1 year prove it deal...OJ Howard?

Hebert19

He never seemed to get going in Tampa but some of that was because they had other weapons at their disposal.  I'd imagine he would be looking for a prove it deal with a good QB to try and hit a payday next year.  

If we don't go after gronk I would definitely take a flier on him. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

He never seemed to get going in Tampa but some of that was because they had other weapons at their disposal.  I'd imagine he would be looking for a prove it deal with a good QB to try and hit a payday next year.  

OK, did you really come up with this or are you taking what Joe B's article in yesterdays Athletic suggested? LOL 

Actually was a good all around take on which FA's to resign, who to draft and who to go after in FA.  Went through a bunch of contract adjustments to make to free up money, who to cut, etc so the money all worked including who you'd then sign.  Along with signing Howard he suggested; Fitz, Joe Mixon, Adam Humphries, Jeff Wilson, & Connor McDermott.  And he suggested they resign Phillips, Hughes, Bates, and Kumerow and down the road Zimmer

10 minutes ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

I don’t mind it but He never really got going with Brady who targets TEs frequently. I think I would like a flyer on Evan Engram better if the money was similar. 

Both of them, along with Noah Fant are head scratchers. 

No, for two reasons.

1.  Pedestrian production.  Bucs were using him as a blocker.  With TB12 and his 5,000 passing yards at the helm.  

2. Not many players come completely back from a full tear of the Achilles.  

32 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

OJ Howard already has proved what he's got.  

No.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

We will go a different route and call him "The Pulp"

Groan

34 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

I was high on him coming out, but he has never produced. I would take a flyer on a proven pass catcher or draft an athletic TE. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I would probably lean towards a better blocker. James O'Shaughnessy, Kyle Rudolph, Geoff Swaim come to mind as guys who are #2's and considered very good blockers. Eric Tomlinson is one of the better guys, but he offers very little as a receiver. 

What I would do is sign Patrick Ricard. He is technically a fullback who provides great blocking, but can also play tight end, H back, and defensive end. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

OK, did you really come up with this or are you taking what Joe B's article in yesterdays Athletic suggested? LOL 

Actually was a good all around take on which FA's to resign, who to draft and who to go after in FA.  Went through a bunch of contract adjustments to make to free up money, who to cut, etc so the money all worked including who you'd then sign.  Along with signing Howard he suggested; Fitz, Joe Mixon, Adam Humphries, Jeff Wilson, & Connor McDermott.  And he suggested they resign Phillips, Hughes, Bates, and Kumerow and down the road Zimmer

Has Joe B. ever heard of comp picks? Damn! 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

They said he was going to be a cap casualty.   Did not read the article. :)

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.