Rumor- Harrison Phillips not coming back

wiseman3

Phillips just isn't worth a big contract IMO.

Fine player and great human being (a couple people I know have met him at get togethers and say he is one of the most respectful and nicest people you could meet) but on the football field totally replaceable, as much as I hate to say it because I love the guy as a person. 

It's probably one of those situations where the Bills would love him back at a certain number but the agent thinks he can get much more on the open market, and hey, it only takes one team. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

It's a 50/50 shot that you are right.  I don't get the feeling he would turn away from a super bowl contending football team unless the Bills don't want him back which I don't see either.  I do find it interesting the Bills haven't restructured any contracts yet.  Maybe there aren't many inevitable contracts to outgoing free agents

They need to do something.  I'd be surprised if they don't at least want Bates and Zimmer, who are RFA.

They're at -$3.9M in cap space currently.  They can't even open the league year and do nothing without some moves.

My thinking is that as usual with Beane, he is gliding serenely across the surface of the combine water while underneath the surface, his little feet are paddling like hell to get somewhere

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wiseman3 said:

Lol, I can assure you I am not trolling or just doing this to get a reaction. You'll all owe me some wings when this happens! I don't know why people don't think this is believable...Alcohol is a hell of a drug when it comes to spilling secrets. And you'd have to be crazy to think that just because its not in the tampering window yet, that people aren't unofficially contacting each other.  If I'm wrong, make fun of me all you want. I can handle it! 😂

We owe you nothing even if this happens because "even a busted clock is right twice a day". 

We've explained why we don't think the absolute certainty of your op title "not coming back"  believable.  We all know that Phillips may go elsewhere. We all know that agents and FO guys talk.  It's entirely possible Harry's agents have a number from the Bills and have had informal spitball chats over drinks with FO from various teams that are enough higher that he's pretty sure the Bills won't match, but plausible deniability is important to these talks, and so there's a lot of details that might not prove out when he actually sees the final written contract.

We also get a lot of guys who come in asserting some kind of inside knowledge that doesn't prove out.  "Met Phillips best friend when he was drunk in a bar and he showed me texts proving this" is a relatively weak-sauce story.

We will find out soon enough. I hope we get Harry back but if not we will have a great plan to replace him. It sounds like the Bills have built a great family like culture in OP. Harry seems like he likes it in Buffalo 🦬. Good luck to him if he decides to go elsewhere. 

18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If Denver were to come to Beane tomorrow and offer their two second rounders(40 and 64) and a 4th in exchange for #25 overall............so they had an extra 1st to deal to GB...........then I would say they should probably take it.     They need talent on rookie contracts.

Agreed but I would much prefer a 1st round pick in 2023 to be part of the deal.

Jmo.

17 hours ago, The Dean said:

Bulls#it. This might very well happen despite you completely making up a story. 

I know this has turned into a discussion about Harry staying/ leaving.  But the real issue here is your completely unbelievable post

Its just a joke my man. Noone owes me anything. I've already said multiple times that I don't expect anyone to believe me! The texts and multiple pictures with Harrison, telling us he was great friends with him, storys etc etc made me believe him 100%. Felt that I needed to share the story with everyone...nothing deeper than that. I will gladly eat crow if he's back. Go bills

20 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They need to do something.  I'd be surprised if they don't at least want Bates and Zimmer, who are RFA.

They're at -$3.9M in cap space currently.  They can't even open the league year and do nothing without some moves.

My thinking is that as usual with Beane, he is gliding serenely across the surface of the combine water while underneath the surface, his little feet are paddling like hell to get somewhere

If Bills want to do that basic RFA stuff with Bates, when is the deadline for it?

Edited by No_Matter_What

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Agree on Bates, Zimmer being injured, likely can get him back for less than the tender guarantee, believe it's $2.5 mil?  Sign him to vet min contract??

4 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

If want to do they that basic RFA stuff with Bates, when is the deadline for it?

That's a really good question.  I assumed it was the first day of the new league year, but I don't really know and a quick google search turned up what the tag values are, but not what the deadline is.

Anyone?  @YoloinOhio?

4 hours ago, wiseman3 said:

Its just a joke my man. Noone owes me anything. I've already said multiple times that I don't expect anyone to believe me! The texts and multiple pictures with Harrison, telling us he was great friends with him, storys etc etc made me believe him 100%. Felt that I needed to share the story with everyone...nothing deeper than that. I will gladly eat crow if he's back. Go bills

I actually believe you.

I meet people all the time who claim to know NFL players.  Then they show me pictures, selfies, etc.  I don't think its any big deal.

In fact, isn't there a poster here who received a love letter from Dawson Knox ?

4 hours ago, wiseman3 said:

I have done this before on credible information that I have received from someone in the know as well. (Years ago I knew one of our coaches). I appreciate you sharing what you heard despite the slings and arrows it brings with it. 

As far as Horrible Harry, I would love for him to remain with the Bills, but only if they do not have to overpay for his services. Hopefully the market is not there, but most likely it is. 

8 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I actually believe you.

I meet people all the time who claim to know NFL players.  Then they show me pictures, selfies, etc.  I don't think its any big deal.

In fact, isn't there a poster here who received a love letter from Dawson Knox ?

Do these people you meet claim to be the player's BEST FRIEND?  Did they then tell you about his private, personal business?  Did the person claiming to receive Knox's letter claim to be his wife?

13 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I actually believe you.

I played with this dude:

Great guy. So I know like 3 people who played in the NFL, so I never say never. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.