Tyler Lockett is available for trade

HappyDays

He’d be great

1 minute ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

Saw someone else mention Seattle would take on 30M in dead cap. If so this isn’t happening. I wouldn’t be mad though

30M in dead cap in the season where they traded away their best player ever…..no big deal.  Take their lumps and cap hits this season and retool

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Fun fact - the value of the Russell Wilson trade is enough to cover Jamal Adams and Jordyn Brooks with maybe a 3rd rounder thrown in.

LJ Collier feels left out. Who? Yes. That is NFL Draft first rounder, LJ Collier. 

I always enjoy Schneider going on the clock. I like seeing how far down my draftboard I have to scroll. 

• Haha (+1) 7

I love Lockett, but he can’t stay healthy and really fell off. Yes, so did DK and now Russ is being traded.  Regardless, something was very off and I don’t know who was to blame.  There’s enough unknown to where I don’t know how much I’d give up for a question mark 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I love Lockett, but he can’t stay healthy and really fell off. Yes, so did DK and now Russ is being traded.  Regardless, something was very off and I don’t know who was to blame.  There’s enough unknown to where I don’t know how much I’d give up for a question mark 

Don't say this in the "Go get Metcalf" thread.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, hjnick said:

Lockett is great! He would be a great pickup for the right price.  No more than a 4th though. Too many good players in this draft to give up a 1-3rd for him.

After 3 consecutive 1000+ yard seasons, plus all the dead cap they have to eat to trade him, I doubt it's happening for less than a 2nd.

The reason I support it is I doubt there will be many good WRs left where we pick at #57. Lockett has played a high percentage of snaps out of the slot over the last couple years, so that immediately fills a need for us.

9 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Can the Bills make moves or trades while still being in negative cap? Or does Beane have to clear that up first with restructures? 

No move is executed until the first day of the NFL league year (March 16). By then every team has to be cap compliant including any trade that they would be completing on that day.  Until then all trades that you're hearing about are agreed to in principle, but not yet executed.  For example, Wilson can't report to the Bronco facility yet

Edited by cage
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Having Geno Smith as your QB for several weeks probably has something to do with that. 

20 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Don't say this in the "Go get Metcalf" thread.

Probably has nothing to do with Starting Geno Smith at QB.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Virgil said:

He's missed one game since 2016 and just had a career high in yards this year. We're just making stuff up now?

Edited by gobills404
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

He's missed one game since 2016 and just had a career high in yards this year. We're just making stuff up now?

Am I wrong?  I had him in fantasy the past two seasons and it was a roller coaster of performance. I feel like he had some huge games, but was questionable and gap games. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Except this is the Seahawks. They are incompetent. 

Lol. Two SB appearances and a win. What is your definition of competent? 

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Would rather have Metcalf. 

I agree. Lockets contract is an albatross. Metcalf could be had on his current deal and you can figure out the long term plan at WR later.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.