Go get Metcalf!

TBBills

20 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Does anyone really think that Metcalf would be a process guy?

Don't see it happening.

Who cares?  Bills need a new process that gets them past the Chiefs in the playoffs.

A single 1st rounder won't do it though..

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Who cares?  Bills need a new process that gets them past the Chiefs in the playoffs.

A single 1st rounder won't do it though..

A single first rounder *might*.........but agree that it's not nearly as likely as many fans believe.........it's about a 50/50 proposition that a 1st rounder even plays well enough that the team picks up their 5th year option.

And this draft is particularly full of boom or bust or slow developing types in round 1, IMO.

Daniel Jeremiah said it best IMO...........the strength of this draft will be the ability to get 2nd round talents in the 4th round.    It's the depth of athletes.

But a strength is not likely to be getting players who tear it up statistically as rookies.   People are freaking out about the numbers that the 3 Georgia DL put up at the combine..........but the 3 of them only combined for 10 sacks in 2021.  

Expectations for first rounders are always too high but probably going to be even more unreleastic with this class.

• Like (+1) 2

It seems like some fans are always trying to bury our own talent.... I see a bunch of threads "Sign Gronk" so we're burying Dawson Knox who's coming into his own as 1 of the better tight ends in the league? "Sign D.K. Metcalf", Davis just snagged 4 TD catches in the freakin playoffs, what does this man have to do to get respect? I feel like were great at TE and have a solid duo in Diggs/Davis. I think we'll need a solid slot WR since it looks like Beasley is gone and there are some decent ones out there and I'd really like them to bring back Emmanuel Sanders who unfortunately had some injury issues and didn't really get to showcase his talents but provides really good depth.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, colin said:

the arm on that boy is shocking!

Thinking that Robert Foster was going to evolve into a WR1 or stud WR2..........coming off a Gabe Davis like 500+ yard 20 ypc season........could very well be why the Bills passed on the likes DK Metcalf and AJ Brown and instead traded up for Cody Ford. 🤢

This is why you don't just take for granted that players will keep improving @BuffaloBillsGospel.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

It seems like some fans are always trying to bury our own talent.... I see a bunch of threads "Sign Gronk" so we're burying Dawson Knox who's coming into his own as 1 of the better tight ends in the league? "Sign D.K. Metcalf", Davis just snagged 4 TD catches in the freakin playoffs, what does this man have to do to get respect? I feel like were great at TE and have a solid duo in Diggs/Davis. I think we'll need a solid slot WR since it looks like Beasley is gone and there are some decent ones out there and I'd really like them to bring back Emmanuel Sanders who unfortunately had some injury issues and didn't really get to showcase his talents but provides really good depth.

They see a name and come up with a trade or FA signing.   The game is more complicated.  Metcalf might want to be a WR1.  Then you get drama.  Draft a WR3.

Seeing rumors in Chiefs land that they might trade their 1st rounder (30 overall) for Metcalf.

If it happens that's a very scary proposition trying to defend an offense with Kelce/Hill/Metcalf. Probably would be looking at another 2007 Patriots type of team and offense.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nitro said:

They see a name and come up with a trade or FA signing.   The game is more complicated.  Metcalf might want to be a WR1.  Then you get drama.  Draft a WR3.

Metcalf wanting to be a WR1 doesn't matter in an offense with an elite QB.    It's like Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne...........didn't matter who #1 was because Manning would feed both.

I don't really think the Bills are going to get Metcalf but a lot of the concerns about the possibility aren't as big of a deal as many think.   Metcalf is a proven full season stud and for people worrying about maybe losing Gabe Davis eventually.........Gabe only has 1 more year of team control than Metcalf.   One of them is likely getting a big new contract in the next 18 months either way.

It's not like trading for Stefon Diggs and then watching Minnesota get an even better WR with the primary pick they acquired from Buffalo..........while having Jefferson for dirty cheap for 4 years.........while the Bills are paying Diggs around $15M aav.    And we aren't unhappy with that deal, are we?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Seeing rumors in Chiefs land that they might trade their 1st rounder (30 overall) for Metcalf.

If it happens that's a very scary proposition trying to defend an offense with Kelce/Hill/Metcalf. Probably would be looking at another 2007 Patriots type of team and offense.

It is an arms race.

The past two champions have loaded up with stars and been rewarded.

And you could argue that the Chiefs did as well when they added Sammy Watkins at $16M per year and then traded for Frank Clark...........and while Sammy didn't pan out to be a WR1 he did come up huge for them in the playoffs for 2 years.

Standing pat and being conservative is why the 2010's Green Bay Packers perennially fell short in the playoffs............the Bills might take note of that...........waiting until Josh Allen is 35 to push the envelope might not be a good strategy in a league with lot's of good young QB's entering.

Go get it or be ready to go home early again.

48 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It is an arms race.

The past two champions have loaded up with stars and been rewarded.

And you could argue that the Chiefs did as well when they added Sammy Watkins at $16M per year and then traded for Frank Clark...........and while Sammy didn't pan out to be a WR1 he did come up huge for them in the playoffs for 2 years.

Standing pat and being conservative is why the 2010's Green Bay Packers perennially fell short in the playoffs............the Bills might take note of that...........waiting until Josh Allen is 35 to push the envelope might not be a good strategy in a league with lot's of good young QB's entering.

Go get it or be ready to go home early again.

Arms race indeed.

And this is what scares me the most about Beane and what the Bills do this offseason (unless the Pegula's interfere and make demands of course)...holding firm signing lesser tier FA's and not giving up any draft picks.

Of course I'll reserve final judgement until I see what happens in the coming weeks but the time is now to do something out of character if you are Beane and not have blind faith in all this 'process' crap 6 years into the regime. There's simply too many good teams in the AFC and most are about to get much better considering some of the cap room available (Dolphins will be big time players).

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.