Rumor- Harrison Phillips not coming back

wiseman3

My first question is why is Harrison’s best friend out by himself in Buffalo 🦬?  Harrison is from Nebraska and went to Stanford. So is his best friend out in a Buffalo telling people Harrison isn’t coming back? Or is Harrison’s best friend somewhere else in the World 🌎 telling people Harrison’s intentions? This is totally made up. Pretty weird to say the least. 😂😂😂

Edited by Paul Costa
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, wiseman3 said:

Met Harrison's best friend out in Buffalo tonight...showed texts to prove that he will not be coming back in free agency. I don't expect anyone to really believe this, but you'll just have to believe me haha. He will not be a Bill next year

I expect his best friend learned this in a High Level Meeting 😄

Harrison Phillips is a smart guy.  His agents are smart guys.  They understand there's this thing called "tampering". 

Waving around texts that "prove" he will sign elsewhere in FA, before FA even starts would be tampering. 

We all know conversations between agents and GMs occur at the combine and winter meetings, but actual texts proving something are another matter. 

I don't expect you to believe me, but you 'll just have to believe me haha.

19 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

Lol yeah like I said I don't expect anyone to believe me. But sounds like he'll be accepting another offer

Now now.  You went from PROVING he is NOT coming back, to "sounds like" he'll accept another offer.  Which is it?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He's played 7 good games his entire career. He won't have much demand for his services. They will be drafting a DT early.

Star and a rookie will split time at NT. Hope they move on from Zimmer too. He was limited athletically even before he got hurt. 

Well, sure Zimmer was limited….onlyAaron Donald is not limited athletically. You have to look at players by their value.Which is how much they can help in relation to how much they get paid. We are looking for the best bargains now that JA’s contract is a reality. Hopefully, we can find a better player at around the same cash to backup Ed but if we can’t Zimmer is (was) a pretty good bargain basement backup.

44 minutes ago, Augie said:

You went from texts “to prove that he will not be coming back ”to “sounds like” he will not be back. Don’t move the goal posts on us. 

It’s a crap shoot, like with every other player in free agency. They all have interest at different levels with different teams at different costs. We wait, and we will see. 

EDIT: I wonder if Harrison’s “best friend” is the same guy Harrison would say is HIS best friend. A lot of guys like to cling on. 

Considering Phillips says Allen is his best friend, probably not.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

It's crazy to think he was a healthy scratch early in the year and now it would be a loss if we didn't re-sign him.  I'm pretty confident they'll get a deal done.

Props to him.  I thought his career was over when he was a healthy scratch mid-season.  But he really did play good football the last half of the season and into the playoffs.  If the money is right, i think he would be a fine back-up DT.  But that is probably as good as he will ever be.  They need someone to pair with Oliver that can consistently take on two blockers, hold his ground, and make some plays from time to time.  

21 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

Well, sure Zimmer was limited….onlyAaron Donald is not limited athletically. You have to look at players by their value.Which is how much they can help in relation to how much they get paid. We are looking for the best bargains now that JA’s contract is a reality. Hopefully, we can find a better player at around the same cash to backup Ed but if we can’t Zimmer is (was) a pretty good bargain basement backup.

Yes for the money he played ok.  

1 hour ago, wiseman3 said:

Lol yeah like I said I don't expect anyone to believe me. But sounds like he'll be accepting another offer

Considering he is under contract until the beginning of the next league year which doesn't start til March 16 I would say you're accusing another team of tampering. It would also mean that Phillips dislikes this team so much that he isn't willing to entertain offers to match. This flies in the face of the type of person he is by all accounts, so yeah you either have very poor judgment and got "got" by a troll or you're a troll yourself. 

2 hours ago, wiseman3 said:

Met Harrison's best friend out in Buffalo tonight...showed texts to prove that he will not be coming back in free agency. I don't expect anyone to really believe this, but you'll just have to believe me haha. He will not be a Bill next year

What isle at the CVS were you two in, I’m guessing the seasonal goods isle…, 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He's played 7 good games his entire career. He won't have much demand for his services. They will be drafting a DT early.

Star and a rookie will split time at NT. Hope they move on from Zimmer too. He was limited athletically even before he got hurt. 

And look at FAs who sign 1 year prove it deals. Each team is biased to their own players, but if Harry is good (which he is when healthy) why would he take below market value and/or extra length to stay with the Bills to play 55% of snaps. 

Also, view this from his perspective. He has one chance, as is this chance, to get paid. No way he doesn’t test the market, even if the Bills offer market value (which honestly with the cap, is like $8-$10 million, depending on length). Look at DeVondre Campbell going from ATL to GB, yes different position, but this happens more than you care to admit. This is the one downside to our system, guys wanna play and not rotate as it leads to injury and such. Harry will have demand. 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I thought it was interesting Beane said Phillips will test free agency during his combine interview. No one really reacted to it. Sounds like Phillips wants more than the Bills are willing to offer. 

If Phillips signs elsewhere, DT is suddenly a huge need for us. Under contract for 2022 we have Oliver, Star, and Eli Ankou. That's it. If Star retires we have next to nothing at the position.

The DE situation isn't much better. Three "hopefully they'll develop" players in Rousseau, Basham, and Epenesa, and PS fodder Mike Love.

I know everyone is giddy over the WR 40 times this year, but no one should be surprised if Beane once again goes heavy at d-line on the first two days of the draft. There's a massive need at every spot and there won't be any cheap starting caliber players in FA.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Considering he is under contract until the beginning of the next league year which doesn't start til March 16 I would say you're accusing another team of tampering. It would also mean that Phillips dislikes this team so much that he isn't willing to entertain offers to match. This flies in the face of the type of person he is by all accounts, so yeah you either have very poor judgment and got "got" by a troll or you're a troll yourself. 

He is not under contract. And tampering? Seriously? Do you know and have a direct line to Harry? As in you know what type of person he is? He owes us nothing and has every right to test the market. Does where you work have exclusive rights to your employment? That’s what you’re implying. He’s a good player, and would love to have him back, but also understand as a 3rd round pick and injury history, he’s doing what’s best for him and his family and not “our Bills family”

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.