Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

29 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Seriously? 

I mean he’s got a point. Not many FA out there that instill excitement that could single handedly pull ticket sales. Chandler Jones? 

Now maybe if we pull a trade like Mack or Saquan people might flock. 

Mario Williams esque players are the only ones that create big splashes. 

30 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Splash offseason:

Sign Kirk and Gronk

Trade the first for McCaffrey and use him as a hybrid slot receiver 

Tickets will be sold.

This is where I am. A trade for McCaffrey or Mack would be the big splash tradewise.  Gronk would be the big splash free agent wise. I love Brandon Scherff, but signing a right guard is not a big splash. Neither is signing Chandler Jones imo. Maybe Von Miller. 

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

This is where I am. A trade for McCaffrey or Mack would be the big splash tradewise.  Gronk would be the big splash free agent wise. I love Brandon Scherff, but signing a right guard is not a big splash. Neither is signing Chandler Jones imo. Maybe Von Miller. 

Landing McCaffrey would absolutely be a splash move, and so would a Mack signing. 

Only WR I consider a splash would be Adams. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

To be clear I’m not saying they should do this, I’m just painting a picture of what a possible “splash” offseason spending spree would look like.

Agree re Chandler Jones.  As for Von Miller, not sure where he fits into this defense and they don’t have $20M to pay him given their other needs.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

To be clear I’m not saying they should do this, I’m just painting a picture of what a possible “splash” offseason spending spree would look like.

Agree re Chandler Jones.  As for Von Miller, not sure where he fits into this defense and they don’t have $20M to pay him given their other needs.

Agreed that those are the "splash" moves out there, not necessarily the right ones. But no one cares about Allen Robinson etc. 

56 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Per today's Daily News the Jets are expected to release WR Jamison Crowder. Any interest?

Yes. Replaces Beasely and has more twitch/YAC ability.

31 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Khalil Mack would be a trade but yes definitely a big splash 

2 hours ago, FieldGeneral said:

Not trying to be a wise guy, but what free agents outside of Adams is a big name splash signing? Don't believe there is one that can lesson the nearly $1 billion public funded sticker shock. 

This is not a good take. There are a BUNCH of splash players in this free agency class. Try harder…

38 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I mean he’s got a point. Not many FA out there that instill excitement that could single handedly pull ticket sales. Chandler Jones? 

Now maybe if we pull a trade like Mack or Saquan people might flock. 

Mario Williams esque players are the only ones that create big splashes. 

We are on the verge of winning it all. We have an insanely talented roster. People are gonna “flock” already…

45 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

This is not a good take. There are a BUNCH of splash players in this free agency class. Try harder…

We are on the verge of winning it all. We have an insanely talented roster. People are gonna “flock” already…

Of course people are going to come. But the article implies that Pegs wants to bring a “big splash” player to give extra incentive to help swallow the increased prices. Since a new stadium isn’t here yet, I’d imagine such a signing would be a very long term one, like 4 or 5 years.

Only players that fit that definition are CMC, Barkley, and Mack. Adams would be a splash move, but not likely a long term contract given his age. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Gronk would be biggest splash signing by far to the average fan.  

No, that isn’t splashy enough. While it’s a good signing, that isn’t bringing any more excitement than we’ve already been experiencing. 
Mack, CMC, and Barkley all bring that “It’s on like Donkey Kong” vibe. Gronk isn’t exactly that. 

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

No, that isn’t splashy enough. While it’s a good signing, that isn’t bringing any more excitement than we’ve already been experiencing. 
Mack, CMC, and Barkley all bring that “It’s on like Donkey Kong” vibe. Gronk isn’t exactly that. 

Given Barkley's injuries I wouldn't call him a big time signing. This isn't Penn St Barkley anymore.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Disagree.  Gronk is probably top 5 most recognizable player to the average fan.  And in Buffalo, it’s probably Josh, Brady, Rodgers, Gronk, Mahomes in that order.  

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Disagree.  Gronk is probably top 5 most recognizable player to the average fan.  And in Buffalo, it’s probably Josh, Brady, Rodgers, Gronk, Mahomes in that order.  

While I wouldn’t hate a Gronk acquisition. He doesn’t exactly give us much more than we already have with Knox. I feel like money elsewhere would help the team more. 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

While I wouldn’t hate a Gronk acquisition. He doesn’t exactly give us much more than we already have with Knox. I feel like money elsewhere would help the team more. 

Gronk would be a good signing and wouldn’t cost a lot.   He helps us in run game and in the red zone.  

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I disagree. Gronk is an elite blocker. He would benefit this offense in ways that go beyond pass catching. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

So who would you consider Big time for a realistic trade or FA acquisition? 

Gronk. He is someone we could realistically get and at a decent price. I would love to get Von Miller but I don't think it works for us cap wise.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Splash offseason:

Sign Kirk and Gronk

Trade the first for McCaffrey and use him as a hybrid slot receiver 

Tickets will be sold.

I love this but I’d like to trade for Saquan Barkley of McCaffrey. Would be a lethal offense if we get some OL help in the draft. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.