How NFL money to help fund a new Bills stadium - Update NYS & and Erie County agree to pay nearly $1 billion. Owners meeting $200 M Vote

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-bills-initial-ok-205952092.html

24 of 32 votes are needed 

Under the G4 program rules, Bills owners Terry and Kim Pegula would be required to put up matching dollars which would increase the private funding to at least $400 million for the new stadium.

27 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

It amazes me that the Bills can potentially pay one player like Allen $250M, Mahomes may get $500M, but the entire NFL can only provide a $200M "loan" for a team in their league to build a stadium that they will suck billions from for the next 40+ years. Just crazy!

It’s corporate SOP, never use your own money, tax payers have been being duped into providing private corporations infrastructure for many decades, via tax breaks, aka corporate welfare, public funding Via taxes on our income, we pay to build it and then pay to use it, and the corporation gets the vast majority of financial benefit. Yet we just keep doing this over and over and over and over…, it mostly because we re-elect the same shysters from both political parties, over and over and over and over, will no-one ever learn? I’m gonna go get another cup of coffee ️, 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

It amazes me that the Bills can potentially pay one player like Allen $250M, Mahomes may get $500M, but the entire NFL can will only provide a $200M "loan" for a team in their league to build a stadium that they will suck billions from for the next 40+ years. Just crazy!

The league CAN finance the entire stadium.

The owners CAN finance the entire stadium.

But that's not how the uber-wealthy operate. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

It amazes me that the Bills can potentially pay one player like Allen $250M, Mahomes may get $500M, but the entire NFL can only provide a $200M "loan" for a team in their league to build a stadium that they will suck billions from for the next 40+ years. Just crazy!

Rich stay rich by being cheap.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Why all the "fiscal experts " come out of the proverbial  closet at "stadium  building time".. laughable .. if they knew , read what the govt subsidizes , this is nothing.. it is a quality of life thing that any clear thinking person would "get" .. its not giving money to authorize  a study on fish excrement and how it affects the lakes. its a plus for Buffalo , jesus.. frustrating to even read the nonsense 

Exactly. The rare time when taxpayer expenditures will actually benefit Western New York and NOW all the people complain? There wasn't this much uproar for the Yankees and Mets stadiums. It's really beyond belief

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

The league CAN finance the entire stadium.

The owners CAN finance the entire stadium.

But that's not how the uber-wealthy operate. 

Agree.  If the owners and NFLPA put away 10% of their pay/profit share every year and invested the money it would be paying for a

new team stadium every 30 years.  These expensive stadiums should last that long.

That comes to a new NFL stadium every year.  If cities and owners want anything "bigger and fancier" they can pay the difference.

It won't happen but it should.

it amazes me how many people on the forums complain about taxpayer dollars for this new complex when the fact of the matter is the number will hardly be noticeable when you go to pay your tax bill. 

56 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

what is not talked about here is the millions of dollars NFL Players put into their communities to help special needs. Do they live good? Heck yes... Are they overpaid? yep... but the amount of people they help is also great... 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Exactly. The rare time when taxpayer expenditures will actually benefit Western New York and NOW all the people complain? There wasn't this much uproar for the Yankees and Mets stadiums. It's really beyond belief

Boy you got that right! Citifield,   The new Yankee Stadium , Us WNY'S  had no say.. it was just a given it would be  done .. shut our mouths.l. after all  its NYC! 

Edited by dwight in philly

32 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

it amazes me how many people on the forums complain about taxpayer dollars for this new complex when the fact of the matter is the number will hardly be noticeable when you go to pay your tax bill. 

what is not talked about here is the millions of dollars NFL Players put into their communities to help special needs. Do they live good? Heck yes... Are they overpaid? yep... but the amount of people they help is also great... 

Playing a bit of devils advocate here, because i dont care how the stadium gets done, I want it, and wanted a nice roof.... but the general problem for most people isnt the extra $13 a year in taxes, its the allocating of funds away from schools, and fixing the terrible roads etc etc... i get their side of it, but bluntly i dont care. i love my Bills, i dont ask for much. Mets and Yankees rolled out dope stadiums, and were getting stuck with a 55k-60k seat stadium, with no roof. infuriating

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, akcash said:

You guys think it will be downtown or OP?

That ship sailed many months ago. Just like the useless dome. I liked the idea of the stadium in Buffalo, it's where it really belongs  But costs were the factor. I still say the light rail should extend to OP. You could party DT, and take a 10 minute train ride. It's what many fans do in New Orleans, Philly, Jersey, Denver, Santa Clara (49ers), and even Pittsburgh. I see not having a dome is not stopping ANY player from coming to Buffalo. Miller said he liked playing in the cold in Denver.    

2 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

It is more amazing that the NFLPA, their partners, contribute nothing.

NFL needs a good divorce laywer and better hope they had a good prenup agreement. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.