Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

Not a rumor, just my hope...

1. Sign James Washington: should be a cheaper, 1 yr deal. Hungry, young player who has deep ball ability we lack.

2.  Sign Donte Jackson: Young, athletic corner who could be a good backstop until Tre is healthy.

3. Cut Beasley and Star

4. Sign Jordan Phillips, finish our DT transformation

5. Resign Jerry Hughes, I think he's a 1 year stopgap until we see what development our young DEs can make. 

6. Go after OL, CB, and WR early in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Gotta be something brewing for beane not to have addressed back up qb edge or te yet.  Must have something in works.  He seems slow on the move. 

Ill believe it when i see it. Im just going to assume nothing big is going to happen this offseason. Not an exciting fa so far at all. We signed a 34 yr old guard, a 30 yr old dt and another depth dt. Other teams are getting better

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Ill believe it when i see it. Im just going to assume nothing big is going to happen this offseason. Not an exciting fa so far at all. We signed a 34 yr old guard, a 30 yr old dt and another depth dt. Other teams are getting better

You better watch yourself with that opinion on this thread. The Bills don't need to do anything except get a backup QB and TE.

5 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

The problem is the cap.  Don’t have the $$$ to make the big moves.  Don’t see Beane mortgaging the future.

47 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

A lot of edge rushing duo’s coming together in the AFC. Not a good look for us. Especially since we let Darryl Williams walk and Dawkins having a down year. 

Yeah, might as well start thinking about the '23 draft, right?

16 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

I think people want to be the Saints in two years and be 90 million over the cap just so we can sign a big name right now. 

Beane won’t let that happen.  I do want a big name player, or two if that helps get us over the hump.  Probably would take more than two. Just don’t see him doing it.

People ask all the time, would you rather have had the one Super Bowl, or all 4 plus the fun that went along with watching those teams?  A lot of people pick longevity.

I expect a competent team that will make the playoffs, Beane will sign and draft those guys.  It will be a great team to watch.  I just hope some of our young defenders mature and become somewhat the players we were looking at free agency for.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

When teams run Free Agency like us fans want them to...

Tbf, good free agents would sign with the Pats for next to nothing when Brady was there. Now it seems like the Chiefs & Rams are the ones free agents flock to for cheap.

1 hour ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Sounds like plenty of folks on here are good with where we're at. Make playoffs every year and get beat. We need an impact pass rusher in the worst way and can't seem to seal the deal.

This didn't age well, and its only like an hour old.

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Haha (+1) 8

17 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

This didn't age well, and its only like an hour old.

Actually it did age pretty well. I want to win a Super Bowl in my life time. I knew we needed an impact pass rusher and we got one. You on the hand have just been trolling me will eye rolls- nice goal in life.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.