Jordan Davis is unreal

Buffalo_Stampede

Joe Marino had some interesting things to say about him, amongst them he said, the Bills likely don’t have him on their radar, and his history of being a fatty goes way back, gains and loses weight regularly, self admitted sweet tooth, might be worth the watch, jmo.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Joe Marino had some interesting things to say about him, amongst them he said, the Bills likely don’t have him on their radar, and his history of being a fatty goes way back, gains and loses weight regularly, self admitted sweet tooth, might be worth the watch, jmo.

I sure once he signs his multi-million $ guaranteed contract he’ll be more motivated to stay in shape…

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

I sure once he signs his multi-million $ guaranteed contract he’ll be more motivated to stay in shape…

Not always the case, as we Bills fans have seen in the not so distant past, ie; Marcel Darius…, and that other first round O line guy we drafted further back in the ugly years, maybe this guy will get serious with his weight gain issues, I certainly hope so for his sake. But he certainly has a history in that way. 

Everyone in here is talking about stamina and weight. We don't run a defense that puts stress on DL like that. It doesn't matter what DT we draft, he's not likely to top 60% of snaps, and that's if he's as good as Ed Oliver. Oliver probably averages 55%. Harrison Phillips out snapped Oliver.

I don't really care if Davis is only used in run situations. In this defense that's huge. I also believe Davis will free up others to rush the passer. I don't think he'll be a liability when teams pass. The big thing I need to know about Davis is effort. Does the guy love football and does he play hard. His weight can be tracked and managed. I need to know the effort is there all the time.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, mannc said:

Two sacks this year, and he usually comes off the field on third down…no thanks. At least not at 25.

If they draft him, it won't be for sacks.

And they might draft him at 25. Not that I met his best friend or any nonsense like that. Just that he's among o group of real possibilities at that point.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Everyone in here is talking about stamina and weight. We don't run a defense that puts stress on DL like that. It doesn't matter what DT we draft, he's not likely to top 60% of snaps, and that's if he's as good as Ed Oliver. Oliver probably averages 55%. Harrison Phillips out snapped Oliver.

I don't really care if Davis is only used in run situations. In this defense that's huge. I also believe Davis will free up others to rush the passer. I don't think he'll be a liability when teams pass. The big thing I need to know about Davis is effort. Does the guy love football and does he play hard. His weight can be tracked and managed. I need to know the effort is there all the time.

Oliver 623 snaps and Phillips 474. Phillips outsnapped him by percentage, but not by snaps.

But I totally agree with you. He fits the scheme. They could certainly take someone else, but I'd bet they've done due diligence and more on this guy. 

12 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Heard he has had trouble with his weight and that he has a sweet tooth. Doesn’t sound very disciplined. Along with his near atrocious pass rushing he is a pass at 25 for me. 

It is not atrocious, against top competition he was a persistently a factor.  You’re just looking at his stats and coming to that conclusion, sort of like what many did with Josh Allen coming out of college.   His film shows that he is not just a bull rusher but actually has really good gap burst.  He could actually become a highly effective DT in helping collapse the pocket.   Not to mention his near 6’7 height would be a net positive in helping bat passes down and not providing a clear passing lane.

With that said, there is a question whether or not he has the discipline to continue to improve.  If he is just one of those guys that does the necessary to get by then he will end up being an OK DT tackle in the league, which is not what you would want out of your first round pick.   So for me it’s a matter of determining if he has that drive to continuously get better.  If so, then he ends up being a probowl caliber player.

14 hours ago, Dopey said:

That Georgia defensive line was just incredible. To think, Jermaine Johnson had to transfer to get playing time. And even he could go top 10-15.

we only have to identify who's the John McCargo on that DL and not draft him.

Davonta Wyatt looks nasty. 

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

If they draft him, it won't be for sacks.

And they might draft him at 25. Not that I met his best friend or any nonsense like that. Just that he's among o group of real possibilities at that point.

If you say so.

15 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Take a look at the one DT we have drafted in the 1st round and what his talents are......they dont use first round picks on run pluggers

Different needs at 3-tech and 1-tech.

They haven't drafted a massive 1-tech because they had one who they spent a ton on in FA. And that guy is no longer able to consistently stay available. They could do this. Don't know if they will, of course, but they could.

7 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

He also said that Davis has said his job is to get the other team to third and long. No mention of having any interest in getting after the passer on third down. Would absolutely hate this pick. He’s a two down player that struggles with weight.  No thanks… 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I like Wyatt a lot. Here they are side by side. I would put money in the Bills taking Wyatt if both were there at 25. 

I highly doubt either of them being there at 25

I don't expect him to be there at 25 nor do I think that's who Beane has on his radar but for all the posters acting like he would not be a good weapon for the Bills to have must not have sat through those Patriots and Colts games last season where they ran the ball down our throat.  He would absolutely be an asset we could use.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.