Which WR do you think the Bills will draft?

Milanos Milano

Which WR do you think will be a Bill?   

153 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the WR you think the Bills will draft.

• Jameson Williams
    • Chris Olave
    • Garrett Wilson
    • Treylon Burks
    • Drake London
    • Jahan Dotson
    • Christian Watson
    • Calvin Austin III
    • Wan’Dale Robinson
    • Khalil Shakir
    • Skyy Moore
    • Alec Pierce
    • Justyn Ross
    • Other

I think Philly takes Jamison Williams with one of the 3 first rounders. They can pair him up with Devonta Smith. I like Christian Watson but I don’t see him making it to pick 57. Probably goes very early day 2.

Edited by turftoe

22 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There is depth into the 4th-5th rounds at a lot of positions.........that's no excuse to reach for need........especially in this draft.

When you stray from the principle of drafting THE BEST player at one of the premium postions in round 1...........you risk making a huge mistake........whether they bust or just become a JAG.

There is a very good chance that the best,  most potentially impactful player available to them will be Jameson Williams.

The guy literally looked like he made Alabama better than Georgia...........with all of that talent on the field he was the biggest difference maker on both sides of the ball.

I don't love the idea of taking a guy with an injury like that because I think he might need a full redshirt season to get back to his past level of health/speed/explosiveness.......and even a 95% version of that might make him pretty ordinary as an inexperienced player in the NFL.

But you gotta' treat the draft like an ongoing process of roster building rather than an extension of free agency where you patch holes.  

And round 1 is where you get the STARS..........not the base DE's or CB2's or players at lesser valued positions like RB, G, C, S or LB. 

I have no doubt Beane will take what he feels is this BPA, but people also have to keep in mind that BPA has some need baked into it.  And Beane has said in the past where the draft is deep at in terms of position can play a factor in close decisions.  

But I have nothing against taking a WR in the first either.  Just think if the right CB or DT is there, they may be higher on his board.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I have no doubt Beane will take what he feels is this BPA, but people also have to keep in mind that BPA has some need baked into it.  And Beane has said in the past where the draft is deep at in terms of position can play a factor in close decisions.  

But I have nothing against taking a WR in the first either.  Just think if the right CB or DT is there, they may be higher on his board.

So true. The idea of BPA as a drafting strategy should be strongly considered. But you said it perfectly that some need has to be "baked in" to every pick, regardless of round. Every team has a different draft board. Not everyone values the same players equally. There could be 10 players available at 25 that are infinitesimally equal in whatever BPA metric you use. Take the need.  We need the speed.....

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

You can get speed in the later rounds too. How good was Allen when he had no time to throw? How good were the Bills when they couldn't stop the run? This game is won in the trenches. That's football 101. Yet, we all (myself included) want the "shiney new toy." I trust Beane to pick the BPA and if it's a WR then so be it. Stay true to the board. I believe Beane will add some quality guys in free agency or via a trade. He knows this team needs a small push to make that super bowl run. 

I agree about the oline, and would sign and draft plenty.

there is a good chance that we lose Isiah, Beasley, and Sanders.  That is a huge hole at WR.  And if God forbid Motor got hurt- Moss, Diggs, and Davis is nowhere near as good as 2021 Bills offense

Williams is best WR in this draft, and we would be very fortunate to be able to draft him at 25.

Breece is best RB in this draft.  He would add a Thurman or Joe Cribbs dimension 

Breece is a 3 down back.  He can pass protect, run a wheel route, motion to outside, and score on a 90 yard run.  Right now we don’t have a RB that can do all that, they are pretty rare

we still have FA and picks 3,4,5,6,6,7,7 to address oline, DL, CB, S, edge

Edited by Pete

5 hours ago, Pete said:

I agree about the oline, and would sign and draft plenty.

there is a good chance that we lose Isiah, Beasley, and Sanders.  That is a huge hole at WR.  And if God forbid Motor got hurt- Moss, Diggs, and Davis is nowhere near as good as 2021 Bills offense

Williams is best WR in this draft, and we would be very fortunate to be able to draft him at 25.

Breece is best RB in this draft.  He would add a Thurman or Joe Cribbs dimension 

Breece is a 3 down back.  He can pass protect, run a wheel route, motion to outside, and score on a 90 yard run.  Right now we don’t have a RB that can do all that, they are pretty rare

we still have FA and picks 3,4,5,6,6,7,7 to address oline, DL, CB, S, edge

Fair post. It's hard to get behind a high rb draft choice. The game has vastly changed and their stock isn't as valuable as it once was. I'm not sure Breece is the answer. He is dynamic and fast but does his game transfer into a difference maker in the NFL? I don't think it does. 

Williams is coming off a serious injury. I think he will be fine and he looks to be a very good receiver. There are several quality receivers that should still be available in the later rounds. 

The draft is always a calculated gamble with no sure thing. Beane and the scouting staff have built this team via the draft. I trust their judgement more than mine. With that said, last year the team was outplayed too many times in the trenches. 

Lastly, I'm going to make a Brady comparasion to Allen. Take for what it's worth. Brady rarely had an elite WR core. His play always elevated their Wrs. Allen can still be great with Diggs, Davis, Knox, and a quality rb like Motor. Allen will make any offensive player better. What he needs is solid protection not a new shiny toy...

On 3/5/2022 at 11:29 AM, NewEra said:

I thought Dotson would the pick until I saw his combine.  I hate to base things on the combine, but I thought he was faster. Maybe he’s like 17 on the football field, runs much faster in games than on the 40 track.  

A 4.43 wasn't fast enough?  And I know you're already aware, but put little stock 40 times.  CeeDee Lamb ran a 4.5, I think.

To me, everything that you see in Jahan's highlights was on full display at the combine and we won't know until the rumors start flying, but he strikes me as someone who would kill the white board.

In my opinion, I don't think there's a more pro-ready guy.  

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

A 4.43 wasn't fast enough?  And I know you're already aware, but put little stock 40 times.  CeeDee Lamb ran a 4.5, I think.

To me, everything that you see in Jahan's highlights was on full display at the combine and we won't know until the rumors start flying, but he strikes me as someone who would kill the white board.

In my opinion, I don't think there's a more pro-ready guy.  

Have you ever watched Lamb after the catch…..and then compared him to Dotson. They are in different realms of RAC ability.  Dotson goes down the second he’s touched. He needs that speed.  

Love his hands. Natural pass catcher for sure.  Was hoping he’d be a 4.3 guy after hearing he was a 4.3 guy.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Have you ever watched Lamb after the catch…..and then compared him to Dotson. They are in different realms of RAC ability.  Dotson goes down the second he’s touched. He needs that speed.  

Love his hands. Natural pass catcher for sure.  Was hoping he’d be a 4.3 guy after hearing he was a 4.3 guy.

He still may be at his pro day.  The important thing is that he plays like a 4.3 guy and gets separation on his routes.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.