Who is your Big Splash Player

Milanos Milano

Who would be your “Big Splash” player  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Big Splash Choice

19 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

I'm going to throw a name out there. Gilmore, not sure what his contract looks like. I would welcome him back.

I'm not sure it will happen given some of his comments post departure but if Gilmore wanted to sign here I'd be all over him. 

29 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I went with other, but I don’t have a name to pair with it really. I think edge is the only splash move needed but those are some seriously costly names above and I don’t believe they’ll spend that much. If I was forced and just made a guess I’d target Fletcher Cox in Philly. They might be one of the few teams with interest in Beasley given how many wiffs they’ve made drafting receivers. 

Cox is a 3 tech not an edge. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

CMC is not a low impact RB. Especially a healthy CMC. Dude easily makes us a super bowl favorite. 

An injured CMC is a low impact rb. Less than 800 yards from scrimmage last year and less than 400 the year before. When healthy he’s a force, but with his recent health I don’t know if it’s worth spending assets and a large chunk of cap on an oft injured player.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

I first wanted to say Chandler Jones because he’s from Rochester. Coming home blah blah blah 😕. You could say the same thing for Gronk. But smart money is on Allen Robinson who was at the combine with his agent. And that’s where this rumor started. He wants to try and get his career back on point. And he sees great opportunity in Buffalo 🦬. Take less for a year or two to get another big contract down the road. Maybe Mitch helped him realize it

Edited by Paul Costa
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

It would be, but oddly, Chris Godwin might move the needle more with his slot receiving prowess and could be slightly cheaper. 

He was actually my choice. I’ve had a thing for that guy since he came in the league. He has incredible hands and runs beautiful routes. I expect the Tampa Bay will shell out for him, but whoever does get him gets one hell of a slot receiver who can play the outside as well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Cox is a 3 tech not an edge. 

I’m aware. I coulda used better wording after re reading it. I’ll clarify, I don’t think they can acquire an edge via trade, and I don’t think they’d pay the price tag 🏷 on a chandler Jones type contract. 
So next best thing is to try and get Fletcher Cox in the short term. If you can’t get an elite edge while the current guys develop might as well rush up the gut consistently

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

He was actually my choice. I’ve had a thing for that guy since he came in the league. He has incredible hands and runs beautiful routes. I expect the Tampa Bay will shell out for him, but whoever does get him gets one hell of a slot receiver who can play the outside as well.

Tampa is franchise tagging Godwin.

EDIT: if they don't get a long-term deal done.

Edited by Rubes
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, T master said:

With the cap being the way it is for the Bills this year i hope none of them & i hope they get the guy they need in the draft it wouldn't be bad to get a guy that would be willing to play for a relatively friendly contract but most of those guys will want to get paid .

I would love to have a Von Miller or Kalil Mack if the price is right but you can forget someone like a Davonte Adams that dude is going to want a team to back up the Brinks truck & i don't see Beane getting any where close to that he might fantasize about it but that's about it .

I agree that Adams' contract might be off the charts. As for the cap, between the Schoen comment and that guy who did the analysis of caps based on their mutability and had the Bills actually in slightly above average shape (wish i could remember what he called the metric so i could find it), I suspect our cap hit is not quite as bad as it looks. On OTC, I looked into what was the most I could do without leaving a major hole save for CB2. I was able to get over 70m. Now, you obviously don't want to do all of that, but cut/trade all the usual suspects, restructure Morse, DWil, extend Diggs and Edmunds (presuming Beane/McD like him better than most here and unless he demands too much), and you can be at 30-40m fairly easily w/o kicking too much into the future. Then you have payouts of Dawkins and Tre's this year schedule if you see a FA worth it. I'd actually like to see about keeping Hyde and Poyer through 2024 as they show no signs of slowing, could easily last to their mid-30s at their positions, and we have no one in the wings to replace. 

Yes, I get that kicking the can could be dangerous with Allen's cap hit going from 16m-40m, but the cap is expected to spike that year with the TV contract. Personally, as much as I think this team is a SB contender, maybe even favorite, even if they make zero moves (including signing no FAs of their own) as their only real hole would be CB2 (and if you believe in next gen stats, Dane Jackson should be given at least a shot) and I guess you would have a hole at edge rush as the older guys were responsible for a lot of pressures, and they have a lot of young players going into their prime, I'd love to see a balance of a few big signings. I'm usually not a fan of going for comp picks, but I suspect that might have been a part of the Trubisky plan, so I'd be fine with a few huge FAs, trade up in draft if possible (flame me, i deserve it on this one, but i would weirdly love it if we could move up as far as possible in 1st and 2nd round, and hold on to one day 3 pick to save for that generational kick holder) and then reverse course in 2023 with a ton of picks to fill in. This would all be contingent on planning to have money to extend Oliver and for Rousseau if he hits (or whoever of the three that hits), so if they can't make that work.

Moving on from Edmunds would change a lot of this math. I really do hope they do not as as much as so many hate on him, the defense has been appreciably worse as a whole when he's been hurt or playing hurt. 

As for actually answering the question, Jones is growing on me--and would be a nice hometown (area at least) story. I'm surprised how much I don't hate Gronk as an idea. And I do love the idea of Godwin (especially after how he gutted us this year), he's probably too expensive even given my rosy/optimistic cap space outlook. I'd love a trade for Mack or Hunter. The former is more of a sugar high want--it might not be the best move at this point. 

Realistic if my 30-50m is possible: I'm gonna go Jones (15m hit--try to move big cap hit to 2024), CB Donte Jackson (8m hit), Christian Kirk (10m?), Gronk (5m), then stick to released or post June 1st guys and maybe load up on 2023 draft picks (and i feel slightly queasy for caring about that). 

Just now, Rubes said:

Tampa is franchise tagging Godwin.

EDIT: if they don't get a long-term deal done.

Ok, well that was a pipe dream anyway, and in my final overblown and ridiculous off-season plan, I was going with Christian Kirk who played half his snaps in the slot, seems to be good friends with Allen, is still young and hasn't been great, but has been OK. He'd be a solid replacement for Beasley.

Jones is a Rochester native and is on a sinking ship.  Had a taste of "Super Bowl hopes" last year when they were a one loss team for most of the season.  Makes sense!

Somehow, I still feel that it's even more splashy than him.

Putting a$$es in expensive new stadium seats is always a consideration.  They're already "must see" with Josh and company but the new player has to look to be a part of it all when they open the new place.

Gronk will not be there for the new stadium.  Jones probably won't either.  So the splash signing, IMHO,  is the one who looks to have a nice long road ahead.

CMC/Barkley:  both 25

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.