Go get Metcalf!

TBBills

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Seeing rumors in Chiefs land that they might trade their 1st rounder (30 overall) for Metcalf.

If it happens that's a very scary proposition trying to defend an offense with Kelce/Hill/Metcalf. Probably would be looking at another 2007 Patriots type of team and offense.

This is actually a terrifying thought. It would be like if they actually got the version of Josh Gordon they were hoping for when they signed him off the scrap heap. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/9/2022 at 12:04 AM, FilthyBeast said:

And the more you think about it wouldn't make much sense for Beane to give up another 1st rounder pick on WR since he did that a few years ago.

Yeah, because that move worked out so poorly. 

11 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Yea b.c you know, who wants to try and win a Super Bowl.

You can't win a Super Bowl by destroying the salary cap with 2 top priced WRs.  You obviously don't understand the salary cap & its restrictions.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BananaB said:

That Gabe fella we got is pretty solid. Probably end up having a better career then Metcalf

While that is not out of the question long term.........an injury could happen or something..........it isn't trending that way by any means..

Metcalf is a career 65 yard per game receiver and I suspect he would be an 80 yard per game receiver with Josh Allen.........like he was with Russell Wilson in 2020(Russ missed a lot of time in 2021).

Gabe has had Josh Allen as his QB and has been a 35 yard per game receiver.    The big game against the Chiefs in the playoffs skews rational analysis for many fans.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

You can't win a Super Bowl by destroying the salary cap with 2 top priced WRs.  You obviously don't understand the salary cap & its restrictions.  

Let me know when you stop trolling. You have lots to learn about about the NFL.

• Vomit 1

39 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

While that is not out of the question long term.........an injury could happen or something..........it isn't trending that way by any means..

Metcalf is a career 65 yard per game receiver and I suspect he would be an 80 yard per game receiver with Josh Allen.........like he was with Russell Wilson in 2020(Russ missed a lot of time in 2021).

Gabe has had Josh Allen as his QB and has been a 35 yard per game receiver.    The big game against the Chiefs in the playoffs skews rational analysis for many fans.

Gabe’s time on the field has been limited because this coaching staff is so high on veteran experience over young unproven players. Look at our Dline, took Ed and Harrison 3 and 4 years to develop because of limited reps. Aj, Boogie and Groot probably headed down the same path…  Gabe is a way better route runner then Metcalf  and has way better hands. Sanders and Brown never outplayed Gabe at #2, this coaching staff just got a hardon for the vets. Metcalf is a physical freak, and should be much more then 65 yard a game guy. Jmo. I don’t think he’ll reach full potential and probably fade in a few more years. 

Edited by BananaB

15 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

You do, clown.  

You're the one who started this STUPID thread. 

You clicked on it and started throwing a temper tantrum, now have reverted back to a child throwing insults out b.c you are wrong and know it.

Edited by TBBills

22 minutes ago, TBBills said:

You clicked on it and started throwing a temper tantrum, now have reverted back to a child throwing insults out b.c you are wrong and know it.

You started a thread that only someone who doesn't understand the salary cap would start.  I clicked on it because I couldn't believe anyone would be that ignorant of the cap ramifications, yet you obviously are.  

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

You started a thread that only someone who doesn't understand the salary cap would start.  I clicked on it because I couldn't believe anyone would be that ignorant of the cap ramifications, yet you obviously are.  

You are still wrong. You really don't understand. You have to be trolling no one can be this dense.

Edited by TBBills

6 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

..... Is this dude for real?  

KC had a staggering payload of cap space tied up at WR/TE and won the SB.  

KC will be at least calling on DK.  I would expect the Bills to as well.  

38 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

..... Is this dude for real?  

KC had a staggering payload of cap space tied up at WR/TE and won the SB.  

KC will be at least calling on DK.  I would expect the Bills to as well.  

It was big for Watkins and Kelce but that was it.  Mahomes was on a rookie contract with a cap hit in the low $4 million range.  That is very different than the Bills cap situation for the next 2 to 3 seasons with our #1 WR up for a contract extension and our QB at franchise QB salary.  That's what's real, go back and compare the 2019 Chiefs payroll with the Bills current and needed future cap $ which will also have the Bills having to pay a TE a lot in 2023 or earlier.  You have no credibility trying to compare KC's 2019 salaries to the current Bills and having the audacity to endorse a ridiculous acquisition of WR who wouldn't even be the Bills #1 with more important spots to fill.  No wonder a Chiefs fan wants to sabotage the Bills salary and roster structure.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/9/2022 at 7:51 PM, TBBills said:

So you don't like Diggs either?

Also the article states he came back and scored a 51 yard TD...

My point in sharing that is that in a playoff game he was a huge distraction that hurt his team.  Diggs was a guy who had an incredible play to win a playoff game.  Did Diggs get disgruntled in Minnesota?  Yeah, but he never hurt his team when it mattered most to be a pouty baby and I don’t think he ever lowered his effort on the field.  I think Metcalf is a beast and could be incredible if his commitment to the team is there but you see guys come unhinged and it just brings up some serious questions about him being a good fit on any team.  I’d love the Bills to get a player that physically gifted but does a guy that is willing to do that in a playoff game put the Bills over the hump?  If they did get Metcalf I’d still be excited but I’d be concerned about the chemistry. 

• Disagree 2

6 hours ago, Ayjent said:

My point in sharing that is that in a playoff game he was a huge distraction that hurt his team.  Diggs was a guy who had an incredible play to win a playoff game.  Did Diggs get disgruntled in Minnesota?  Yeah, but he never hurt his team when it mattered most to be a pouty baby and I don’t think he ever lowered his effort on the field.  I think Metcalf is a beast and could be incredible if his commitment to the team is there but you see guys come unhinged and it just brings up some serious questions about him being a good fit on any team.  I’d love the Bills to get a player that physically gifted but does a guy that is willing to do that in a playoff game put the Bills over the hump?  If they did get Metcalf I’d still be excited but I’d be concerned about the chemistry. 

No it wasn't because he scored a long TD not long after. The ***** people make up b.c they don't like someone is crazy.

Edited by TBBills

20 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

what restrictions? Last week the Packers were $50M over the cap....now they have re-signed Rodgers and tagged Adams

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.