How much $ is Trubusky going to sign for in FA?

Estro

59 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

The more the better. Could land a 3rd round comp pick if Beane doesn't screw it up by signing too many guys.  Wallace will probably net them a 4th rounder too.

Exactly....wish him the best but I could care less where he goes or what he makes as long as we land that 3rd round pick.

• Like (+1) 2

He will be in high demand, the QB class is weak this year which puts an added premium with FA QB’s and Trubisky is viewed as one of the more attractive options.  He will probably get a deal around the $15m a year with escalators to have it go up to as high of around $18m depending on performance.

Lots of upside, mobile, good arm, young with starting and playoff experience.  I would suspect that a year sitting with Daboll and Allen did him good.

• Agree 3

If Dalton got $10M last year in a down year for salary cap, I think Trubisky will see something in the range of a 2 year $28M deal as a baseline.

I could see it going up from there based on the QB trade market drying up, nothing spectacular in FA or the draft it QB and the amount of QB needy teams this year. I expect a nice comp pick (round 4ish) out of it pending on Beane's FA spending (which should be on the low end this year with the cash we have available).

11 hours ago, eSJayDee said:

I don't think there's a reason to think he can't be a top 15 QB.  How much does a Ryan Tannehill make?  I'd think he'd sign somewhere in the neighborhood of $10m SB, low 2022 salary then $20m+ (maybe w/ additional incentives for 2023). So let's say 2 yrs $40m ttl.

Do you mean no reason other than his performance while in Chicago?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I find this talk funny. What did he do to be in high demand this offseason vs last offseason? But I wouldn’t be shocked to see him get a raise. But $15m? 

He somehow made people forget his tape from the previous season and watched from afar while his former coach was proven inept and consequently fired. He also played on a team with the best-development story at QB in a long time, possibly ever. He was a the top QB pick in a strong QB draft for something that Chicago saw, and teams in need of a QB see a young, athletic, strong-armed, intelligent and team-first player with upside. He’ll get paid north of $10million annually and there are sufficient signs pointing to that being a possible strong value for the right team.

• Like (+1) 2

He should get a decent deal.  Who else is out there who has a winning record, won't cost you a draft pick and who appeared to be hamstrung by an inept HC/OC in his previous stint?  Who is available in the draft that is clearly better?

• Agree 1

What is the allure of comp picks? 4th rounders.  (3rd round if Leslie didn't choke the pooch in KC and got hired as HC)

I'd rather Beane do what needs to be done in FA, instead of signing fewer people in order to get the precious 4th rounder.

Regarding Trubisky: someone will overpay him 12 mil plus an incentive laden contract.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, boater said:

What is the allure of comp picks? 4th rounders.  (3rd round if Leslie didn't choke the pooch in KC and got hired as HC)

I'd rather Beane do what needs to be done in FA, instead of signing fewer people in order to get the precious 4th rounder.

Regarding Trubisky: someone will overpay him 12 mil plus an incentive laden contract.

The Bills should be doing whatever they possibly can to win now, and that means bringing in whatever free agents you need to make that happen.

But, the Bills aren't loaded with cap space, so they will not be able to sign a bunch of guys unless they are depth pieces.

I agree that comp picks should not be a primary factor to consider. Bring in the guys to help win.

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Do you mean no reason other than his performance while in Chicago?

I would equate his performance there w/ that of Tannehill's in MIA.  Also, they were both highly regarded draft choices that disappointed.  But, he wasn't bad.  And they both seemed to be in poor situations.  Given that, if anything, I think his CHI performance is indicative that he's got potential.  Frankly, I was shocked when he signed for us for only $2.5m.  I can only assume that he thought he actually needed the training.

• Like (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to How much $ is Trubusky going to sign for in FA?
1 hour ago, ngbills said:

I find this talk funny. What did he do to be in high demand this offseason vs last offseason? But I wouldn’t be shocked to see him get a raise. But $15m? 

58 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

He somehow made people forget his tape from the previous season and watched from afar while his former coach was proven inept and consequently fired. He also played on a team with the best-development story at QB in a long time, possibly ever. He was a the top QB pick in a strong QB draft for something that Chicago saw, and teams in need of a QB see a young, athletic, strong-armed, intelligent and team-first player with upside. He’ll get paid north of $10million annually and there are sufficient signs pointing to that being a possible strong value for the right team.

The most telling thing is that the Giants are after him.  Daboll was the one observing him in practice.  If Daboll is interested and thinks the Giants should be trying to to sign him potentially at a starter price... that speaks volumes

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, boater said:

Gabe Davis and Tauron Johnson were 4th round picks ……

There's no talk in the NY media about Trubisky.  Meanwhile the talk is centered around getting an experienced BACKUP for Jones who can come in & win games if he's out, not a replacement.  The Trubisky to Giants is just speculation by some guy who needs to put something out there to get paid with no idea what he's talking about.  

If Trubisky is going to get over $10 million, it will be from a team where he would immediately be #1 on their depth chart.  Teams like Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Denver, Tampa Bay & Carolina make a lot more sense than the NYG.  Unless the Giants new management has reviewed all the film & decided it's time for Jones to go, they are not signing Mitch.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

There's no talk in the NY media about Trubisky.  Meanwhile the talk is centered around getting an experienced BACKUP for Jones who can come in & win games if he's out, not a replacement.  The Trubisky to Giants is just speculation by some guy who needs to put something out there to get paid with no idea what he's talking about.  

If Trubisky is going to get over $10 million, it will be from a team where he would immediately be #1 on their depth chart.  Teams like Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Denver, Tampa Bay & Carolina make a lot more sense than the NYG.  Unless the Giants new management has reviewed all the film & decided it's time for Jones to go, they are not signing Mitch.  

Yeah, the idea is to fix Jones and signing Trubisky to start doesn't help there, and being a highly-paid backup doesn't make sense.

40 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

I would equate his performance there w/ that of Tannehill's in MIA.  Also, they were both highly regarded draft choices that disappointed.  But, he wasn't bad.  And they both seemed to be in poor situations.  Given that, if anything, I think his CHI performance is indicative that he's got potential.  Frankly, I was shocked when he signed for us for only $2.5m.  I can only assume that he thought he actually needed the training.

I was surprised when he signed with us for $2.5M too.  But his issues in Chicago seemed to be of the “neck up” variety.  Could that have a lot to do with poor coaching?  Sure.  But even if that was the case (and it almost certainly was), that doesn’t mean he can play if he gets good coaching.  That said, I don’t blame a QB needy team for taking a crack at him.  I would.  It’s a poor QB draft and very poor QB FA class.  What’s worse is that - other than Trubisky - we know who every other FA QB is.  He’s the only one that has a real possibility of upside.  But let’s keep in mind that his stock rose in a year when he didn’t played a meaningful snap.  It didn’t do so well the years he was. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.