Russell Wilson traded to the Broncos

Process

7 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yikes. Wilson's trajectory is only heading down. He's not going to be elite going forward. Having lost his speed and escapability and still being short, he's not great anymore.

There’s always that possibility…and some evidence to support it…But I bet Denver fans aren’t thinking about that right now…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

really dunno how this will work out for the Broncos,  from what i gather most Broncos fans think theyre again just a QB away from being relevant.      now they have that QB.   if this allows Denver to beat the chiefs once or twice every year for the next few,  and helps us get home field easier,  im all for it.    Go Denver!!!

19 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yikes. Wilson's trajectory is only heading down. He's not going to be elite going forward. Having lost his speed and escapability and still being short, he's not great anymore.

Better than everyone else they've had since manning.  and everyone else they had before that since elway.  

16 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

There’s always that possibility…and some evidence to support it…But I bet Denver fans aren’t thinking about that right now…

I'm not sure the 'evidence' is conclusive. He had a down year last season of..

2021 stats: 14 games | 64.8 pct | 3,113 pass yds | 7.8 ypa | 25 pass TD | 6 INT | 183 rush yds | 2 rush TD | 6 fumbles

..while being injured. The Broncos have a much better line and running game as well. They were 6th is rushing compared to Seattle's 28th. 

There's about 20 other teams out there (including the Broncos) who wish their QBs had a 'down' year like that.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Here's the real reason why Denver went out and made this deal. Competitive football notwithstanding. 

Yep - said that earlier in the thread.  This is a splash move to appease new owners and the fan base.  

The player makes them better, but it has far more implications to the team than just wins on the field.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bigduke6 said:

really dunno how this will work out for the Broncos,  from what i gather most Broncos fans think theyre again just a QB away from being relevant.      now they have that QB.   if this allows Denver to beat the chiefs once or twice every year for the next few,  and helps us get home field easier,  im all for it.    Go Denver!!!

They had a pretty solid defense, and a fairly bad offense.  My big concern is you fired a really good defensive coach in vic fangio, and replaced him with an unknown.  

I personally expect a drop off on that side of the ball... and honestly i wouldn't be surprised if the offensive jump isn't that great even with wilson.  

• Like (+1) 3

I’m ok for Metcalf being the big splash. If Beane doesn’t try here, it’s criminal. 

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

No, they were waiting for Beane to get off his hands.

Beane needs to get this team better. Bringing in Metcalf helps a lot. Then draft a speedy slot WR and we are all set. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.