Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

True but doubtful that will happen and Veach said this gives them flexibility to hammer out a long term deal.

But getting back to the point, the Bills obviously cant stand pat and trot out the 'run it back'  or 'build through the draft' message this year. If anything the veterans on this team aren't going to accept it given how close they are to taking that next step. Everyone behind the four walls at One Bills Drives knows the time is now to make a serious move or two in the offseason.

I am sure the Bills will make the appropriate moves to remain in pursuit

2 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Hmmm, already been released o mayber is going to be released soon. I can't think of a "big name" off top of my head at the moment

Feels like it’s a big name FA whose agent set up a meeting with the Bills officially about something else (ie extension with current player) and that got “thrown into the conversation” so to speak to avoid tampering

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Feels like it’s a big name FA whose agent set up a meeting with the Bills officially about something else (ie extension with current player) and that got “thrown into the conversation” so to speak to avoid tampering

Davante Adams, come on down!!! lol

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is Cordarelle Patterson considered a big name FA?

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

I don't think he would be considered a big name FA.

All the Gronk talk started again around combine time. I think it's gotta be him.

Maybe, wasn't too long ago he was shining up Joe Burrow's ball sack, lol

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

43 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

He was just franchised so thy have him at least this year....

Actually it appears he signed a 1-year $16.5M deal, which I missed.  And the Chefs are currently almost $8M over the cap.

42 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah…..which is why last this and this year are different and not really situations to compare 

Yeah, which is why "making a splash to distract from the stadium" doesn't wash.  But we'll see who they sign and for what amount.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hmmm

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/07/mmqb-aidan-hutchinson-michigan-top-prospect

Already released big name players …? Amari Cooper and Zadarius Smith haven’t been released yet I don’t think 

Just to be clear here, the "Thinking must be an already released FA" seems to be Thad Brown's addition.

The MMQB blurb says this:

• The Bills—of Buffalo—are becoming a bit of a destination for veteran free agents. I’m told at least one big-name veteran reached out to the Bills (it’s usually the other way around) to show his interest in them and set up a meeting for his agent at the combine last week. So if the finances work out, it wouldn’t surprise me to see someone like that signed by the Bills.

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

Actually it appears he signed a 1-year $16.5M deal, which I missed.  And the Chefs are currently almost $8M over the cap.

Yeah, which is why "making a splash to distract from the stadium" doesn't wash.  But we'll see who they sign and for what amount.

You’re saying that Pegula telling Beane we should make a splash due to the fans/stadium doesn’t have any legs because we went after a splashy move with Watt last year?

Agree to disagree.

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just to be clear here, the "Thinking must be an already released FA" seems to be Thad Brown's addition.

There isn't one of those that fit the bill. I think he's operating by what's "by the books". Which is stupid. Everyone knows that while it's technically not the "legal" tampering period, The Combine has always been the place where agents of FA's talk with teams and there's never any "tampering" claims filed over it because EVERYONE does it there.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

Definitely doesn't explicitly say already released 'big name'.

If I was to speculate in general terms, I'd be inclined towards the offensive side of things, likely a TE, WR, RB, or more vaguely possible, O-Line.

The Bills generally, are an attractive destination for someone who wants a shot at a ring. Having said that, I think it should be pretty obvious that the biggest attraction, would be catching pigskins from #17.

If you want a guess as to who could be a likely candidate to 'reach out', who is currently a FA, then Rudolph springs to mind - although I don't consider him to be a 'big name', but I'm not the one making the claim. ;)

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The MMQB blurb says this:

It’s his addition but the thought process makes sense given the timing. Would technically be illegal tampering if not.

9 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Definitely doesn't explicitly say already released 'big name'.

If I was to speculate in general terms, I'd be inclined towards the offensive side of things, likely a TE, WR, RB, or more vaguely possible, O-Line.

The Bills generally, are an attractive destination for someone who wants a shot at a ring. Having said that, I think it should be pretty obvious that the biggest attraction, would be catching pigskins from #17.

If you want a guess as to who could be a likely candidate to 'reach out', who is currently a FA, then Rudolph springs to mind - although I don't consider him to be a 'big name', but I'm not the one making the claim. ;)

Forgot about Rudolph. Agree he’s not a “big name” but maybe Breer is a fan of reindeer 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.