Which WR do you think the Bills will draft?

Milanos Milano

Which WR do you think will be a Bill?   

153 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the WR you think the Bills will draft.

• Jameson Williams
    • Chris Olave
    • Garrett Wilson
    • Treylon Burks
    • Drake London
    • Jahan Dotson
    • Christian Watson
    • Calvin Austin III
    • Wan’Dale Robinson
    • Khalil Shakir
    • Skyy Moore
    • Alec Pierce
    • Justyn Ross
    • Other

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The draft dudes podcast said the 1 tech from Utah is a better nfl prospect - Travis Jones 

Wilson played primarily on the outside. He played in the slot as a true sophomore. Are you thinking of Jaxson smith njigba? He was osu’s slot WR, and probably the best of the 3. Not draft eligible yet though.

Wilson’s route running is outstanding. One of the best in the draft. Wins at all 3 levels, whole route tree.  Incredibly smooth/dynamic/burst.  

Idk, I haven’t watched individual game tape of him yet, just highlights, so It’s hard to tell what year they took place.

Just looked at Zierleins scouring report and he says:  

weaknesses: 

-Linear release will get touched up by press.

-Takes off without a clear route plan.

-Needs better route adjustment in traffic.

-Route-running is raw and segmented.

-Sloppy footwork in and out of intermediate break points.

-Hindered by elongated stem and excessive stutter-stepping.

-Suffered from focus drops near the sideline.

-Average win rate in battle for positioning.

the first two weaknesses suggest he may have trouble playing outside.  No press in the slot.  He also said his route running is raw.  

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

To your points, it’s really hard to say.

We may all be surprised. I did not see them picking Groot last year and certainly did not see Basham as rd #2 pick on top of that. The Bills may get lucky with the BPA at #25. While I hardly doubt it will happen, I would also not shock me if they went interior o line at #25.

Me neither.  If they went DT I wouldn’t be surprised either.  They can go many directions.  Once free agency starts and we see who they bring in I can make a more educated guess.  If they go vet FA at WR or CB I wouldn’t count on one at 25 since the draft is deep with those positions.   

2 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I think Garrett Wilson will be the best wr of this class. He has rare athleticism and still has room for improvement as a route runner even though he consistently gets open. He reminds me of Antonio Brown minus the headache.

He’s my favorite, but for this poll I didn’t choose him because he’ll be long gone by pick 25.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Idk, I haven’t watched individual game tape of him yet, just highlights, so It’s hard to tell what year they took place.

Just looked at Zierleins scouring report and he says:  

weaknesses: 

-Linear release will get touched up by press.

-Takes off without a clear route plan.

-Needs better route adjustment in traffic.

-Route-running is raw and segmented.

-Sloppy footwork in and out of intermediate break points.

-Hindered by elongated stem and excessive stutter-stepping.

-Suffered from focus drops near the sideline.

-Average win rate in battle for positioning.

the first two weaknesses suggest he may have trouble playing outside.  No press in the slot.  He also said his route running is raw.  

Every analyst has their own eye I guess, I don’t think he’s aligned to most on this one but really haven’t read any of them 

10 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I went with Alec Pierce. I think most of the list you have will be gone before our second round pick. Size and speed and I think he could possibly be there for us in the 2nd. I also think this is the year they double dip on a WR. Like 2nd & 4th, maybe 5th round depending. Should be a WR that can also handle P/K returns. I know Velus Jones is a little older, but maybe he'll be available?

Either way, I would like to draft Pierce.

They’ll take a WR at 25 if the right guy is there. Lots of OTs and edge will go off the board. Let’s see who drops.

4 minutes ago, Beerball said:

They’ll take a WR at 25 if the right guy is there. Lots of OTs and edge will go off the board. Let’s see who drops.

Anything is possible, but If a lot of OTs and edge go, a top CB could be there as well. I Just don't see us using a 1st for a wr 3 or 4. Only time will tell.

17 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Anything is possible, but If a lot of OTs and edge go, a top CB could be there as well. I Just don't see us using a 1st for a wr 3 or 4. Only time will tell.

A wR 3 or 4 for how long?  I think any Wr that we take will be better than Gabe Davis after a year or two.  Some might be better in 2022.  Beane stacking a foundation.  When a first rd rookie contract is up, Diggs will be 33 and we’ll be drafting Diggs’ replacement while paying this WR his big contract 

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

A wR 3 or 4 for how long?  I think any Wr that we take will be better than Gabe Davis after a year or two.  Some might be better in 2022.  Beane stacking a foundation.  When a first rd rookie contract is up, Diggs will be 33 and we’ll be drafting Diggs’ replacement while paying this WR his big contract 

I'm not saying it isn't a need, I just don't see it at 25 and as deep as this class seems to be, I believe they can wait until after the 1st round. Just my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I'm not saying it isn't a need, I just don't see it at 25 and as deep as this class seems to be, I believe they can wait until after the 1st round. Just my opinion. 

Agreed.  Just not sure any of those non 1st rounds look like bonafide WR1s.  Maybe Pickens?

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  Just not sure any of those non 1st rounds look like bonafide WR1s.  Maybe Pickens?

If Pickens didn’t have injury concerns the past few seasons he would have been a 1st rounder, and Georgia barely threw the football his last 2 seasons. If they could get him in the 2nd/3rd that would be a steal.

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not sure myself. But it falls in line with my original thoughts. I'm not looking for a WR1 this year. We already have Diggs and Davis. I'm looking more at a wr2 or 3. That's why I voted for Alec Pierce.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

If Pickens didn’t have injury concerns the past few seasons he would have been a 1st rounder, and Georgia barely threw the football his last 2 seasons. If they could get him in the 2nd/3rd that would be a steal.

For sure.  👍🏻  I’d be happy with a cornerback or IOL rd 1 and pickens rd 2,  

what’s everyone thoughts on Trey McBride?  I haven’t watched any tape, just combine.  He looked great at the combine.  Knox is about to get 12M+. Is McBride better?  Probably.  Might be a strategy to avoid paying a TE 12-15M aav. It’s a reach, just a thought and a falling point

1 minute ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Not sure myself. But it falls in line with my original thoughts. I'm not looking for a WR1 this year. We already have Diggs and Davis. I'm looking more at a wr2 or 3. That's why I voted for Alec Pierce.

Gotcha 

I want as many potential #1s as we can get and would do everything in my power to give Josh more and more weapons and OL. We’re going to lose Beasley.  He was a focal part of our offense and a huge asset on 3rd downs. He made a living on converting them. Will we resign Isaiah?  Who knows?  But Diggs and Davis aren’t nearly enough imo.  One goes down and we’re in trouble.  We’ve seen teams double and take Diggs completely out of the game.  We need more and the better they are, they better off we are.  Josh can be unstoppable for the next 3 years of Beane does it right

1 hour ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I could see it, if they think the player is a #1 wr in 3-4 years, when Diggs hits 33-34. 

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

For sure.  👍🏻  I’d be happy with a cornerback or IOL rd 1 and pickens rd 2,  

what’s everyone thoughts on Trey McBride?  I haven’t watched any tape, just combine.  He looked great at the combine.  Knox is about to get 12M+. Is McBride better?  Probably.  Might be a strategy to avoid paying a TE 12-15M aav. It’s a reach, just a thought and a falling point

Gotcha 

I want as many potential #1s as we can get and would do everything in my power to give Josh more and more weapons and OL. We’re going to lose Beasley.  He was a focal part of our offense and a huge asset on 3rd downs. He made a living on converting them. Will we resign Isaiah?  Who knows?  But Diggs and Davis aren’t nearly enough imo.  One goes down and we’re in trouble.  We’ve seen teams double and take Diggs completely out of the game.  We need more and the better they are, they better off we are.  Josh can be unstoppable for the next 3 years of Beane does it right

In a couple of my others posts and many mocks I haven't posted (different threads) I've mentioned it wouldn't surprise me if we double dipped on WR. I also think think they'll bring in a FA. Probably mid level+. Someone like a Byron Pringle. With the cap savings from Beasley alone, they could probably pay both Pringle and McKenzie. Plus we still have Stevenson that has barely played an offensive snap and Hodgins that hasn't really played that was supposed to be promising. Maybe this year? But I do get what your saying. Never hurts to have extra weapons for Josh.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I have an optometrist appointment scheduled for May. Maybe I'll changed my appointment. 😂

Ok.

11 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

In a couple of my others posts and many mocks I haven't posted (different threads) I've mentioned it wouldn't surprise me if we double dipped on WR. I also think think they'll bring in a FA. Probably mid level+. Someone like a Byron Pringle. With the cap savings from Beasley alone, they could probably pay both Pringle and McKenzie. Plus we still have Stevenson that has barely played an offensive snap and Hodgins that hasn't really played that was supposed to be promising. Maybe this year? But I do get what your saying. Never hurts to have extra weapons for Josh.

Yeah there are several ways to attack this wR situation. I think one of the keys is deciding what to do with Lil dirty. If we don’t resign him, we NEED a slot badly.  I’d prefer if that guy wasn’t a 3rd-7th rd pick.  

if we sign a wr, I hope he’s a stud or a guy getting his 3rd contract. I think guys like Pringle (first time FA’s) should and will be chasing the cash. I wouldn’t want to pay him more than 2-3M a year.  3 might be pushing it.  

We need a super bowl soon.  Give josh more and more.  He can be as close to unstoppable as any QB in history while he has this ability to run.  He won’t have it forever

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Wow. Really? I am completely unfamiliar with college players, but Gabe Davis has been incredibly impressive the last 2 years. For one thing he seems to have some of the best sideline awareness in the NFL. Plus he's big, powerful and a really good route runner already.

Anyone else in this thread agree with this poster's assessment?

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think the Bills will take Jordan Davis. Does not fit their profile at 1 tech, weight management and conditioning issues, not as effective against the pass as they want.

8 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Yeah I’ve heard a lot of negatives in the draft about this guy...I could see him dropping to the mid rounds, honestly...

oh yeah?  tell us more....

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Wow. Really? I am completely unfamiliar with college players, but Gabe Davis has been incredibly impressive the last 2 years. For one thing he seems to have some of the best sideline awareness in the NFL. Plus he's big, powerful and a really good route runner already.

Anyone else in this thread agree with this poster's assessment?

I mean I disagree with the word "any" but it's completely possible one of them will be.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.