Who is your Big Splash Player

Milanos Milano

Who would be your “Big Splash” player  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Big Splash Choice

Just now, Greg S said:

Beane to Bills fans...

R (1).jpg

I'd usually be inclined to say this Ted Knight meme would be correct, but just a weird (could be wrong) feeling that this year Beane's plan is a bit different. 

Usually Beane has made a point to say don't expect any big signings. Has he done that this year? I did make a note of him not dismissing the Rams way of business (although I know he won't and hope he doesn't go full-Rams, even if it worked out for them). 

My other is Za’Darius Smith. With the Packers cap situation and the emergence of Rashan Gary, Smith will likely be available if they resign Rodgers and/Adams. By trading or cutting him they save $15.6 million in cap space. He Z Smith can easily fill that Alexander role that this team has been missing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

My other is Za’Darius Smith. With the Packers cap situation and the emergence of Rashan Gary, Smith will likely be available if they resign Rodgers and/Adams. By trading or cutting him they save $15.6 million in cap space. He Z Smith can easily fill that Alexander role that this team has been missing. 

My money is on him somehow joining the chiefs.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I like the Z. Smith fit. I think he probably winds up with the Giants back with Martindale, but he would be a nice add. 

I'd like Barkley TBH. If the Giants pick up a portion of his tab (they'll likely have to do, half?) and send over a 5th. They get a 5th and some cap relief, we get a promising player at a reasonable cost. He gets the early part of the season to get his legs under him and maybe he comes on strong for our playoff run. I'd be good with this. Devin shouldering the early load and running with the hot hand in the playoffs.

Edited by babulator

Mack would be a splash but I don't see it happening so I chose Gronk which I do think has a chance of happening

2 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

An injured CMC is a low impact rb. Less than 800 yards from scrimmage last year and less than 400 the year before. When healthy he’s a force, but with his recent health I don’t know if it’s worth spending assets and a large chunk of cap on an oft injured player.

Agree. I love dual threat RB's and he has played better than I thought he would coming our of college. But at this point he is far too expensive and to take on that contract and give up high round draft capital is crazy.  

3 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

I'm going to throw a name out there. Gilmore, not sure what his contract looks like. I would welcome him back.

Would arguably be the best secondary in this team's history.  (Clemments, Winfield, Milloy, Vincent, *McGee)

Edit: Vincent arrived the year Winfield went to Minnie, I think.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If other, please specify what big splash player would instill crazy hype. 

You forgot the option None of these.

The only one I would go after is Jones, but to me none of them are “splash signings” that instill hype.  They are all overpayed, older veterans that return versus cost is bad. 

The best player is CMC, but with his salary and injury - that is an albatross.  Adams and Goodwin are great receivers, but the cost versus benefits with Diggs is bad.

It is not a good group to hype me up because I don’t think any of them are long term investments that have lasting impacts and I am not sure any of them move me toward my goal.

Instead of a splash signing - how about we find some solid O-line men and protect the investment and look for some more up and coming talent like we did with Diggs.  That hypes me up.

• Like (+1) 1

Von Miller is who I would want.  He was a terror the last quarter of the season and throughout the playoffs.  He would be a difference maker for the defense.

Chandler Jones is a close second.

After that, Gronk.

• Like (+1) 1

I feel the need to justify Allen Robinson, he has been paid already but has mainly played on losing teams therefore I think he comes to Buffalo for a  much cheaper deal than the other recievers who could be a big splash. I hope it is Chandler Jones but expect him to sign for much more than we offer 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.