Bills reportedly interested in free agent edge rusher Uchenna Nwosu

Bag of Milk

According to Aaron Wilson with Pro Football Network, the Bills along with the Indianapolis Colts, Green Bay Packers, and New York Jets will also be looking to sign the former second round pick.

The Bills did have Nwosu (from USC) in for a pre draft visit when he entered the draft in 2018.

Edited by Bag of Milk

3 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

According to Aaron Wilson with Pro Football Network, the Bills along with the Indianapolis Colts, Green Bay Packers, and New York Jets will also be looking to sign the former second round pick.

The Bills did have Nwosu (from USC) in for a pre draft visit when he entered the draft in 2018.

Spotrac suggests market value 5 years, $60k, AAV $12k

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 3

Don’t hate it.  We need another solid EDGE and shouldn’t break the bank when we’ve already spent 3 high recent picks and will have to pay Ed Oliver soon.

Our reality, likely, is that our outside pass rush will be dependent upon any of the young guys making a jump.. Rousseau, Basham, Epenesa. 

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

He had a breakout season last year but I think he's a way better fit in a 3-4 

His break out season in a contract year equaled 5 sacks. Of course not sure about pressures which I keep getting told are just as important as sacks. Also not sure what % his snap count was. 

I actually think I'd rather hang on to Addison at that rate. He got to the QB a bit and played pretty limited snaps.  Would likely be less expensive as well.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, finn said:

I don't see how he's an upgrade over Obata. Why not re-sign him instead? 

Obada is really,  really bad in run defense.............unplayable bad,  which we found out is why he was available so cheap despite being huge, powerful and fast moving forward.

He plays tall and his lateral change of direction is horrible.

I don't love tryna' turn Nwosu into pass rusher 1...........but he's a much better athlete than Obada.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Obada is really,  really bad in run defense.............unplayable bad,  which we found out is why he was available so cheap despite being huge, powerful and fast moving forward.

I don't love tryna' turn Nwosu into pass rusher 1...........but he's a much better athlete than Obada.  

Didn't realize/notice that. Thanks. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah, he had possibly the most embarrassing play of the year getting juked out of his cleats by 44 year old Tom Brady. It turns out Obada's skill set only works if his target is standing perfectly still.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.