Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

29 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

My Lord, if he goes to the Broncos and Von Miller returns...

They aren't getting both. They already have Bradley Chubb on the roster. So you're not paying a Von Miller or a Chandler Jones what it would cost to be a rotational piece. And they're going to have to pay Chubb by next offseason as he's on his 5th year option this season.

25 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

They aren't getting both. They already have Bradley Chubb on the roster. So you're not paying a Von Miller or a Chandler Jones what it would cost to be a rotational piece. And they're going to have to pay Chubb by next offseason as he's on his 5th year option this season.

One more injury-plagued season and I don't think Chubb gets another contract from Denver.

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I see him looking at another Frank Gore, TJ Yeldon, Matt Breida like inexpensive veteran or a mid round pick. And that will be that for RB.

How did that work out?  I don’t want a RB that is inactive every week.  I want a playmaking RB that can pass protect, score from anywhere, and must be accounted for every play 

As much as I like the idea of Hunter and Gronk, I'd be perfectly happy if we somehow got Jones and Engram. Jones is solid as a rock as a pass rusher (his availability compared to Hunter along with not giving up draft choices is key) and I think the Bills can get him for 30m over 2 years. Engram (I think 14m over 2 years would get him) could play the slot role that Beasely did -maybe not quite as prolific, but with more speed and physicality. I also didn't realize that Engram played with Knox in college so there's a level of familiarity there.

Edited by Lothar

2 hours ago, Pete said:

How did that work out?  I don’t want a RB that is inactive every week.  I want a playmaking RB that can pass protect, score from anywhere, and must be accounted for every play 

The end of the season and the playoffs said that person is Devin Singletary. They've always had an undying faith and loyalty to him and in keeping him on the field as much as possible instead of utilizing him in a two man system, he rewarded that faith during that time.

I expect much of the same this coming season. Singletary will be the primary ball carrier. I don't see them bringing in a guy that's going to keep him on the bench or split carries with coming off him looking the best he ever has. Just a guy that will spell him when he needs a breather. 

And like I said, all that aside, it flies in the face of Beane's modus operandi in the first place. He doesn't spend high picks or spend big money on that position. Especially not when I think they're just looking for someone to be Singletary's spell guy. And in the case of Barkley and McCaffrey, you're asking him to do BOTH at the same time.

I just can't see it. Especially this year when we have a lot of holes to fill, cap space is tight, and we're picking at the end of each round. And especially not after Devin looked as good as ever.

At most, and I'd even be surprised if they did this, they'd sign one of the top RB's in FA like Leonard Fournette, James Conner, Chase Edmonds, or Melvin Gordon. Or they'd spend a 2nd on a Breece Hall or Kenneth Walker. Not give up a big pick AND spend big cap space, especially on guys who have serious wear and tear on their tires. It's just not happening.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/11/2022 at 9:18 PM, ndirish1978 said:

No, and any buddy who lies to you is not a buddy. You don't release a 1st team all-pro on a reasonable contract. 

Hyde was 2nd team. Poyer was the 1st teamer. 

5 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

One more injury-plagued season and I don't think Chubb gets another contract from Denver.

In which case the Bills should move heaven and earth to sign him next spring. 

Edited by GunnerBill

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The end of the season and the playoffs said that person is Devin Singletary. They've always had an undying faith and loyalty to him and in keeping him on the field as much as possible instead of utilizing him in a two man system, he rewarded that faith during that time.

I expect much of the same this coming season. Singletary will be the primary ball carrier. I don't see them bringing in a guy that's going to keep him on the bench or split carries with coming off him looking the best he ever has. Just a guy that will spell him when he needs a breather. 

And like I said, all that aside, it flies in the face of Beane's modus operandi in the first place. He doesn't spend high picks or spend big money on that position. Especially not when I think they're just looking for someone to be Singletary's spell guy. And in the case of Barkley and McCaffrey, you're asking him to do BOTH at the same time.

I just can't see it. Especially this year when we have a lot of holes to fill, cap space is tight, and we're picking at the end of each round. And especially not after Devin looked as good as ever.

At most, and I'd even be surprised if they did this, they'd sign one of the top RB's in FA like Leonard Fournette, James Conner, Chase Edmonds, or Melvin Gordon. Or they'd spend a 2nd on a Breece Hall or Kenneth Walker. Not give up a big pick AND spend big cap space, especially on guys who have serious wear and tear on their tires. It's just not happening.

I love Motor!  Singletary is my next jersey.  But I don’t want Motor carrying 30 times a game.  The Bills are lacking a Kamera type 3rd down back.  And they need speed!  Devin is awesome, but he is neither of those.  Adding a RB that keeps Motor and Josh fresh, and adds a new dimension other teams need to game plan on.  

I understand what you are saying about Beanes track record.  But the goal is to win Super Bowl this year.  Beane will improve team as he sees fit.  Abd if Saquon, McCaffery, Breece, or whomever improves our team, and the price is right, he makes that deal imo 

Edited by Pete

7 hours ago, Pete said:

IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU WANT PETE. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU WANT PETE. 

Why are you yelling?  Lol. 
and it’s a message board.  I can have an opinion, just like you 

Man there some grumpy people here this morning lol

10 hours ago, Doc said:

You have to wonder why they're willing to take a $40M cap hit to get rid of him?

Might it be this story in which Cox was sued for sleeping with someone else’s wife? Maybe they’re scared he’ll go after theirs next?

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2745706-fletcher-cox-sued-for-allegedly-having-sex-with-mans-wife-ruining-marriage.amp.html

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

Why are you yelling?  Lol. 
and it’s a message board.  I can have an opinion, just like you 

Man there some grumpy people here this morning lol

It’s a humorous phrase used by The Rock.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MattM said:

Might it be this story in which Cox was sued for sleeping with someone else’s wife? Maybe they’re scared he’ll go after theirs next?

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2745706-fletcher-cox-sued-for-allegedly-having-sex-with-mans-wife-ruining-marriage.amp.html

LOL!  I remember that story!  "I want to put a baby in you."  The chick was pretty hot, from what I recall.

But that was almost 5 years ago.  It can't be that.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

I love Motor!  Singletary is my next jersey.  But I don’t want Motor carrying 30 times a game.  The Bills are lacking a Kamera type 3rd down back.  And they need speed!  Devin is awesome, but he is neither of those.  Adding a RB that keeps Motor and Josh fresh, and adds a new dimension other teams need to game plan on.  

I understand what you are saying about Beanes track record.  But the goal is to win Super Bowl this year.  Beane will improve team as he sees fit.  Abd if Saquon, McCaffery, Breece, or whomever improves our team, and the price is right, he makes that deal imo 

Can’t speak to the rookie but Barkley and McCaffrey aren’t improving anything because each will be injured again.  At this point at least CMC should be a low contract prove it kind of player but that isn’t happening.  Dude gets injured every 3rd play.  

The Giants with new management would need a huge haul for Barkley just for optics because if he ever stayed healthy and had a good year after being traded for a 5th or something, the NY press would have their heads on pikes.  His real value is like Matt Barkley but the Giants need a Charles Barkley in his prime price.  Nope.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.