Chandler Jones, Jordan Davis, DK Metcalfe, maybe Gronk

Ghs24mike

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

After listening to One Bills Live, today, I don’t think we are getting any of these guys...

The way the guys described it made it sound like we need to clear $20 million in cap space just to break even- given the $6 million we are over the cap, the $8 million for draft picks, and the $5 million buffer we will need throughout the season, just in case...

...Yada Yada Yada- something tells me we are going to be in for a bunch of comp picks next year...

Go watch Cover1's offseason cap special. We can get to 26M in cap space relatively easily

28 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Actually Ertz is a FA.  Spotrac puts him at a reasonable &7.6M.  I'd rather have Gronk but now Spotrac raised Gronk's estimate up to $9.5M. 

With Geiski, Schultz, and Njoku (what is Cleveland doing?) all getting franchised for $10.8M the market for TEs is heated.  I hope Gronk will still honor his home town discount.

In my opinion, wherever Gronk wants to play next season, he’ll do so at a reasonable price but with a higher level goal of being on a Super Bowl contender.  I’m crossing the fingers that he’d do so with us.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

Because a 1st next year when there will be better draft options a qb, would be better then a 1st this year in my opinion. The Seahawks without Wilson in that division could be in line for a top 5 pick next year.

Then add 2 more 1s and 2 more 2nds and that sounds like a nice start to a rebuild. 

Yeah no. There is no way you are getting Metcalf for a 2023 1st.

7 hours ago, Process said:

We were the best team in the league last year and should have won the Superbowl if it weren't for coaching errors. 

We are the Superbowl favorites... literally...right now....

No, we don't need to add Jones, Metcalf and Gronk to have a chance. 

This place is becoming unbearable.

if you are not getting better you are getting worse.

2 minutes ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

What do you think it would cost? He wad a second round pick and walks after next year. A 1st next year is good value

Walks unless they franchise tag or extend him.

No less than a first this year. He has performed like a first round pick.

If they are trading next year's picks would likely at least be a first and a third.

9 minutes ago, cba fan said:

if you are not getting better you are getting worse.

The Bills will be getting better. 

They are not trading a first for Metcalf, signing Chandler Jones, signing Rob Gronkowski, trading back up into the first for a DT, and trading up again for a CB. 

Lol.

Edited by Process

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

What makes you think the Seahawks would accept a 2023 1st which is treated as a 2nd for compensation purposes? That's crazy talk.

Maybe that type of bullcrap works in Madden but it damn sure isn't working in the real world.

People need to get it through their head that Madden is exceptionally unrealistic in many ways and stop going to their franchise modes to see what type of trades they could pull off and then parrot them on the board as realistic. It's not. Not even close.

Kill joy…, 😁👍

On 3/8/2022 at 4:42 PM, ndirish1978 said:

Go watch Cover1's offseason cap special. We can get to 26M in cap space relatively easily

As of today, Friday morning, aren't we officially under the cap with the roster moves the last few days? Or are we close? Last I thought I understood we were only $2m away from being under on Wednesday. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

As of today, Friday morning, aren't we officially under the cap with the roster moves the last few days? Or are we close? Last I thought I understood we were only $2m away from being under on Wednesday. 

Yes, they're under now after cutting Feliciano. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/8/2022 at 7:36 PM, Einstein's Dog said:

Actually Ertz is a FA.  Spotrac puts him at a reasonable &7.6M.  I'd rather have Gronk but now Spotrac raised Gronk's estimate up to $9.5M. 

With Geiski, Schultz, and Njoku (what is Cleveland doing?) all getting franchised for $10.8M the market for TEs is heated.  I hope Gronk will still honor his home town discount.

If Gronk signs with the Chiefs, I will be royally pissed.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

how are we so over the cap without a bunch of star players?

Just having a QB doesn't mean you can't sign players. The Chiefs seem to be able to do whatever they want, and their guy gets Elon Musk money. 

The Chiefs have a few more big contracts than we do but we have a lot more mid range contracts. They do have a few guys hitting free agency (Mathieu, Ward, Ingram, Pringle to name the biggest ones) and are $5 million over the cap already so they'll have to do some cap work and probably still lose a few guys.

After cutting Feliciano and Klein the Bills will look to reduce Beasley's and Williams's salaries and then Star will be the only one left who is being overpaid. 

If Beane can acquire a couple big free agents this year our roster will look a lot more like the Chiefs in terms of cap breakdown.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

how are we so over the cap without a bunch of star players?

Just having a QB doesn't mean you can't sign players. The Chiefs seem to be able to do whatever they want, and their guy gets Elon Musk money. 

Our secondary and LB’s are eating a huge chunk...

Edited by JaCrispy

On 3/8/2022 at 3:35 PM, Ghs24mike said:

Who said no chance? I said to have a shot. 

We are in win now mode. If I told you all the moves that the Rams would make before last year you wouldn't have believed that either. Nothing in that post is out of the question. 

We might be the top FA destination in the NFL. Josh is the best player in the league. 

DK might be a fantasy but the rest of that post is do-able. 

Jones is a FA, Gronk is a FA, and we move up in the draft to get Davis (again might be hard to do but still do-able).

The Bills were arguably the best team in the league last year and are certainly contenders, but the AFC is STACKED next year. 

Why be conservative for 4 years just to be conservative forever. We have very few holes to fill so we can afford to go all in on a few guys. 

No, but he is on the final year of his deal and I doubt he wants to re-sign without a top tier QB. Seahawks can trade him now and get value, or lose him after next season for nothing. 

The opposite of having a shot is not having a shot.  Not having a shot is the same as no chance.

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Our secondary and LB’s are rating a huge chunk...

Yeah a whopping $60 million against the cap for White, Edmunds, Milano, Poyer, and Hyde. Compare that to $41 million for Allen, Diggs, Davis, Knox, and Singletary. Granted, Allen's number will jump about $23 million next year but that's a heavy investment in 5 defensive guys.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.