Go get Metcalf!

TBBills

54 minutes ago, nucci said:

what restrictions? Last week the Packers were $50M over the cap....now they have re-signed Rodgers and tagged Adams

but as of today GB is still approx. $40 million over the cap, so there is a lot of work to be done in GB to get to cap compliance. It will be interesting to see what they do to hit the targets....   

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/cap/

Edited by ddaryl

1 hour ago, nucci said:

what restrictions? Last week the Packers were $50M over the cap....now they have re-signed Rodgers and tagged Adams

If you spend too much on 1 position, you create holes that you can't fill in others.  The smart thing to do if you feel you need another receiver is to draft one who will be on a rookie contract.  The dumb thing to do is to obtain a player at a position you already have a #1 in when the player you acquire is on the last year of his contract & you're going to have to pay him around $20 million on his next contract.  This is especially dumb if you're spending a 1 or 2 on him because you're either paying him top dollar or losing him after 1 season.  it's even worse when you have players of your own that you will have to extend or lose in the next year or 2-the exact position the Bills are in with Knox, Diggs and others.  

Anyone who would compare acquiring Metcalf to the Diggs trade needs to realize that Diggs came with a pretty good contract & Metcalf would come in on the last year of his deal & be expecting future mega-bucks pretty soon.

If some of the people on this board run their own finances like they would like the Bills to run theirs, they are probably either broke, in huge credit card debt, or both.  You can't run an organization like a fan who every time he sees a big name player wants him on his team regardless of the cap.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, TBBills said:

No it wasn't because he scored a long TD not long after. The ***** people make up b.c they don't like someone is crazy.

Read the article and as I pointed out earlier they tried forcing the ball to him on the ensuing possession after his tirade and it was picked off. It changed the tenor of the game. I watched the game with a good friend of mine who is a Seahawks fan and it was very memorable- yeah Metcalf scored on a long TD later that quarter but the Seahawks offense lost any rhythm it had and was out of synch most of the second half until garbage time. You can believe me or not but I know what I saw and I’m just saying I’m not all that impressed with the mental/emotional aspect of his game - young player and immensely talented, though. 

I also think any trade for him is basically a one year rental unless you aren’t considering diggs a long term Bill.  Chances are pretty low he is a Bill so either way nothing to get too excited about. 

• Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Ayjent said:

Read the article and as I pointed out earlier they tried forcing the ball to him on the ensuing possession after his tirade and it was picked off. It changed the tenor of the game. I watched the game with a good friend of mine who is a Seahawks fan and it was very memorable- yeah Metcalf scored on a long TD later that quarter but the Seahawks offense lost any rhythm it had and was out of synch most of the second half until garbage time. You can believe me or not but I know what I saw and I’m just saying I’m not all that impressed with the mental/emotional aspect of his game - young player and immensely talented, though. 

I also think any trade for him is basically a one year rental unless you aren’t considering diggs a long term Bill.  Chances are pretty low he is a Bill so either way nothing to get too excited about. 

Yea b.c 1 year rentals never happen and help with championships... oh wait. Instead let's grab compensatory picks while everyone else tries to win a Super Bowl now.

31 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

How does Metcalf fit with Diggs & Davis? Who sits between the 3 of them? Or are we getting rid of Davis or Diggs? I thought we needed a slot WR, can he play there? This seems more of a redundant luxury move than a fill holes on the roster (slot WR, CB, Edge, DT, TE2, Guard) to make us better move, IMO.

I think it would look something like this:

2 wideout set - Diggs & Metcalf

3 wideout set - Metcalf & Davis outside, Diggs slot

4 wideout set - Metcalf & Davis outside, Diggs & Engram slot

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, prissythecat said:

Is Metcalf going anywhere?  Or will Seattle look to rebuild with a small core of players that includes him.

I'd be surprised but never know obviously. I would guess they keep him to have a major weapon and help out their next young QB (or whoever the QB will be) in the passing game

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Is Metcalf going anywhere?  Or will Seattle look to rebuild with a small core of players that includes him.

I think once they realize they can’t get Watson, it’ll be time to blow it up and complete rebuild.  I just don’t think he’ll be a Bill

Metcalf is a talent,  a physical specimen.    when hes involved he plays hard,  when he gets discouraged he dogs it.      if he dogs it too much that affects the team, regardless if its his fault or not.    this kind of personality can become a cancer in a lockerroom.   dude may be the best guy ever,   he's got to do his job and be professional consistently,  even when its not working out in his favor.    i dont see it with him yet.   pass.

Look at DK Metcalf's stats closely. He got 100+ targets for 3 straight seasons under Russell Wilson. He got 120+ targets for 2 straight seasons.

All he can get is:

58 catches - 58% catch percentage

83 catches - 64.3% catch percentage

75 catches - 58.1% catch percentage

He has good hands. Not great though. He's not a YAC beast either. He would be a great WR 2 here.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

On 3/8/2022 at 1:55 PM, TBBills said:

Get it done Beane!!! 

***** those Comp Picks!

Why would Seattle trade him? He is young and super talented and on his rookie contract. They are going need him for any QB they draft to replace Wilson.  I see Lockett being traded instead. 

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Why would Seattle trade him? He is young and super talented and on his rookie contract. They are going need him for any QB they draft to replace Wilson.  I see Lockett being traded instead. 

They already have been shown to be open to dealing either WR.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.