Packers and Rodgers agree to deal. 4 year 200 million

BillsMafi$

3 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

First off, Rapistburger blew that Superbowl against the Packers by throwing two INT’s.

Second, Rodgers is a head case. He’s still holding a grudge against the Packers for drafting Jordan Love in the first round instead of getting him WR’s.

Third, when Manning left the Colts, he went to the Broncos and they had a loaded offense, along with an elite defense.

Fourth, with $50M dedicated to one player, how are the Packers going to be able to get key FA’s to get them over the hump? 

Until Rodgers gets back to another Superbowl, he’s just a glorified Tony Romo with a Superbowl under his belt, meaning, he puts up great stats in the regular season, but can’t get it done deep in the postseason.

He's led his team to the playoffs eleven times
He's won a Super Bowl
He's still playing at an elite level, winning over 80% of his games the last three years and winning the MVP award the last two years 

And if we didn't have Josh Allen, my guess is you would have been clamoring to trade for him....

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

He's led his team to the playoffs eleven times
He's won a Super Bowl
He's still playing at an elite level, winning over 80% of his games the last three years and winning the MVP award the last two years 

And if we didn't have Josh Allen, my guess is you would have been clamoring to trade for him....

After reading all the stuff about Rodgers and how he held a grudge against Mike McCarthy for years because McCarthy was on the 49ers when they drafted Alex Smith instead of him; same goes with him being a drama queen for the past few years when they drafted Love in the first round instead of getting him WR’s, he’s threatened to retire, wanted to be traded, etc. It makes you wonder if Rodgers is 100% dedicated to his team? 

Here’s a good article about the Rodgers/McCarthy turmoil in GB:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay.amp.html

3 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

After reading all the stuff about Rodgers and how he held a grudge against Mike McCarthy for years because McCarthy was on the 49ers when they drafted Alex Smith instead of him; same goes with him being a drama queen for the past few years when they drafted Love in the first round instead of getting him WR’s, he’s threatened to retire, wanted to be traded, etc. It makes you wonder if Rodgers is 100% dedicated to his team? 

Here’s a good article about the Rodgers/McCarthy turmoil in GB:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay.amp.html

There seems to be so much dislike for Rodgers that I don't know what to believe and what not to believe in regard to what is written or reported about him. And, to be honest, I don't care about any of it unless it affects the team in the locker room and his/their play on the field. I don't see where it has. 

To me, he is an MVP caliber QB who, in spite of the team's strange insistence on not spending high draft choices or free agency money on surround him with top caliber offensive talent, is capable any given year of leading his team to a SB.

• Like (+1) 3

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the real numbers are.  $200M over four seasons for a 38 year old QB is WAY too much.  Just because Tom Brady has aged well and played well into his 40's doesn't mean that Rodgers will be able to do the same.  His play could decline at any time due to age.  If the agreement is front loaded - pay him big bucks guaranteed for this year only, then the team can get out of it after that - it would make more sense.  Not sure how the cap will work for them, as I thought they were already over by more than $20M, and now they have tagged Davonte Adams and are guaranteeing just over $20M to him.

how the Packers have been able to field a team that gets to the playoffs every year,  while overpaying Rodgers is beyond me.  the Packers fo are wizards.    imagin if he took just a bit less so they could surround him with SB winning caliber players.     remember all those years that Brady was taking discounts so he could win Super Bowls?    guess he's getting what he really wants,  the $$$$$.    im sure he'll win another regular season MVP and crap out again in the playoffs.   working as intended is suppose.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

There seems to be so much dislike for Rodgers that I don't know what to believe and what not to believe in regard to what is written or reported about him. And, to be honest, I don't care about any of it unless it affects the team in the locker room and his/their play on the field. I don't see where it has. 

To me, he is an MVP caliber QB who, in spite of the team's strange insistence on not spending high draft choices or free agency money on surround him with top caliber offensive talent, is capable any given year of leading his team to a SB.

There’s no doubt Rodgers is one of the best to play the game, but I see a ton of red flags with him and he seems he needs to be coddled constantly. Glad it’s the Packers problem to deal with and not the Bills.

So far, Allen has continued to improve each year and the way he played in the playoffs makes me believe he is the best QB in the league. On top of that, Allen seems to be a great team player, a class act and is not a drama queen/distraction like how Rodgers is.

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

There’s no doubt Rodgers is one of the best to play the game, but I see a ton of red flags with him and he seems he needs to be coddled constantly. Glad it’s the Packers problem to deal with and not the Bills.

So far, Allen has continued to improve each year and the way he played in the playoffs makes me believe he is the best QB in the league. On top of that, Allen seems to be a great team player, a class act and is not a drama queen/distraction like how Rodgers is.

On this we do agree, my friend. I believe Allen is the best QB in the game with the potential to be one of the best who ever played the game. In addition, I love who this kid is as a person.

Cheers :beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

Tf? 

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

McAffee tweeted early this morning that the terms and amounts being reported were wrong too. Wonder what is up...

Rapoport strikes again!!!

son of a bitch anger GIF by South Park

Rodgers a week ago:

News today:

boy I can see why he took such issue with the reports of his new deal 🤦‍♂️

figured the reports were mostly accurate. I figured he was just being nit-picky and looking for attention.

next we’ll hear him say he still didn’t “sign” a new deal - he printed his name. 😂

Edited by BillsFan4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.