Rumor- Harrison Phillips not coming back

wiseman3

Met Harrison's best friend out in Buffalo tonight...showed texts to prove that he will not be coming back in free agency. I don't expect anyone to really believe this, but you'll just have to believe me haha. He will not be a Bill next year

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4
  • Dislike 3

6 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

Met Harrison's best friend out in Buffalo tonight...showed texts to prove that he will not be coming back in free agency. I don't expect anyone to really believe this, but you'll just have to believe me haha. He will not be a Bill next year

No. No I don’t. 

I’ll wait and see how it plays out. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 6

If this is true it is probably the Bills low balling him, and telling him to see if he can beat it in FA. Purse strings seem tight this offseason (for example Beasley being allowed to seek a trade, probably asked to take a pay cut), maybe saving cap space for a big splash signing?

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

Sure you did...

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He's played 7 good games his entire career. He won't have much demand for his services. They will be drafting a DT early.

Star and a rookie will split time at NT. Hope they move on from Zimmer too. He was limited athletically even before he got hurt. 

Athletic ability is not his problem. 

Ce7TmXGWsAA4-BZ.jpeg

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Big C said:

OK but if this is real, what are his reasons?

Likely that the Bills don't want to pay him what his agent says he's worth and will get as a FA.  Is the agent correct, we'll find out in a couple weeks.  Or the Bills due pay him what he wants or close to it, then he does sign.

Maybe as others posted the Bills plan to sign another better FA or draft one high.  Can't get out of Stars contract this year, so he's not needed that much or at least valued that much.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

13 minutes ago, wiseman3 said:

Lol yeah like I said I don't expect anyone to believe me. But sounds like he'll be accepting another offer

You went from texts “to prove that he will not be coming back ”to “sounds like” he will not be back. Don’t move the goal posts on us. 

It’s a crap shoot, like with every other player in free agency. They all have interest at different levels with different teams at different costs. We wait, and we will see. 

EDIT: I wonder if Harrison’s “best friend” is the same guy Harrison would say is HIS best friend. A lot of guys like to cling on. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Likely that the Bills don't want to pay him what his agent says he's worth and will get as a FA.  Is the agent correct, we'll find out in a couple weeks.  Or the Bills due pay him what he wants or close to it, then he does sign.

Maybe as others posted the Bills plan to sign another better FA or draft one high.  Can't get out of Stars contract this year, so he's not needed that much or at least valued that much.

I'm sure one by one they're approaching their FA's and telling them what they're willing to pay. Take it or leave it.  Harry's a nice player but nothing that we can't replace. Draft Wyatt or Jones day 2.  I think Harry, Zimmer and Butler are all gone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.