Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s one year left in his deal, he’s the perfect change of scenery player as he comes off the books if it doesn’t work out.

I agree that the Bills need an upgrade at RB. I'd rather draft Breece Hall. Basically same type of player with no injury history and less salary

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

They need depth, and I do not want to see Gilliam as our 2nd TE anymore.

You don’t see Sweeney getting any Pro Bowl votes?  🤷‍♂️

We need another NFL quality TE, and I’ll trust Beane to find one. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I think its clear that Dorsey wants to implement more 12 personnel into the Bills. Thats what he has had success with in the past and this is now the 2nd TE being linked to the Bills that has a fairly big name attached to them. 

Engram sucks at blocking though.

With our cap, I can’t understand paying for than 5 mil for a second tight end.  Yes, we ran two TE’s last year, but as blockers.  Knox is the undisputed number one guy and gets paid next year.  

This money should be going to immediate starters, like a DB or DE

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

With our cap, I can’t understand paying for than 5 mil for a second tight end.  Yes, we ran two TE’s last year, but as blockers.  Knox is the undisputed number one guy and gets paid next year.  

Im actually open to this.  

This wouldn’t just be “2 TE sets” in the traditional sense.  

Diggs/Davis, with Knox/Engram is quite the 12 personnel matchup issue for anyone attempting to defend us.   

Run out of it.  Pass out of it.  Flex Engram out to the slot.  

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, SCBills said:

Im actually open to this.  

This wouldn’t just be “2 TE sets” in the traditional sense.  

Diggs/Davis, with Knox/Engram is quite the 12 personnel matchup issue for anyone attempting to defend us.   

Run out of it.  Pass out of it.  Flex Engram out to the slot.  

Isn’t Engram trash at blocking. He’s the

worlds worst decoy, as he’s basically a receiver.  His size allows him to body defensive backs and LBs can’t keep up, but a LB would push through him on run plays.  

These are all based off what I hear about him.  

Oh yeah, he’s also going to miss at least 2-4 games 

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Isn’t Engram trash at blocking. He’s the

worlds worst decoy, as he’s basically a receiver.  His size allows him to body defensive backs and LBs can’t keep up, but a LB would push through him on run plays.  

These are all based off what I hear about him.  

Oh yeah, he’s also going to miss at least 2-4 games 

He’s certainly not known as a beast blocker, but he’s a legit WR talent and I’m sure he can block better than our 11 personnel featuring Beasley/McKenzie last year.  

18 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I think we need to be prepared for 12 personnel to become a much bigger part of the Bills offense. Less slot receiver targets, more flex/TE2 targets.

Whether that means Gronk, Engram, Rudolph, or a draftee, I think it’s going to happen. Tommy Sweeney won’t be the guy.

They may essentially give Beasley’s money, and a bunch of his snaps and targets, to a TE2/flex type.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/6/2022 at 2:54 PM, Steptide said:

Only really big splash that would shock me is davante Adams. No way bills can afford him though 

Who said it was going to be "shocking"? You can make a "big splash" without it being shocking. Von Miller, JC Jackson, Chandler Jones, Allen Robinson, Rob Gronkowski would all be big splashes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.