Tyreek Hill extension - 4 years 85 mill

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

not true.  Sure he has straight line speed but he breaks ankles.  He’s not just outrunning guys in a Y route

I'm not going to say otherwise because I haven't seen enough film on him. 

All I know is a bunch of the film I see on him is deep shots or him getting YAC (and yes, breaking ankle in the process).

I can't vouch for his route running though.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I get what you mean but he's uncoverable because he's fast, not necessarily because he's a great route runner. 

I feel like I've seen a dozen highlights of him 1 on 1 and mahomes just air mails it to him while he's 5 yards past the defender adjusting and then taking off again.

He does a heck of a lot more than that.  He is an outstanding route runner.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm not going to say otherwise because I haven't seen enough film on him. 

All I know is a bunch of the film I see on him is deep shots or him getting YAC (and yes, breaking ankle in the process).

I can't vouch for his route running though.

You didn't see that crossing route against us?  After an excellent route, great hands catch, took it to the house (then taunted).

14 minutes ago, White Linen said:

You didn't see that crossing route against us?  After an excellent route, great hands catch, took it to the house (then taunted).

I saw the soft coverage that we were playing that allowed him to make that crossing route. 

It was a good catch and run for sure, I can't deny that. 

5 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Seems like a lot of money for a guy who the Chiefs began to manage his snap count due to injury concerns. Hill is fast but not a great route runner or great hands from what I have seen. The season he losses a step is when his production stops and never comes back. 

Agreed...Diggs takes a lot more hits and cheap shots

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Dude has unfair speed. No angle is a good enough angle against him. Bills seemingly find that out once a game against them.

Because the bills play a soft zone against them, you can’t let guys like hill and kelce play pitch and catch there to good at YAC. 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, Beast said:

Hmmmmm. Where does this put a Diggs extension at?

LOL, There’s no way the chefs should be able to do this.

Methinks the Bills and Chefs are playing on different tables….

9 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

So they have the highest paid QB, Top 2 DT, Top 2 TE, Top 2 WR, Top 5 G?  Insane!! 

How are they paying these guys?

They have to be pushing money into the next year every year….

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Diggs talent is not even close to Hill. Apples n Oranges

Doesn’t matter. WR 1s don’t get paid according to the specifics of their skills. They get paid relative to their WR 1s peers and therefore in this case the WR 1s market. No such thing as apples and oranges in number 1 WR contracts. 

4 hours ago, 97bills said:

Because the bills play a soft zone against them, you can’t let guys like hill and kelce play pitch and catch there to good at YAC. 

This. Hill did at the end of the game as what he did at the end of the 1st half. Run fast underneath soft zones, and got into space. Sigh

• Agree 1

<Following is NOT intended as a slight to the BILLS>

I've mentioned this before....the CAP is not a problem if you want to play the game of kicking the can....which is what KC is doing....very similar to what the Saints did up until Brees retired.

Just keep converting money to signing bonus, kick it to next year...and then the next year....it will eventually get to a point where you finally have to eat it and account for it....

Where KC and Buffalo might differ is CASH spending.  When you are converting money to signing bonuses...it means your owner is writing a big fat check RIGHT NOW...to pay out.  If you don't have alot of operating cash....or you do and just don't want to do business that way...then it matters and might determine in part..how a team handles cap.  The Radiers are team that are said to be "cash poor" for example.

I would conclude as I have before....the CAP, while not something you can ignore....it is something that you can work around with a combo of good drafting (saints were good drafters)  ...and kicking money down the line.

KC has drafted well and are set to kick more money down the line.  KC will pay that piper later.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, FireChans said:

The chiefs are trying to win a Superbowl, not have the most cap space in the league in 2025

They should spend more time on these boards. We'd teach them they are doing it wrong.

49 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

<Following is NOT intended as a slight to the BILLS>

I've mentioned this before....the CAP is not a problem if you want to play the game of kicking the can....which is what KC is doing....very similar to what the Saints did up until Brees retired.

Just keep converting money to signing bonus, kick it to next year...and then the next year....it will eventually get to a point where you finally have to eat it and account for it....

Where KC and Buffalo might differ is CASH spending.  When you are converting money to signing bonuses...it means your owner is writing a big fat check RIGHT NOW...to pay out.  If you don't have alot of operating cash....or you do and just don't want to do business that way...then it matters and might determine in part..how a team handles cap.  The Radiers are team that are said to be "cash poor" for example.

I would conclude as I have before....the CAP, while not something you can ignore....it is something that you can work around with a combo of good drafting (saints were good drafters)  ...and kicking money down the line.

KC has drafted well and are set to kick more money down the line.  KC will pay that piper later.

Agree with all this and I have been saying it around here for years. It isn't a salary cap. It is an accounting cap. 

I don't think the Bills are against cash spending. The Pegulas have been more than happy to throw cash at the problem. I do think they have been slightly more cautious in their team building approach but that was as a strategic choice rather than a financial necessity. Some of us think it is time for them to be a little bolder in that regard. 

• Like (+1) 4

20 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I saw the soft coverage that we were playing that allowed him to make that crossing route. 

It was a good catch and run for sure, I can't deny that. 

Soft coverage?  It was press - man. 

He ran a gorgeous route, creating the perfect angle for the QB.

9 hours ago, T master said:

So given the Mahomes contract along with Kelsey, Hill, & others are the Chiefs heading in the same direction as the Saints ?

Yes.  The Saints were  legit contenders every year Drew Brees was on that team regardless of their cap situation.  They only got 1...maybe that's all KC will ever get too, but KC, with Mahomes, and decent drafting, will always be competing, always structuring deals to sign and/or keep star players and going for it every year until Mahomes is done.  

Edited by Zerovoltz
grammar
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Yes.  The Saints were  legit contenders every year Drew Brees was on that team regardless of their cap situation.  They only got 1...maybe that's all KC will ever get too, but KC, with Mahomes, and decent drafting, will always be competing, always structuring deals to sign and/or keep star players and going for it every year until Mahomes is done.  

So the Saints did have the three year 7-9 run in the middle. Part of that was them eating a little bit of can kicking from the first half of the Brees run (especially on defense) part of it was other factors - the Bountygate suspensions etc. But every year Brees had a defense better than I think 28th in the NFL he took them to the playoffs. Between their Superbowl year and his final game they made the playoffs 8 times in 12 years. Their year to win a 2nd one was the missed PI call year. I thought they were the best team in the NFL that season and they'd have beaten the Patriots in the Superbowl. 

Certainly when I look at the Bills situation I think this year and next (22 and 23) are proper window years... 2024 might be too... but we would need the cap to have fully rebounded by then. 2025 and 2026 are likely to be the mini-reload years. Josh will have big cap numbers in those two years, and you start getting to the end of the other foundation pieces contracts - Tre White and Dion Dawkins for example. We could still make the playoffs those two years, but I think if there is a mini reload where we look less competitive for a couple of seasons it is likely to be around then. How bad it is depends a lot on drafting. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/7/2022 at 7:58 AM, Billzgobowlin said:

Hill is overrated imo.  When he starts slowing down I think he will be out of the league.

hill is probalby a little underrated....

Anyhow....I am usually all for letting a WR who is about to sign contract 3 for big money, jus go ahead and walk..but say what you want about Hill....that dude shows up to camp in ROCK solid shape..he's been relatively healthy for his career (his missed time has been due to the kind of injuries that don't affect speed...shoulder etc)  ...he's got the appearance of one of the rare dudes that maintains a high level of effectiveness longer than most others.....I want Kc to go ahead and sign him to another high money dea because I think he's worth the money and will be effective for the length of the contract.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.