Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Agreed. Brandon Beane has proven time and again that he doesn't allocate premium draft picks or pay for RB's. No way he's doing both. Especially for a guy who's proven time and again he can't stay on the field. And especially after Singletary finished the season in the fashion he did. 

I see him looking at another Frank Gore, TJ Yeldon, Matt Breida like inexpensive veteran or a mid round pick. And that will be that for RB.

I'm not convinced they will. I find it much more likely he's extended soon to lower his cap figure this season than it is he's traded.

That’s just it.  There’s no reason to wait if they’re sold on him. They know they need to clear cap and locking up a core player can create a ton of cap space.  So why wait?  Are teams able to extend players right now?

I’m not a huge Edmunds fan, but I think he has a ton of potential.  

If we extend him to alleviate his cap hit next year, ok, fine. 

If we trade him, great.   I do think - until we sign him long term - he could be a surprise trade in a player for player swap.   

What I don’t love is him, at his cap hit, not locked up long term.   

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That’s just it.  There’s no reason to wait if they’re sold on him. They know they need to clear cap and locking up a core player can create a ton of cap space.  So why wait?  Are teams able to extend players right now?

I wouldn't consider picking up a 5th year option and re-upping him before the start of that 5th year is "waiting". It's a fairly common practice.

4 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Just for context, we were first or second in pressure rate and top 10 in sacks. We can use a stud but we are absolutely not desperate. 

Pass rush has been THE defining difference in the last 2 Super Bowls. If you want to get to the playoffs top 10 is fine, but difference makers are needed to get to the SB.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Did I miss something on Edmunds?   Checked into the board tonight and seems like there is  lot of chatter about him.  Personally think it would be a great idea to get out of paying him 12 million this year, and 14+ million a year if they re-up but seems like there is real conversation about it.

The only conversation is along fans imo 

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Did I miss something on Edmunds?   Checked into the board tonight and seems like there is  lot of chatter about him.  Personally think it would be a great idea to get out of paying him 12 million this year, and 14+ million a year if they re-up but seems like there is real conversation about it.

Nah, just all of us trying to speak it into existence. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think the chatter is because the next options with Edmunds are extension, trade, or let walk in free agency.

Those that think he's average or worse don't want an extension, but also don't want to just let him walk. So they're hoping for a trade.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I wouldn't consider picking up a 5th year option and re-upping him before the start of that 5th year is "waiting". It's a fairly common practice.

We need cap space…..No? Extending him now creates cap space and locks him in at a cheaper rate (as the rates go up yearly).  what reasons do they have for not extending him?

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

We need cap space…..No? Extending him now creates cap space and locks him in at a cheaper rate (as the rates go up yearly).  what reasons do they have for not extending him?

Exactly why I say extend him. But he might have an inflated price tag right now. His accomplishments say top 5 ILB, even if his play doesn't.

Edmunds probably believes he's worth somewhere around $18 million per year.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Again, who says he won't? All my posts have been alluding to my expectation that it will probably happen soon. People seem to think signing long term deals or restructuring deals are simple and get done at the snap of a finger. Negotiations take time and I'd expect it to get done sometime between now and before the start of the season.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think the chatter is because the next options with Edmunds are extension, trade, or let walk in free agency.

Those that think he's average or worse don't want an extension, but also don't want to just let him walk. So they're hoping for a trade.

What about franchise tag as the route they’re planning go?

1 minute ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

What about franchise tag as the route they’re planning go?

They'd be better off with an extension. Tag number is like $18 million this year.

It wouldn't make sense. I don't think Edmunds will sign a deal with the Bills unless it's around that number. I don't think the Bills are going to pay that.

So if you do take that into account trading Edmunds this offseason makes sense if there's a  decent market for him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.