Bills FA rumors thread

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who has ESPN+ and can find the rumor Thad is referring to?

No player mentioned. Just speculating that they make a big move to keep fans happy because they are going to have to pay for a new stadium. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

Keep winning and fan enthusiasm remains high regardless. Begin losing and free agency or any other gimmicks won't make a difference. 

I don't buy any if it. In Beane we trust. 

What does it say?

Just now, The Wiz said:

No player mentioned. Just speculating that they make a big move to keep fans happy because they are going to have to pay for a new stadium. 

Oh. Womp womp

• Like (+1) 1

If that's the reason they made a splash move that'd be so dumb, fans would care more about the team remaining good than a splashy move at the time you're announcing the stadium deal. The fans are going to feel the costs of the deal down the road the team still needs to be good then.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

No idea, don't have espn+. I'm just commenting on the Thad Brown tweet that claims Pegulas are looking to rely on gimmicks to keep up fan enthusiasm. 

Hmmm apparently that’s all the article says. I don’t think they need that either. 

2 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Splash move with negative cap space?

Are we going to sign a pro-bowl long snapper?

They can easily create cap space if the opportunity presents itself. LS is locked in btw.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Keep winning and fan enthusiasm remains high regardless. Begin losing and free agency or any other gimmicks won't make a difference. 

I don't buy any if it. In Beane we trust. 

Exactly, they aren't making any splash moves for the fans , just need to improve the roster overall.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Exactly, they aren't making any splash moves for the fans , just need to improve the roster overall.

I agree. Josh Allen keeps this fan base engaged and willing to fork over cash. It’s all about the QB. Would FA adds be nice, yes, we could improve in some areas like any team. But Beane built a championship roster imo. Should have won it this year but coaching effed it up. I believe they will win the SB in the next 3 years, regardless of a big splash FA add. Beane’s typical FA adds work for me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What does it say?

"Buffalo Bills owners Terry and Kim Pegula were visible presences at the combine, and that team could make a big off-field headline in the next couple of weeks regarding a deal with Buffalo and Erie County for a new stadium.

That project would include a great deal of public financing, which is one reason a lot of people here are eyeing the Bills as a team that could make a big free-agent splash. Billionaires asking the taxpayers to help fund their new stadiums is a tough proposition all the time, but if you're going to do it, it's best to keep enthusiasm for the team as high as possible.

The Bills have been knocking on the Super Bowl door the past couple of years, but don't rule out a big-splash move aimed at getting them over that hump and making sure Bills fans' excitement remains at a froth."

Written by Graziano

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Where will Buffalo roam

Buffalo Bills owners Terry and Kim Pegula were visible presences at the combine, and that team could make a big off-field headline in the next couple of weeks regarding a deal with Buffalo and Erie County for a new stadium.

That project would include a great deal of public financing, which is one reason a lot of people here are eyeing the Bills as a team that could make a big free-agent splash. Billionaires asking the taxpayers to help fund their new stadiums is a tough proposition all the time, but if you're going to do it, it's best to keep enthusiasm for the team as high as possible.

The Bills have been knocking on the Super Bowl door the past couple of years, but don't rule out a big-splash move aimed at getting them over that hump and making sure Bills fans' excitement remains at a froth. -- Graziano

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

So Brown is saying the  Pegulas think a splash signing/shiny object will distract paying fans from the huge bill about to come due?  

That's pretty depressing for the fanbase to hear...

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

No idea, don't have espn+. I'm just commenting on the Thad Brown tweet that claims Pegulas are looking to rely on gimmicks to keep up fan enthusiasm. 

I wouldn't put this past them, they are very out of touch with nearly everything they do. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.