Britney Griner

Doc

I don't know if this was brought up, but I'm also not calling Whelan a saint.  He was court martialled and received a bad conduct discharge for Larceny, bouncing checks, and attempted theft of over $10k in Iraq.  

Personally, I wouldn't have traded either for Bout.  Bout isn't just someone that affected the American people, he is someone that affected COUNTRIES.  Potentially millions died due to his work.

24 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Negotiating with terrorists? Are you serious?

Trump surrendered an entire country that we spent trillions and lost way too many Americans to a terrorist organization and released 5,000 terrorists and didn't get one thing in return - including this guy:

President Trump, Don’t Leave My Brother, Mark Frerichs, a Hostage, Behind

Of course, Biden got the job done:

Mark Frerichs, a Navy veteran - held hostage in Afghanistan has been freed in a prisoner swap

We’ve already established that Biden will negotiate with hostile regimes, and that’s historically not been a presidential best practice. 

You keep asking the same question, which basically boils down to “Why didn’t Donald Trump negotiate with hostile nations for political gain, and get sandbagged in the process?”. 

Kudos for you for super-sizing the silliness with jumping to the conclusion that Trump not negotiating with a nation you feel is dangerous to our interests, and Putin not invading in Trump’s watch is indicative of an employer/employee relationship. 

Meanwhile, Biden is freeing serial killers. 

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

We’ve already established that Biden will negotiate with hostile regimes, and that’s historically not been a presidential best practice. 

You keep asking the same question, which basically boils down to “Why didn’t Donald Trump negotiate with hostile nations for political gain, and get sandbagged in the process?”. 

Kudos for you for super-sizing the silliness with jumping to the conclusion that Trump not negotiating with a nation you feel is dangerous to our interests, and Putin not invading in Trump’s watch is indicative of an employer/employee relationship. 

He's literally freeing gun violence instigators while also parading around with Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer screaming for gun control.  What an absolute joke.  If you have convictions so strong for gun control, Viktor Bout being released should have been a non-starter.

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Trump negotiated the release of 5,000 Taliban prisoners in exchange for nothing.

Didn't get ANYTHING in return - including the release of Mark Frerichs.

Own it.

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

Speaking of bad deals, how about that immunity for MBS from Khashoggi's widow?  A man of principles that Joke is...

The joke is on you, as usual:

Trump boasted he protected MBS after Khashoggi hit

4 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

He's literally freeing gun violence instigators while also parading around with Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer screaming for gun control.  What an absolute joke.  If you have convictions so strong for gun control, Viktor Bout being released should have been a non-starter.

Politicians do political things.  BillSy mentioned Trump's "love letters" to N Korea.  I'm happy to talk about that, it's what dialogue is all about.  BillSy though is completely off the rails here.  His angle seems to be that returning Bout to Putin was absolutely the right call, and he apparently would have supported Trump trading Bout for Paul Whelan a few years back.   

I honestly can't think of any person, any time who would support negotiating with hostile nations and sending their killers back to do more killing.  Neville Chamberlain, maybe. 

It's like BillSy has entered some sort of dream state where Biden is beyond reproach.  

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Trump negotiated the release of 5,000 Taliban prisoners in exchange for nothing.

Didn't get ANYTHING in return - including the release of Mark Frerichs.

Own it.

The joke is on you, as usual:

Trump boasted he protected MBS after Khashoggi hit

So...your argument is that a negotiation to broker a peace deal is the same as what happened with Biden and Putin today?  That's your position?  

Fair enough point....Besides getting BG back...what else do you think Team Biden negotiated with respect to peace in that part of the world?  At face value, sending a guy back known as the Merchant of Death sounds most unpeaceful, don't you think?  

As for MBS...Biden has been in office +/- 50 years.  The Saudi's have been the Saudi's for all of those  +/- 50 years.  What was Biden's response to the murder of Khashoggi when he took office...?  More importantly, what did he do to marginalize, prevent or eliminate the Saudi scourge after taking office in the early 1970s?  When he was second most powerful man in the world 2008-2016?  

So far we're up to making the world a better place by capitulating to Putin and releasing murders, and punishing MBS by buying oil, offering a fist bump and maybe sending really mean notes with stern language to his mom.    I can see why you're a disciple of Joe. :wallbash:

22 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Politicians do political things.  BillSy mentioned Trump's "love letters" to N Korea.  I'm happy to talk about that, it's what dialogue is all about.  BillSy though is completely off the rails here.  His angle seems to be that returning Bout to Putin was absolutely the right call, and he apparently would have supported Trump trading Bout for Paul Whelan a few years back.   

I honestly can't think of any person, any time who would support negotiating with hostile nations and sending their killers back to do more killing.  Neville Chamberlain, maybe. 

It's like BillSy has entered some sort of dream state where Biden is beyond reproach.  

Trump had no issues releasing 5,000 Taliban prisoners.

It's like Leo has entered some sort of dream state where Trump is beyond reproach.

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Trump had no issues releasing 5,000 Taliban prisoners.

It's like Leo has entered some sort of dream state where Trump is beyond reproach.

5,000 foot soldiers that have connections to what exactly?  

What was their crime other then fighting for the Taliban you surrendered Afghanistan to?

Are they on par with the merchant of deaths?

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

5,000 foot soldiers that have connections to what exactly?  

What was their crime other then fighting for the Taliban you surrendered Afghanistan to?

Are they on par with the merchant of deaths?

Why don't you go do your own research? I know it would be difficult for you because you can only handle sugar coated Trump news...

U.S. pressed Kabul government to free thousands of Taliban fighters in bid to encourage peace talks and many have returned to the battlefield

Former ambassador to Afghanistan blames Taliban surge on Trump 'delegitimizing' Afghan government

“In my view, we bear a major responsibility for this. Began under President Trump when he authorized negotiations between the U.S. and the Taliban without the Afghan government in the room. That was a key Taliban demand. We acceded to it, and it was a huge demoralizing factor for the Afghan government and its security forces,” Crocker said. “We pressed them to release 5,000 Taliban prisoners. Eventually they did it, and watched them go back into the fight against the people who released them. So this is a year and a half worth of demoralization.”

28 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Her blatant stupidity and ignorance ultimately got an arms dealer back to Russia.  Let that sink in as we “celebrate” this POS 

No...I'd get a "who?" from our government. 

Wrong color, wrong gender, wrong sexual orientation, wrong profession.