing up passing plays too. I like the direction things are moving and can hardly wait to see who is added to the WR room. Personally I think our smartest move is to find help in the draft, but Locket would be a pretty nice move too. Beasley, McKenzie and Diggs have been very successful out of the slot. No reason I can think of why another slot WR wouldn't be successful too. Having a QB that can throw anywhere on the field really is fun too.

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

Where are you getting those numbers? Spotrac has it completely different.

4 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

not against grabbing Lockett,  can he play the slot?

I don't think the BIlls are looking only for a slot receiver.   Diggs can very easily move to the slot and anyways I expect the Bills to move their WR around,

This doesn’t move the needle for me.  

Id, like most, be on board trading for DK.  

I understand how much money we’d have tied up in Diggs/DK long term, but I just do not see how anyone stops a passing attack of Diggs-Metcalf-Davis-Knox as long as we stay focused on protecting Josh with a strong OL.  

It will require sacrificing investment at positions like say.. RB/DL rotation, but it’s worth it IMO 

Edited by SCBills

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

Am I wrong?  I had him in fantasy the past two seasons and it was a roller coaster of performance. I feel like he had some huge games, but was questionable and gap games. 

I think you're confusing real football with fantasy football.

Cole Beasley was never a huge fantasy draw, but he was valuable towards making the Bills a contender in the real world. Lockett's contribution would be even better, in my opinion.

6 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

Having Geno Smith as your QB for several weeks probably has something to do with that. 

Probably has nothing to do with Starting Geno Smith at QB.

This is what I was going to say. Russel Wilson was hurt for a bunch of games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.