How much $ is Trubusky going to sign for in FA?

Estro

Tony Pauline @ ProfootballNetwork had an article stating the Steelers are set to make a run at Tribusky, but that they may have competition from the Giants. He reported it could take big money to sign him. 

A month ago I was of the mind that Tribusky would get a $6-8M deal for a chance to compete, but after this chatter that he may be in demand, I'm wondering if he might not go for a lot more. You look back and there has been some crazy contracts handed out to marginal QBs in the last decade:

Foles

Dalton

Glennon

Is it possible Tribusky finds $13-16M? I think it's rich, but I'm starting to think itll be closer to that than my original projection.

I'm going to set the over/under @ $12M per year. I can easily see him finding a 2 year $26M deal.

Obviously if he signs for anything north of $10M the Bills will net a 4th round compensatory pick for him. If he signs for $15M + we'd be in line for a 3rd rounder (in 2023). Come on Steelers and Giants get that bidding war going!

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Estro changed the title to How much $ is Tribusky going to sign for in FA?
1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Trubisky in Pittsburgh is an ideal fit. I don’t get why he would go to NYG, where I think Jones would still be the presumptive starter.

I don't know, they seem pretty even to me but I'd give the edge to Trubisky on experience and familiarity with Daboll albeit just a year. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I don't know, they seem pretty even to me but I'd give the edge to Trubisky on experience and familiarity with Daboll albeit just a year. 

@billsbackto81 & @Miyagi-Do Karate I was going to say that if Daboll believes Trubisky will be an upgrade to Jones, then that's good news for us. Bring on the bidding war!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

likely a lot more than 10M per season which is what Andy Freaking Dalton got from the Bears last season; once the trades happen  or more than likely don't (Wilson, Watson, Rogers, or a cut - Wentz, Darnold ?) other teams thinking win now and all we need is a qb to get to the next level - Steelers, Commies, Broncos, Saints - are likely landing spots

I believe someone will pay much more than they should.  QB's in the draft are underwhelming.  I don't see Rodgers or Wilson going anywhere.  Steelers, Broncos, Washington, Tampa, and Saints are in QB trouble and have decent rosters otherwise.  I expect one of them to pay.  I don't think a contract above $15M per season is out of the question.  The losers of the Jimmy G. sweepstakes will probably push up the price for Mitch.  The ones not willing to pay the price will be left to scramble for the likes of Mariota, Winston, Dalton, etc.. 

It's great that the Bills don't have to deal with any of this.

• Agree 2

I don't think there's a reason to think he can't be a top 15 QB.  How much does a Ryan Tannehill make?  I'd think he'd sign somewhere in the neighborhood of $10m SB, low 2022 salary then $20m+ (maybe w/ additional incentives for 2023). So let's say 2 yrs $40m ttl.

• Like (+1) 2

It depends on what Raiders can trade Carr for.

If Raiders are able to trade Carr I think he is a player front office can sell to fans and players as someone young and athletic enough to last for a while but not so expensive that they can afford to upgrade the supporting players.  Tribusky gets to play indoors most of season so if he plays well he will get a 3rd starter contract,

He seems to be a player who Josh McDaniels could build team around.

9 minutes ago, Manther said:

I think he get $15 million a year for two years.  $30 M total, $20 M guaranteed.

I could see this happening in this league,  look at Murray, he is gonna get way way more than he’s worth… like 10 million a year more. 

If non top 5 QBs are looking for $40+ million per year then $15 million or so for a guy like Trubisky doesn't seem too crazy. Steelers would probably be an ideal spot for Trubisky in terms of winning the starting job and landing with a stable organization. Giants I think would be 50/50 to beat out Daniel Jones. Either spot is good for him but I think he has the inside track to the job if the Steelers sign him. And really, around $15 million would be fair because he'd be signing as the starting QB essentially. Probably just a 1 or 2 year deal though.

In an ideal world for us he stays with the Bills for one more year on a cheaper back up deal. This would only happen though if teams like the Steelers and Giants pass and Mitch doesn't like the other possible options. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.