Rumor- Harrison Phillips not coming back

wiseman3

4 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

If Bills want to do that basic RFA stuff with Bates, when is the deadline for it?

Pretty sure the deadline for the RFA tender is before the start of the new league year - next Tuesday. Then the deadline for the player to get and present an offer sheet from another team is usually around a week before the draft. April 22ish I think it is this year.

Worth mentioning, once the RFA tender is applied the amount counts against our cap right away. So for example, we are already something like $3.5 mil over the cap. If they put a tender out there on Bates for whatever amount, say $4 mil, the $4 mil instantly figures into our top 51 cap figure and raises the already over $3.5 mil by that much more.

The Bills need to start making cap moves soon.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tuco said:

Pretty sure the deadline for the RFA tender is before the start of the new league year - next Tuesday. Then the deadline for the player to get and present an offer sheet from another team is usually around a week before the draft. April 22ish I think it is this year.

Worth mentioning, once the RFA tender is applied the amount counts against our cap right away. So for example, we are already something like $3.5 mil over the cap. If they put a tender out there on Bates for whatever amount, say $4 mil, the $4 mil instantly figures into our top 51 cap figure and raises the already over $3.5 mil by that much more.

This...and it's a little concerning that even some of the minor expected moves like dumping Feliciano hasn't happened yet

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This...and it's a little concerning that even some of the minor expected moves like dumping Feliciano hasn't happened yet

We will see stuff happen around the league now.  The biggest domino (Rodgers) fell.  Minutes later the second biggest (Wilson) followed suit. Plus it’s getting to be crunch time anyway. 

6 hours ago, Tuco said:

Good Call

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

I hate to say I told you so, but....🙂

Did anyone doubt he might not be back? That was a forgone possibility to most I think.

That you actually met Phillips BEST FRIEND and he shared intimate details of his intentions is what I doubted. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

I hate to say I told you so, but....🙂

i wasnt even in this thread.....but after reading all those naysayers.....some apologies are forth coming.....

dont take it personally....most of these type of predictions dont pan out

On 3/5/2022 at 10:44 PM, wiseman3 said:

Met Harrison's best friend out in Buffalo tonight...showed texts to prove that he will not be coming back in free agency. I don't expect anyone to really believe this, but you'll just have to believe me haha. He will not be a Bill next year

You are truly wise, man, well done!  Sad to see , but you nailed it with your insider connection. Tough loss of a very classy , great guy who was all you could want as a role model for Bills players. Will miss him. 

4 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

What’s even funnier is when people still aren’t willing to believe your story. Is there evidence that you are known to make this stuff up for attention?

Haha no, I really don't post here besides game reactions and defending JA17. Oh well. I think Harrison needs to reevaluate what friends he shares info with. Alcohol is a hell of a drug!

7 minutes ago, papazoid said:

i wasnt even in this thread.....but after reading all those naysayers.....some apologies are forth coming.....

dont take it personally....most of these type of predictions dont pan out

Not at all. He said it was a certainty, then he said it was a possibility. It was never a certainty, but it was always a possibility. That is true with every FA. We all knew it was possible. The process has to play out, then we know.  I wish him well, especially against AFC teams! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.